Customize

Darth Xander "fair gamed"

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by anon8109, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Darth Xander Member

Do I ask for the convenience fees back or is that pushing it?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RightOn Member

they can only say no?
    I have no idea
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Intelligence Member

Depends how "unconvenient" the amount of $$$ was I suppose.

What is a "Convenience Fee"?:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. whoever Member

I think asking for them back means you are taking the position that you did nothing wrong. So that would be good, wouldn't it?

What's the worst that could happen?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BigBeard Member

This is what it says about "convience fees" on the Pinellas County Clerk of the Court web page:

They make a point of bolding the 'non-refundable' part, and further down the page make it clear this is a fee charged by the credit card processor handling the transaction, not the court.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Quentinanon Member

Yes and use the loot to buy caek.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Intelligence Member

Just read back to post $35 and now I get it, RE: 'Charges dropped. Refund of my bond'

A BOND? So the convenience fee was just because a Credit Card was used. I guess Cash, no fee?

I am stunned that a BOND had to be paid ... incredible for such a minor ordeal.

Me be careful when I'm down there this Spring or Summer.:)
    • Like Like x 3
  8. RightOn Member

Xander should tell the cult they owe him 2 Starbucks coffees than. :p
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Quentinanon Member

With a generous shot of psych drugs.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BigBeard Member

He might have a shot if he took them to Small Claims Court for costing him money with a false Police Report.
    But then again, I'm not a lawyer.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  11. anon8109 Member

Perhaps. But then again it wouldn't be the first time that police officers run roughshod over constitutional freedoms at the behest of the cult. It can't hurt to make sure that it was just an honest mistake and not some kind of corruption happening.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kilia Member

Sweetie, I would just leave it alone. If they want to refund it, they will do that without asking. If you never get the refund, then you got your answer. ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  13. If I were you, I would consult a lawyer about that.
  14. anon8109 Member

Lots of government offices charge an extra fee if you pay with a credit card, including the IRS, since the card companies take a cut.
    It used to be that government wouldn't accept credit cards at all, so this fee is for people who prefer credit cards to have the option.

To avoid the fee, use cash or check.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Intelligence Member

If Florida is anything like Canada Small Claims Court, I really don't think 3.5% of whatever the BOND was,
    is worth the trouble, time and waiting? I'm up to my eyeballs in a Small Claims Court now with NN/COS
    and it's not an easy task. Of course, each case and incident is different, but mine is still Snailing ahead.:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 3
  16. DeathHamster Member

3.5% sounds like a usual credit card company merchant cut for processing the transaction. Usually it's hidden in the merchant's price, but government don't play that. (And it really sucks that stores can't offer a cash or debit card discount per their merchant agreement with the credit card companies.)

The "convenience" is that you don't have to wait in a cell to be bailed out by someone with the money.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Intelligence Member

Back Out at Scientology's SP Building - March 10, 2015:D

Darth Xander
    Published on Mar 10, 2015
    Got the all clear from CPD today, so took advantage. But what's this? Sidewalk closed? How fortuitous for Scientology! Filmed @ 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10, 2015.

• Like Like x 12
  18. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 5
  19. Darth Xander Member

All back to normal out there. Thank you, CPD, for getting them to pull the sidewalk closed signs.

As a post script to the whole arrest thing, just wanted to pass along my two favorite comments on it from friends:

-It wasn't so bad because at least I didn't get bitched in jail.

-Now that I've been arrested I have street cred and can go the white rapper route if the whole lawyer thing doesn't work out.
    • Like Like x 21
  20. Malory Member

Plus you get cooler results to post on Failbook when you do Buzzfeed quizzes since you're now officially a badass.
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Darth Xander Member

FYI, I'm getting the convenience fee back. And the booking fee. Now about that cab fare...no, I'm just kidding.
    • Like Like x 21
  22. anon8109 Member

Did you use your SP powers?
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Darth Xander Member

I guess so. Is it possible to use SP powers without even knowing it? There's got to be a Scilon term for that.
    • Like Like x 5
  24. anon8109 Member

They call it a past life SP.

You had SP training in one or more previous lifetimes and so were born with natural powers.

If you ever happen to walk by my place I've had this stubborn recurring clog in the bathroom sink...
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Darth Xander Member

Ah of course! I knew that one from the Beghe interview!
    • Like Like x 2
  26. RightOn Member

yes it's called delusion-ness
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Anon1942 Member

To check your SP powers next time your in downtown Chicago, try for a parking space. Lots of luck! LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Darth Xander Member

Oh you can find plenty of parking. You're just going to pay through the nose.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Hugh Bris Member

Paying though the nose? Isn't that an OT skill? Sounds like it.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Ersatz Global Moderator

No problem, you've got all that convenience money!
    • Like Like x 4
  31. Quentinanon Member

A "total SP" or a "2 1/2 percenter".
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 9
  33. RightOn Member

downsizing from Ruth Eckert and at the same time, movie theaters are packed to the gills for Going Clear :p
    • Like Like x 5
  34. Uh, Xander, there was an event at Ruth Eckerd Hall as well as the Ft. Harrison. Tony O posted pics from scilon Facebooks over on his blog:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/15/go...on-in-scientologys-social-media-surveillance/
  35. tigeratbay Member

Looks like the dessert was a big fat turd with lots of blood. Yuck!
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Dot Member

In any Scientology sizable group picture, someone's always taking notes with pen and paper. Just an observation.

Edit to say I reread the captions and I think they are writing checks, not taking notes.
  37. You can now see some of the guys smirking when Xander asked why the event isn't at REH anymore. Fuckers knew the event was going on over there at the same time.

Also, at 4:48, "Something smells around here." Sorry but I lol'ed.
  38. RightOn Member

All dressed up and nobody home upstairs :(
    • Like Like x 1
  39. RightOn Member

That is the butthole who was schmoozing with the NOI for a while. He also was telling scilons to vote for some contest they entered to win cash to "fix a roof" on some scilon building a while back. His name escapes me now. He makes my skin crawl.