Customize

Daily Mail (UK) Asks Is John Travolta cracking up?

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by GaiFox, Jul 24, 2009.

1. GaiFox Member

Daily Mail (UK) Asks Is John Travolta cracking up?

Is John Travolta cracking up? It's not just grief - and guilt - over his dead son that are tearing the actor apart

They're claiming it's Scientology and the threat of (though not specified by name) Fair Game. A really well written article. No comments yet.

A snippet: "His distress, say sources close to him, has been compounded by the first cracks in his 34-year relationship with the Church of Scientology, the cult-like religion of which Travolta is a prominent and generous benefactor."
  2. stuwyatt Member

Re: Daily Mail (UK) Asks Is John Travolta cracking up?

BREAK FREE JOHN! We all know.... and you know we know, and we all know that 'they' know, and to be quite honest, who gives a fuck?
  3. TinyDancer Member

"the FIRST cracks"?
  4. RightOn Member

exactly^^^^^
    man up and leave
  5. The Shadow Member

John-

BLOW THE CULT

Anonymous will help you
  6. Herro Member

I doubt he's an avid WWP reader.
  7. Buttons Member

Finally! Someone in the media is connecting the dots. The writer seems to have a very real understanding of his potential conflict with the COS and his sons death. Let's just hope that other media picks up on this.

Is this a well read website?
  8. Anonymous Member

You're probably right there. On the other hand, I had the chance to meet Larry Anderson at Marc Headley's SP party in LA recently - that's Larry "you can walk out the door now... you could also blow your brains out or jump off a bridge" Anderson. I introduced myself by my wwp nick and to my absolute shock he said he knew me and had been lurking here for 18 months.

Who knew?

*waves to John Travolta* You are loved, man. Srsly. Be yourself. Forget the cult. Live your life to honour Jett. Be free.
  9. Anonymous Member

exactly my thoughts
  10. TinyDancer Member

The Daily Mail? One of the UK's largest circulating newspapers.

Also, be prepared for the story to disappear off the website, á la Cruise. Unless JT is over the cult and willing to let the truth get out. In which case, more power to him.
  11. Spangly Member

The Daily Mail is one of the UK's major print newspapers. I guess I'd call it a high-functioning tabloid.

Its general editorial direction tends to be very slightly Fox News-y, so it's often the butt of jokes (sample headline: "IMMIGRANTS CAUSE CANCER") - but quite a lot of people do buy it and read it.

It's really good that they're not just mentioning "btw scientology which is a bit creepy" as a footnote - they've put some real effort into saying some serious things about the cult.
  12. Buttons Member

TinyDancer & Spangly-

Thanks for your response's regarding the Daily Mail's circulation. I knew it was big, I only asked the question because the board has been so slow, and I wanted anyone reading this thread to realize that this aritcle has the potential to go global if the right interest is generated.
  13. Anonymous Member

We should help him blow.
  14. timthephoto Member

did i just make the first comment on the Mail's article?

---edit--- obviously not, just a moderated site, mine said "cult" and it ain't there now --- end of edit-----
  15. Mutante Member

Awesome cult content, couldn't give a toss about Travolta personally but celeb stories sell the best.

[IMG]
  16. eddieVroom Member

128929727414759340.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

You would be surprised by publicists.
  18. moxie Member

19. Mutante Member

Guess what I died from.

2075882297_189c3e6c4e.jpg?v=0.jpg
  20. adhocrat Member

I doubt they mean licensed clinical therapy. This is Scientology counselling, IOW, more chances for brain washing.

John, the cult sucks so you should blow
  21. Anonymous Member

Gosh Herro you are clever!
  22. Kilia Member

^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!!!!!!!!
  23. pedrofcuk Member

Come on John! Grow balls and tell the truth! We will support you all the way! MUCH LOVE!
  24. auchraw Member

The target of this article is Scientology, not Travolta.

Am I right in thinking that the cult forced the Daily Mail to withdraw an article on some aspect of Scientology, perhaps the Travolta tragedy? Since when the paper has never missed the chance of making a legitimate target of the cult?

Someone will remember the details better than I do but I'm pretty sure it was the Daily Mail.
  25. Anon1260 Member

Why?

WWP is very high up in many Scientology-related search results.

And right now he's doing some soul-searching, and perhaps, google searching

There seems to be this epidemic suggestion around that celebrities never read anything relevant about themselves online.
  26. Re: Daily Mail (UK) Asks Is John Travolta cracking up?

Dear John,

Remember how you were really famous as a young man? Dancing movies, musicals, comedy tv shows - everything was going great...then it slowly wasn't?

You kept trying to capture lightning in the bottle again...but it just wouldn't happen. Not even talking baby movies could save you.

Then along came Quentin Tarantino, and he said - "I'm going to save you John. I'm going to have you do something completely new. I'm gonna have you cuss, and snort heroin, and kill people, and say the word "nigger"."

I bet you had your doubts. I bet you were even scared...but you took a chance, and you did those different things - and everything turned out great! People loved you again. You were really, really famous again.

So you kept doing that same thing. You killed a shitload of people, cussed up a storm, I think you even said "nigger" a couple more times. But very slowly, and very slightly things started to drift back down again. You tried switching it up - made a couple more funny movies, dressed like a woman, and even road a motorcycle. But things are still slowly drifting down again.

It's time to do something completely new again, John. Something even more shocking than snorting heroin and saying "nigger".

It's time to tell the truth, John. It's time to be yourself - and don't afraid anything!

It's 2009 now, John. The majority of the world doesn't care anymore. They aren't going to hold it against you. They aren't going to stop seeing your movies. They aren't going to hate you. Well, maybe the "God Hates Fags" people will - but trust me no one gives a shit about them.

You only get the one life, John - don't waste it hiding and pretending to be what you are not. Get out there and enjoy it. If you keep putting it off your going to get old and fat - and then when you finally do come out of the closet none of the good looking guys will want to fuck you anymore. There is nothing sadder than an old, fat queen, John.

Come on, John - just do it. Stop wasting time. There is a lot of cock out there - and it isn't going to suck itself.

That cult is not your friend. It has blackmailed you in to wasting away your life being something you aren't. Fuck them! Be yourself - come out...of the closet and of the cult. If they give you any shit, you just come tell your new buddies here in Anonymous, and we will kick their asses for you.

You aren't the only one, John. They are doing it to others every day. They get away with in part it by using your name. By using your image. Don't let them do it anymore.

Oh, and one more thing...if you come out - can you give my number to Kelly? Thanks.
  27. xoixoi1 Member

This reporter obviously knows what he's talking about. He mentions ethics cycles and things about $cientology few ordinary people know about. This article is a big splash. (1) It informs the public that the cult is prepared to air your dirty laundry in public, forces confessionals and denies the existance of medical conditions (2) it reveals a nippet of OT3 (3) alludes to the idea that some celebrities want out but can't because of the blackmail risk and (4) the comments section of the article shows the readers are almost unanimous in their disapproval of the cult.

The Daily Mail is pretty right wing but, unlike Faux News, they usually take a strong line against the cult. My enemies enemy is my friend I guess.
  28. mojo Member

hope he can find the courage to blow.
  29. auchraw Member

People seem to think John's problems will be solved if he leaves the cult. They suggest that John should tell the truth. But what if there are less palatable facts about Jett's death that are still to come out? What did the paramedic see that might be worth 20 million dollars? Will the trial reveal any of this? Is John worried as well as depressed? Was the 'nanny' there for him or for Jett? These questions are all lurking between the lines of the Daily Mail article.
  30. Antagone Member

It would be far more likely the Mail journalists read this forum and while I dislike the newspaper itself I have to give credit for them running this article.

Best bit is the Mail readership would be the sort of demographic the Scilons would like to target because they've got money, they can read books and take courses but they're not bright enough to really question the cult.

Mail readers aren't the sort to grab a mask and go to a protest but they would whinge to MPs.
  31. Mutante Member

The Mail is on a roll after possibly the best press article about the cult in recent years. Good enough to have Scientology's lawyers throw a fit and get it taken down. Hats off, gentlemen. Here's looking forward to three in a row.
  32. Anonymous Member

Heed these words John
  33. Anonymous Member

I wish I was as high as you are!!!
  34. Anonymous Member

Also, I love you more than Michael Jackson---do you hear that John Travolta????
  35. Mutante Member

travoltajacket1.jpg
  36. Antagone Member

Hacks have long memories and resent having stories spiked.
  37. Anonymous Member

Big props to certain people in London for helping get this published.
  38. stc Member

Excellent article. Is this article in the print version yet?

Last time English lawyers forced the article about Jett's death to be pulled from their website but it had already been in the print version of the newspaper.

The Daily Mail is sticking its neck out. It's being more gutsy then any other UK paper. (considering England's archaic libel laws).

The Mail is usually a sucky paper. It has huge readership. It's aimed at middle-class conservative* women. It's a Tory paper. They have to be commended for this article though.

* with a small 'c' (as well as a big 'C' I suppose)

(the Mail often sensationalise articles about cannabis and stuff like that - they are a bit like the Republicans)
  39. Spangly Member

PRINTED! Pages 38 and 39 of today's Daily Mail (Saturday 25th).

Photos to follow.
  40. RightOn Member

yep^^^
    I have seen articles disapear off the Daily Mail before. Lets see how long this one stays.