Customize

David Carradine just dropped the body

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by anonnews, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Skeptic1337 Member

Re: David Carradine just dropped the body

That's my question...I know the cult says so but Carradine is also shown denying he's a scientologist. Does that make him not?

It's a question really. I know how the cult measures it which is funny. What makes some one a scientologist?

And normally for random joe blow I would say who cares for a celeb is kind of a key question.
  2. Suzette Member

There's no definition of Scientologist. The cult throws around the eight million figure, which apparently was pulled out of someone's ass, although they claimed it was anyone who has done at least one course, ever. Lots of people were browbeaten into doing a course or two who have no good memories of it and would never call themselves Scientologist. So take your pick--if Carradine did a course, and that's how you define it, then he was one. On the other hand, if Carradine did a course, thought it was BS, and said so, and that's how you define a Suppressive Person, he was one of those.
  3. whoever Member

No. It may mean he wasn't, or it may mean that he was afraid to let people know he was. It's not unheard of for celebrity Scilons to deny it. Beck denied it at first, when the rumors came out. The painter Gottfried Helnwein used to deny it.
  4. Skeptic1337 Member

I can totally agree with this.

Now his wife on the other hand. Total scientologist, who set up a paypal like 3 mins after he died to leech some money from this.

I wonder how we could possibly tie in scientology being a money grubbing cult, Kill Bill, stranglefap and crazy batshit insane culties without resorting to leaps of logic.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

Lurk moar: he took two courses, then stopped, but said it was interesting.
  6. anonnews Member

What? I think it's already been shown here (REPEATEDLY) that while he did not [publicly] proclaim himself one, that he certainly had deeper ties than just taking "a course." His direct family members are scientologists, and they will no doubt sink whatever money he has coming into the cult. When they start asking for "donations" on top of it, it is time to expose the connection.
  7. Mutante Member

In this case I would go with the definition Scientology applies when calculating its membership figures. It's an interesting question but it gets a bit metaphysical if you stray too far from the notion of the Scientologist as a consumer of Scientology products.

But it doesn't really matter.

What's interesting to the public right now are his close ties with a psycho cult and the manner in which he shuffled off his mortal coil.
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

Then we should ridicule the family, not him, IMHO.
  9. anonnews Member

In the context of which you quote me, I agree. Except I feel that "expose the family" is a better way of putting it. In the context of the manner of his death.....well that's another story.
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

(Could not resist the pleasure to listen to it once again, sorry.)
  11. Anonymous Member

Maybe that's too many thread to weave into one story.

Right now (i.e. before the autopsy report is produced, before the FBI get involved which might be newsworthy) it seems like the Paypal money grab is an awesome story of cult greed.

It's about the family, who are steeped in Scientology, and the instant tasteless bid for cash.

Anons have screen caps and Paypal details, yes?

That's a story right there. Simple and sensational.
  12. Anonymous Member

c1b9b741-4e3b-476f-ab32-7548366db1dc.jpg
  13. anonnews Member

Well put.
  14. Relyt Member

There have been many stories in which a man and women were together, sometimes married, before one of them, a Scientologist, tried getting their partner into Scientology. The partner refuses to join, and is dumped/divorced. It may not be the same with celebrities though, considering they are treated way differently than other Scientologists.
  15. anonnews Member

nvmnd
  16. Anonymous Member

Carradine killed himself because David Miscavige dumped him, and Carradine couldn't bare to be replaced by a pint-sized action man wannabee.

And remember that David "Yardstick" Miscavige hasn't been seen in ages, as he's hiding in his love nest with Tommy Cruise.
  17. Anonymous Member

This is why many Scientologists end up forming gay relationships with other Culties. Trufax.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. pooks Member

While there is no policy against marrying non Scios it's generally looked down upon. However
    none of these non written rules apply to celebrities. Lisa Marie married both Nicolas Cage and Michael Jackson. Neither were Scios. Scn would not find a problem in a OT marrying a non scio celeb, especially one that is friendly to the cult.
  20. Anon-007 Member

Shame really.

Carradine was respected in life, but all people will remember him for now is being a sad and pathetic sexual deviant who couldn't even manage to tie knots correctly.
  21. pooks Member

Actually per Hubbard the definition of a Scientologist:

"one who betters the conditions of himself and the conditions of others by using Scn technology."

So anyone who uses the tech, is a Scio.
  22. Relyt Member

Don't they also count anyone who buys a book, or gives them their personal information after a test/tour?
  23. Anon-007 Member

Lies, damn lies, and statistics......
  24. whoever Member

It seems like the CoS would actually prefer for one of its celeb members to marry a non-member, hoping that the non-member would become a member, too. (I remember there was speculation that the CoS encouraged Lisa Marie to marry Jacko in order to convert him.)

In a real-world-practicality sense, though, I think a mixed Scilon/non-Scilon marriage isn't likely to last. The Scilon sees everything in Scientology terms and is going to want to use "the tech" all the time. If the Scilon's partner isn't doing the same thing, there's friction. And the Scilon is most likely going to feel frustrated that the partner won't get into Scientology, too (and I think will probably get some pressure from the org about it).

My guess is that Carradine was a minimally active Scientologist. Maybe he was disaffected and not inclined to move up the bridge. Maybe he had some problems pursuing it (past psych drug use, for instance). Who knows. I don't think he could have had any kind of definite break with them, though, and still remained married to one.
  25. mrfyde Member

If anyone has followed the history of David Carradine, there is no getting around the fact that he is an illegal PC. It is one of the major reasons the show Kung Fu ended. If I remember correctly he had a little spree where he went from house to house naked and high as a kite.
  26. Smurf Member

I took Hebrew classes at a synagogue when I was in high school. You're telling me I've been a Jew all these years??
  27. Mutante Member

According to LRH thinking, pretty much. Don't be ashamed you dirty Christ slayer.
  28. anonnews Member

I LOL'd for real!
  29. mrfyde Member

so in decending order you have been a:

Scientologist
    (claimed to have been in People's temple at instruction of Scientology)
    Mormon
    and a Jew ?

I could go further but then you wouldn't think i was just teasing.
  30. DeathHamster Member

Will Smith... who still may be or not be, but was definitely told to STFU by the studio and his PR people.

I also don't think it was unlikely that the CoS celebrity wranglers could see that Carradine was going to self-destruct some day in a messy PR explosion and kept him close but didn't recruit him. (Meanwhile recruiting friends and family.)

This is the guy that kicked his leg through a door at Toronto's Skydome and got it stuck there while intoxicated in the early nineties. (It's hard to find online references to that, but it should be in Toronto newspaper archives.) He could have gone badly sour in a number of ways. Too bad he didn't have a chance to get any professional help with CoS all around.
  31. Haruhi Member

I heart you so hard, but I do have to point out one thing: you can opt out of the completion reports to keep your status confidential. I personally know an actor that does just that.
  32. Re: David Carradine just dropped the body

Does anyone here have access to old copies of Playboy Magazine or know someone who does? I vaguely remember reading an interview with DC in Playboy back in the early 80’s where he said some very disturbing things, specifically disturbing things about his very young daughters. I can’t remember exactly what he said but I think I remember that the author pretty much called Carradine a creepy freak because of some uh, inappropriate pictures that DC took of the kids and was proudly showing to him. Or maybe I’m thinking of someone else entirely. It was a long time ago.

I could not find it online but I did find out that the interview was published in the February 1981 issue.
  33. Anonymous Member

I know the begging for money thing seems crass but keep in mind it was reported that Carradine seemed to have recent money worries and we've no way of knowing who is paying for the body to be flown home. I've just got the bill for the recent funeral of a family member which totals at two thousand pounds and you could probably double or triple that for an LA job.

This last film will make money but unless Carradine was signed up for a percentage then the family will get nothing extra from it. I'm just saying be careful because it could backfire if it's portrayed that a poor, grieving widow, who didn't think she could afford a funeral, gets lambasted.
  34. Herro Member

Ok that's all well and good but when you start talking about how Carradine was a scientologist and all, people are going to say, "who cares?" Scientology has nothing to do with his death, so when you throw it out there it makes you look desperate, obsessed, and willing to exploit someone's death to further your own agenda- none of which is productive.

You know nothing of the "roots" of Chanology.

I'm not sure about cultic thinking, it's a common human reaction to information that upsets one's established world view. It's far easier, as you note, to simply label the source of information as devious and dangerous than it is to examine the information rationally and assimilate it into your worldview.
  35. whoever Member

Oh, who??? You can tell me.
  36. Haruhi Member

Lean in real close, cause it's a secret.
  37. Re: David Carradine just dropped the body

Was he really found with a L. Ron Hubbard buttplug stuck up his ass?

1201423611491.gif
  38. whoever Member

Okaayyy...

[IMG]
  39. Haruhi Member

trannylesbians.jpg
  40. whoever Member

Even better!