Customize

David Gaiman has died.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

re: David Gaiman has died.

And nothing of value was lost.
  3. xenubarb Member

One less skilled and experienced enemy. I wonder what lucky 2gen Scilon pup with a Delphi skooling will succeed him?
  4. Anonymous Member

Good one less experienced and dangerous scilon to deal with. He was instrumental to making the fair game policy and the handling of protestors and the media which is still going on today. I wonder what 2nd generation Sci-looser have to take his place.
  5. Anonymous Member

Hard to care.
  6. FUCK Member

this.
  7. Anonymous Member

At least you could respect a dead person with proper spelling of his name... And if not him, then us.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. moonishgirl Member

fuck anyone who tries to turn an unrelated death to their advantage - culties and anon.s alike.

My condolences.
  9. Anonymous Member

Bit sad for Neil Gaiman. Children do not choose their parents, but just have to find a way to love them, warts and all.

/moralfag

Continue...
  10. Anonymous Member

Glad, but differently.

One less tie that binds Neil Gaiman in silence. While his loved ones remain alive and operating the CoS- it hard to imagine him ever confronting the monster directly, or speaking openly.

I want to hear what he has to say, in his own voice; if he can find it. I'm glad that he can now mourn the loss he must have felt long years past.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

Pity.
  13. Anonymous Member

David Gaiman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    sounds like a real piece of work this Gaiman.
  14. genoramix Member

one more celeb to add to the celeb recruiting thread. Neil Gaiman is strongly against the COS
  15. Anonymous Member

The list of unindicted co-conspirators in the "Snow White 11" case:

L. Ron Hubbard
    Brian Andrus
    Mary Rezonico
    Kendrick Moxon
    Arthur Maren
    Jimmy Mulligan
    Joe Lisa
    Don Alverzo
    Bruce Ullman
    Carla Moxon
    Martin Greenberg
    Mary Heldt
    Peggy Tyson
    Herbert Parkhouse
    David Gaiman
    Paul Klopper
    Lynn McNeil
    Bruce Raymond
    George Pilat
    Michael Taylor
    Michael Baum
    Herman Brendel
    Charles Parselle
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

He was declared in 83 but worked his way back into the church
    gave a lot of money for ideal orgs
  18. Scatman Member

A quote from Neil Gaiman's blog:
    "He was brilliant, charismatic, affable, funny (funnier than me) and, by and large, a wonderful father."

David may have been a "wonderful father" to Neil, but he was also the father of "Reporter TRs":
    Handling Reporters | Scientology Racism
    He was declared a SP in 1983 by the David Miscavige regime:
    Suppressive Person Declare on David Gaiman
    But, that was not enough of a wake-up call to him:
    David Gaiman - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project
  19. firebug Member

His daughters, Claire Edwards, is head of Scientology Missions International

i wonder what will become of any inheritance she is left
  20. firebug Member

East Grinstead Scientology Protest 31st of May 2008
    Anons talk to David Gaiman

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwH7ypEzOt8&feature=related]YouTube - East Grinstead Scientology Protest 31st of May 2008[/ame]
  21. Anonymous Member

Goodnight, sweet prince.
  22. Anonymous Member

Everybody's thinking it, so I'll say it.

What are the bets he died from something that proper, non-$ci medical treatment, could have treated?

Paging Jett Travolta, Jett Travolta to the Customer Service Desk, please...
  23. Anonymous Member

Rest In Peace.
  24. Anonymous Member

Aw fuck, I really like Neil's Gaiman's books. I had no idea his relatives were suckered in :c
  25. Akujiki Member

NEIL! YOU ARE FREE NOW! RUN MY SON RUN!! ALAN MOORE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! HE WILL GIVE YOU SHELTER!!
  26. Anonymous Member

According to Neil, heart attack while in a business meeting.

David was no peon (one of the top-ranked UK staff)- aside from psychiatric care (that he may not have ever needed) he probably had access to the best possible treatment for anything he felt like treating.

Could closer monitoring of his heart condition have prevented the attack? Or reduced its severity? Or might he have been resuscitated if anyone competent were able to help in time?

DG was old and wicked. Could have been "foul play" but I see no reason to expect it.
  27. the_cloak Member

Man these guys are dropping like flies. With most of the younger people blown, seems like mostly their version of the "old guard" left. With many of them dropping off, there must be serious brain drain going on inside. The way scientology is structured made this inevitable.
  28. Zak McKracken Member

He was BORN into the cult.
    Raised on pure LRH tech with his [strike]mother's milk[/strike] barley water.

With a slightly weaker mind (and the same batshit luminous imagination) he could easily have been a new Hubbard- translating Dianetics science for a new generation of avid readers.
  29. Anonymous Member

So who's going to run the Dead Pool, then?

I'll take Heber Jentzsch - 70-odd years old, and frequently in harm's way of the Tiny Tyrant. He can't have much longer to go...
  30. re: David Gaiman has died.

I'm just glad that he lived to see so many people turn against the CofS. He went to his grave powerless to stop the protests.
  31. re: David Gaiman has died.

Thats a really good way of describing them, but think about this. In terms of opposition, they're so pathetic now they're not even worth mentioning.
  32. Herro Member

You people crack me up. You spend so much time bitching about how fucked up and cold and callous scientologists are, and then you make a thread like this. There is less and less difference between this place and scientology every day.
  33. Anonymous Member

I disagree. SOMETHING of value was lost... just not of value to us. The Poodle just lost one of the best-positioned rooks on his chessboard. He still has John Travolta and TC on his board as queens, but enough about their sexuality.

Even given the fact that he was a complete and utter bastard who was personally responsible for a lot of evil in his life, the loss is still sad for Neil Gaiman, and it is for Neil Gaiman I offer condolences. As for David Gaiman himself, I hope he likes the temperature in Hell.
  34. Anonymous Member

7/10
  35. TypingChimp Member

I disagree. Still, a Nietzsche quote comes to mind: "Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." A much fairer criticism is that Chanology has become too much about srs biz, leading to some of what you're expressing. As for David Gaiman's death, I can't help wondering how Eliot Ness felt when he nailed Al Capone.

In closing, my name is Boxxy! Hai Addy! Oh, and cocks.

[IMG]
  36. mongrel Member

Anyone else feel like singing?

37. re: David Gaiman has died.

how many did he help brainwash?
  38. re: David Gaiman has died.

fuck him
  39. Anon-007 Member

Sorry, but we've already gone down this line about 6 months ago.

Even then, Heber was considered too much of a favorite to be the next to join El Con. Which is why we dropped the idea until after Heber has gone, and the running is a lot fairer.

Remember that Heber is one of the few remaining Senior Cultists - and he knows where all the bodies are (literally!) buried....
  40. Whanonstler Member

Sounds like he was a real peach of a homo novis. Can't say I am sorry he is worm food.