Customize

David Gaiman has died.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Buttons Member

Re: David Gaiman has died.

Paulette-

Thank you so much for adding to this thread with your personal experience.

It's very encouraging to realize that you are still monitoring this board. Thank you for taking the time.

If you've watched the KESQ news reports, I would love to know your opinion.
  2. muldrake Member

Me too.

"I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction." -- Clarence Darrow
  3. Buttons Member

Anyone reading this, please keep this thread bumped so that more Anons are aware that Paulette Cooper has responded.

Her story as well as Lisa McP's, are what initially compelled alot of Anons to become active.
  4. Anonymous Member

Bumping !
  5. Buttons Member

Thanks for bumping!
  6. Re: David Gaiman has died.

BTW the Russia protest thread (with awesome flares video) has proof linked in it that Neil Gaiman gave at least $250,000 to Scientology in 2004 and at least $40,000 in 2006.

So the bastard is still in, just keeping it real subtle.

I am SO UNHAPPY about this. I'll still buy his work but only second hand, and I'll never big it up in public again.

It makes NO SENSE. He is so in favour of free speech charities like the CBLDF and the ORG in the UK. I saw him speak to raise funds for ORG. Yet he supports the biggest free speech killer online?
  7. bananamous Member

Did Anonymous ever approach him? He was on Colbert Report recentlly and doesn't seem to mind Steven's recent mockery of Scientology. Maybe he is giving them money for charity, because he believes they actually help someone. Now with his dad gone, he could be more open minded.
  8. bananamous Member

I hope you outlive the entire cult Paulette!
  9. Re: David Gaiman has died.

That's a real shame.

I imagine it's because he was born into it and can't get out, especially with his family still in. They may also have dirt on him if he's been through auditing.

He's friends with Penn Jillette, who almost did a Bullshit! about Scientology, and Alan Moore, who praised the famous South Park episode and is responsible for the masks. Also, Terry Pratchett, who's made fun of LRH and Jonathan Coulton who wrote the song "Tom Cruise Crazy".

In all honestly I find it hard to believe he's a dedicated adherent, even if he has been badgered into donating.

Like you said, it doesn't make sense.
  10. pooks Member

To my knowledge Neil is not in the cult and hasn't been for some time, but like many who have loved ones still in, he's kept his mouth shut so as to not force disconnection.

Based on what Neil wrote, he must have loved his father, warts and all. That doesn't make him a Scio.
  11. Re: David Gaiman has died.

I found this on his blog, which seems to further suggest that for him, it's just about his family.

Also, regarding his relationship with his father.

12. Re: David Gaiman has died.

No, giving a quarter of a mill and still taking courses would be what makes him a Scieno.

I don't like it. I wish it weren't so.

But dox, if you have them, that he isn't. I'd really like to buy the Annotated Sandman #3 and #4, you know.
  13. Re: David Gaiman has died.

Where are the dox that said he was, again? Are we sure about them? It's likely wishful thinking but wouldn't surprise me if the church actually claimed he was more involved than he actually is, just to mooch off his rep.
  14. Re: David Gaiman has died.

Impact magazine, see below from a thread you posted in quite recently, did you not read the thread?

2004 and 2006. Bottom of quote.

15. Re: David Gaiman has died.

I hope David Gaiman did not sign a trillion year contract... nobody deserves that kind of hell.

Here is a bit more of the Gaiman family money trail.

Neil Gaiman funds Scientology to the tune of six figures. The Gaiman family USA are listed as "Patrons with Honor" and "Founding Patrons" of Scientology for 2003, 2004 & 2006. According to ex scientologist Jon Attack, Patrons (are) the highest ranking membership - of the International Association of Scientologists.

The Gaiman Family USA are "Patrons with Honors," meaning they have donated $100,000.00, and that's just Neil Gaiman. In 2006, the same year Neil Gaiman is listed as donating $100,00.00, his father and mother, David and Sheila Gaiman are listed as "Patrons Silver Meritorious" having donated almost £400,000 pounds or $750,000.00. They also donate through G & G Foods, the Gaiman family "vitamin" company, which no doubt sells the Purification rundown Vitamin's worldwide.

Go to The Truth About Scientology for the big picture, but here's a recap.

2003: THE GAIMAN FAMILY USA Impact magazine #105 Patrons ($100,000.00) You will find them listed in CAPS because they are Patrons with Honors ($100,000.00)

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/impact/impact105patrons.html

2004: Impact #109 G & G Foods Patrons ($40,000.00)

2004: THE GAIMAN FAMILY USA Impact Magazine #109 Founding Patrons ($100,000.00) [circa September 2004 ] :Founding Patrons are those who became Patrons by the IAS 20th Anniversary (October/November 2004).

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/impact/impact-109-patrons.html

The following list appears in Impact 114 [ circa September 2006 ] :

2006: Impact #114 G & G Food Supplies Patrons ($40,000.00)

2006: THE GAIMAN FAMILY USA Impact magazine #114 Patrons ($100,000.00) You will find them listed in CAPS because they are Patrons with Honors ($100,000.00)

2006: Impact magazine #114 DAVID & SHEILA GAIMAN Silver Meritorious ($750,000.00)

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/impact/impact-114-patrons.html

There seems to be a big surge of generosity in 2006, when Neil Gaiman's movie money came through.
  16. Re: David Gaiman has died.

The Lady in the Radiator is a Scientology troll sent to protect Neil Gaiman. I've seen her use THE SAME NAME on other comment boards with the same lame ass protests. Rule number one, don't use the same name.

She lists all the nice people Neil Gaiman knows like a good little publicist in that same simpering tone I've come to know so well on the blogs when the Scienos are in full damage control mode like when Jett Travolta DIED. No one is supposed to comment on the very large elephant in the room, that the kid was AUTISTIC, because it might upset the Travoltas.

A little kid is DEAD for Christ's sake!

Now it's poor, poor Neil Gaiman, giving six figures to Scientology so they won't be mean to him. WTF??? Grow the fuck up and get a backbone, Gaiman. If you are not a Scientologist then say so and take a stand, but you won't say a word because you are a Scientologist and you pay tribute to the CULT.

Neil Gaiman's silence is deafening.

The most convincing evidence to date about Neil Gaiman's Scientology involvement is the army of trolls out trying to whitewash any comment about his involvement with the cult. They also strip information off the web when possible.

Hey Lady in the Radiator, I think your man Gaiman has a few withholds he's keeping from you.
  17. pooks Member

No, that's not what that means.

Patrons = a one time donation of 50,000 dollars. If more money is given the Patron status is upgraded to Patrons with Honors which is a one time additional donation of $50,000 dollars for a total of 100,000 dollars.

If more money is given the Patron is upgraded in status to Patron Meritiorious which is a 250,000 dollar donation (in total).

If the Gaiman family donated $100,000 to be a Patron with Honor it was only once and not on a regular basis.
  18. TinyDancer Member

Live well, Paulette. The sweetest revenge. :)
  19. Re: David Gaiman has died.

Thanks for clearing that up, Pooks. Here are the listings I have.

PATRON
    Awarded to those who donate $40,000 US.

PATRON WITH HONORS
    Awarded to those who donate $100,000 US.

PATRON MERITORIOUS
    Awarded to those who donate $250,000 US.

SILVER MERITORIOUS
    Awarded to those who donate $750,000 US.

Are you saying that once Scientologists are listed as Patrons with Honors, the second listing is a repeat?
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

Dear Paulette,

Your story touched me long ago, and has not been forgotten.
    In my heart, with all I have, I would defend you to the very ends of the universe, we may cry at there, could laugh too, if I ever meet you in RL you'll get the biggest hugs ya evar knew!

:)

*HUG*

best I could do fer nao. :/
  21. Re: David Gaiman has died.

This made me lol. I don't remember posted anything about his links with Scientology on other boards, especially not under this name but link me to refresh my memory.

I'm a fan of Neil Gaiman, so I guess I am trying to make excuses for him a bit but I can't deny that he's funding them which is why I didn't reply after Ebeneezer_Goode posted the dox.

I still think his friendship with people who have criticised Scientology says something. At the very least, that he supports free speech (which is more than can be said for practically any other Scientologist).

But it is disheartening to see him still tangled up in the web, I hope he gets out and I'd LOVE to see him criticise the church. That would be legendary.
  22. whoever Member

I have no knowledge, myself, of whether Neil Gaiman is a Scilon. I hope he's not, since he's obviously got money to send their way and also has a big following, but otherwise I don't have any vested interest in the question. So I am just curious, not trying to defend him.

That said, could you explain why you believe "THE GAIMAN FAMILY" necessarily means Neil? You say "The Gaiman Family USA is Neil Gaiman's family" and refer to donations credited to The Gaiman Family as if it is 100% certain, no question, that those donations were made by Neil. How do you know that? Even though you said "See the ugliness for yourself," I haven't seen where it was made clear why The Gaiman Family = Neil Gaiman. (Oh wait--are there no others in the USA? Gotta admit, I am not that familiar with his family, just know about about his parents.)
  23. krampus Member

[/QUOTE] Lady in the Radiator writes... In all honestly I find it hard to believe he's a dedicated adherent, even if he has been badgered into donating. [/QUOTE]

Goodness sakes, that must be it. The poor man didn't really want to give all that money, he was simply nagged into doing it. By Whom? What sort of principled person could be nagged, cajoled or "badgered" into donating thousands of dollars to such a treacherous, bullying, quasi-religious organization?

Perhaps it was attractive as a tax deduction -- but so is the American Red Cross, and they do a little more good, don't you think? You ARE who you SUPPORT--there's no way to minimize that fact. Whether he's a whole-hearted supporter or just a half-assed one, it's still inexcusable.

This is a classic example of the Good German argument-- "I didn't LIKE the Nazi Party, but what could I do? My wife would kvetch all day long unless I went to the meetings."

Give me a break.
  24. Re: David Gaiman has died.

Calm down, Krampus. Okay? I retracted the statement.
  25. Whanonstler Member

I am pretty sure people who used the word "kvetch" were the last folks allowed into the Nazi Part. XD

And Neil is on my personal boycott list. No money for you closet-scifag.
  26. krampus Member

Mary Gaiman has attended several events at the Los Angeles Celebrity Center; a perk for the GENEROUS contributions made by the Gaimans over the past decade. Since she doesn't work, it's pretty clear that Neil's money earned the invites. Know for a fact it wasn't some other Gaimans being feted at the Celebrity Center. The nobody's get fetted at the local Arby's. Neil Gaiman is definitely the US family in question.
  27. krampus Member

Sorry.... I'll try to keep it light :)
  28. Mutante Member

I have no idea who Damien Gavel was.

Paulette Cooper seems to be ahead on points <3
  29. krampus Member

true true i should have said gescholtenen mich ...
  30. whoever Member

Ah okay, thx for the explanation.
  31. Re: David Gaiman has died.

I can see why you would question this if you don't know "The Gaiman Family." To really comprehend what those stats mean you need to know the 44 year history of one of Scientology’s Royal families. So here's the 15 minute version...

Neil Gaiman was Executive Director (ED) of Scientology’s Birmingham Org and according to ex scientologists, an OTV (Operating Thetan level V). Former Scientologist David Mayo, (auditor of L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology’s founder) stated that Neil “was a case supervisor at the Guardian Office (G.O.) He was an OT 5. Although supposedly declared “suppressive” in 1983, FIVE YEARS AFTER THE DECLARE, he appears prominently on the graduate lists of Scientology’s magazine in The Auditor Worldwide (Auditor #202 (copyright 1986), completing three courses: the Hubbard Senior Sec Checker Course #222 (1988), the 21 Dept Org Board Course #227 (1988) and 
the Hubbard Basic Art Course).

Neil Gaiman’s father was David Gaiman (OT 8), Deputy Guardian for Public Relations World Wide and Minister of Public Affairs for the Churches of Scientology Worldwide and public spokesman for Guardian Office before David Miscavige wrested power away from that office in a coup d'état. Sheila Gaiman (OT8) is an extremely militant Scientologist with her own web site and a daunting list of completions. Neil’s sister Claire Edwards is an Executive in Scientology Missions International, the arm of Scientology involved in recruiting, she is VERY high up in the CULT and by all accounts, quite the zealot. His other sister Lizzie Calcione “runs a Scientology practice in East Grinstead , that is a mixture of auditing and WISE delivery.”

So David Gaiman's passing was a BIG DEAL which is why this thread exists.

The assessment of relevance or irrelevance of evidence requires judgments about probabilities or uncertainties. This is made more difficult by Scientology’s Fair Game Tactics which force opponents to maintain anonymity. There are many witnesses to Neil Gaiman’s involvement, Scientologists such as Mark Pope have publicly stated that “Neil is a long time Scientologist," but many people who know of his involvement do not want to be FAIR GAMED so they can only leave anonymous testimony. The Scientologists openly discuss his services at FLAG on their blogs and he is known to travel with his family on group "Holidays" and "Cruises" to some of Scientology's favored ports.

The definitive evidence that Neil Gaiman funds Scientology is in the series of listings in Scientology’s own Impact Magazines. I have not finished analyzing them yet, but here is a link:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=119104

Other celebs such as Kirstie Alley are also listed. ( Scientologists are weirdly inconsistent about their status, often hiding it. When The Star outed Tom Cruise, the reporter was attacked by Scientology and the source was declared suppressive and Fair Gamed. Check Tom Cruise's "completions." He is an OT8 and an Auditor, but his completions are hidden. Beck was also outed unwillingly.)

The Gaiman Family, G & G Foods (David Gaiman’s Company which Neil Gaiman is more than likely involved with to some extent or has now inherited) are repeatedly listed as Patrons of Scientology. In the latest lists, which span decades, The Gaiman Family are listed as “Founding Patrons” and “Patrons with Honors” in 2004 and 2006 which may reflect the fact that his children are Scientologists as well as his wife. According to Impact Magazine 60 “This status (Founding Patron) acknowledges these members as the elite who made a lifetime commitment to the association.”

These elite listings by Scientologists are not light things; they cost a tremendous amount of money, effort and commitment to the organization. Maybe you ought to peruse the price list and get an idea of how much money these guys spend to realize that they don’t just suddenly appear on these lists. These awards are accumulated through years of devotion to the cause. Ask Pooks for more info.

http://www.sweenytod.com/cos/pricelist.html

Mary Gaiman, Neil’s wife has also been listed in Scientology’s Impact Magazine year after year. Since her source of income is Neil Gaiman, he would fund all contributions made in her name.

For example, Mary Gaiman is listed in 2002 as both an OT V and a Patron with Honors ($100,000.00) and Neil’s mother Sheila Gaiman as a Patron Meritorious ($250,000.00). Again, asks Pooks how this accumulative thing works. So Neil Gaiman has been funding Scientology for quite some time.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/advance-uk/advance-uk159.html

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/advance-uk/advance-uk160.html

http://www.scientology-kills.org/ias_2002.htm

Even further back, Mary Gaiman is listed again in 1995 PATRONS (Impact 69)

Scientology Statistics - Impact 69 Patrons

These listings are consistent over time. “The Gaiman Family USA" is clearly Neil Gaiman. His father and mother are listed separately as is G & G Foods or as David and Sheila Gaiman. Neil Gaiman’s sisters go by their married names, Edwards and Calcione.

This is a very secretive organization and you need to use common sense to analyze these statistics. When you research the history of The Gaiman Family members, it becomes obvious that this Royal Family of Scientology have risen through the ranks or been deeply involved in the CULT for 44 fucking years and have contributed at least a million dollars.

Scientologists must be in good standing or they are disconnected or shunned by family members, so Neil's close association with family members is evidence he is in good standing with Scientology.

I want to leave you with a word I really think you need to understand if you want to survive this fight against the Scienborgs, because...

They will fuck with you.
    They will send Trolls.
    They will mind fuck you.
    They will gaslight you.
    They are taught to lie and to be sociopathic.

SO PLEASE DO NOT BE...

na·ive

1.extremely simple and trusting: having or showing an excessively simple and trusting view of the world and human nature, often as a result of youth and inexperience

2. not shrewd or sophisticated: showing a lack of sophistication and subtlety or of critical judgment and analysis, a politically naive statement

3. artless: admirably straightforward and uncomplicated or refreshingly innocent and unaffected

Having said all that, I salute the Ex-Scientologists who had the strength of will to break away from the CULT. My respect for you guys grows deeper every day.
  32. pooks Member

Yes. These are cumulative lists. Up until a year or two ago, the Impact Magazines would list all the patrons each and every month. If you donated $40,000 in 1990 you would be listed as a Patron in every issue from that date on. It did not mean you donated 40 grand each issue, instead, it was a one shot donation. The only time this would change is when you upgraded your status. If at first, you were just a lowly Patron with a 40 grand dono, (now it's 50 grand to be a Patron) and they squeezed more money out of you until you donated a total of 100 grand, then you would be upgraded in status to Patron with Honors.

Below is an Dec 2006 IAS Membership Brochure. The amount of money for some of the rankings changed. For example, a Patron used to be $40,000, it's now $ 50,000, and a yearly membership changed from $300.00 to $450.00.

Here's the current dono/status memberships for the IAS with pins, plaques, statues, bells and whistles. The statues are ornate and tacky as per standard tech.

Lifetime membership $3,000 (used to be $2,000)

Lifetime memberships are not listed in the Impact Mag

Sponsor: $5,000

Crusader: $10,000

Honor Roll: $20,000 or &quot;Helping 20 people become member of the IAS&quot;

Sponsors, Crusaders and Honor Roll are only listed once in the IAS Mags.

Senior Honor Roll: &quot;Helping 100 or more people become member of the
    IAS contributing to IAS expansion in some stellar fashion&quot;-- no money amount.

Patron: $50,000
    Patron with Honors: $100,000
    Patron Meritorious: $250,000
    Silver Meritorious: $500,000 (was $750,000 prior to February 2005)
    Gold Meritorious: $1,000,000
    Platinum Meritorious: $2,500,000
    Diamond Meritorious: $5,000,000
    Patron Laureate: $10,000,000

[COLOR=&quot;Red&quot;]To enlarge, click on the picture, then click on the + symbol[/COLOR]

DOX

3397956073_3abee61b45_o.jpg

3397956147_4ebcd8888d_o.jpg

3398765990_09390b362d_o.jpg

3398766070_2bba153d45_o.jpg

3397956373_b37831cfc2_o.jpg

3397956451_8a810e1b58_o.jpg

3398766296_9fe5d8889f_o.jpg

3398765774_6f2c7eae71_o.jpg

I've posted those Impact lists for many years and I think I fucked up my eyesight trying to read that Nazi font they use. (Nazi font = blurry and tiny)

About 1.5 years ago, I noticed they stopped posting the complete Patrons lists, and now only list the Patrons that were most recently bilked out of their money.

HTH, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the lists.
  33. Anonymous Member

So with that in mind, is the question actually 'when did the amount of money credited to the American Gaimans last increment'?

Not that it matters... I'm resigned at this point, Gaiman is either a scientologist or has mistaken himself for Neville Chamberlain, and he doesn't really have the eyebrows to carry off that impersonation.
  34. Lorelei Member

I think it is sad that David Gaiman died while still neck deep in the cult. That's the real tragedy, that he died while still holding out hope for power over MEST and freedom from invisible angry dead alien space ghost cooties.

Like some others, I was surprised and dismayed to hear about Neil Gaiman's past (and probable present) ties to Scientology. I admit I have the urge to deny it because I admire his work, but, honestly, we probably can't know for sure right now.

Even though his dad was a powerful figure in a powerful cult, Neil no doubt still loved him. Almost all of us love our parents, despite their flaws, and even if we don't LIKE them all the time. So, I'm sympathetic for Neil's loss.

However, I am NOT sorry that someone who did bad things and was neck deep in the cult is no longer around to help them any more. I would never wish anyone harm, nor rejoice in their demise, but, yeah, can't feel TOO bad, not given the various nefarious activities David Gaiman is connected to. He did bad things. He no longer will have the opportunity to redeem himself, to recover from the delusions and brainwashing, to make up for any neglect or cruelty shown to his family or enemies of his cult, to help authorities bring bad people to justice (not that it is LIKELY he would, but now the possibility is nil) OR to do any MORE bad things that will help the cult.

I'm also glad to see Paulette Cooper posting. Outlive them all, Paulette!
  35. muldrake Member

I was of the opinion until fairly recently that Neil was no longer a Scientologist. This is pretty convincing, though. While I'd still like to see absolute proof, it's pretty hard to imagine any other conclusion from these data other than that he is, and a generous donor.
  36. whoever Member

I really had no idea, myself, aside from seeing many people adamantly insisting Neil could not possibly be a Scilon. But then, I remember seeing many people adamantly insisting Beck couldn't be one, either.

I didn't know anything about his wife. It seems obvious that she is solidly in. If they are still together (I haven't heard anyone say they're not), it's hard for me to believe he is not in, too.
  37. Anonymous Member

For a long time, I thought (hoped?) that Neil wasn't in, but was rather 'being handled' into not speaking out.

But money talks, and I'm being forced to side with the available dox.

Fucking cult-sponsor. I hope he comes face to face with some RPF victims one of theese days.
  38. Re: David Gaiman has died.

POOKS! This is an EPIC post! Very fucking helpful. Thanks. This is what I'm talking about, people! Top notch Intelligence.

What's your theory about the inconsistency of the lists? Specifically the way the Scienos hide celebrities until they are outed.

Some celebrities like Kirstie Alley are repeatedly listed, but some of the biggest celebrities are not listed like Tom Cruise whose completions are non-existent.

They must use pseudonyms, since they like to document every nose hair (then Tommy Boy and the asthmatic dwarf giggle and hold hands and point to their fake names).

Why did things suddenly change in Impact 114? Tom Cruise is listed as Diamond Meritorious under his stage name when they had avoided it for so long?

Impact 114: Members with Honor Status

Same Issue as David Gaiman & Sheila Gaiman making it to Silver Meritorious and The Gaiman Family are at Honor Status.

Impact 114: Patrons

Have you noticed that the Scienos go through cycles of advance and retreat? Hiding members and then pushing them to be more public? Or do individual members hide their own status until something goes wrong and they're outed? They downplayed Cruise for a long time and they still hide his completions.

I am curious about your take on this? Also...

Do you think they stopped listing because there are too many suckers?
  39. timthephoto Member

yeah Mr Gaiman Sr was involved in a fair game incident where a freind of mine got the sack last year.

i'm GLAD HE'S DEAD it's a shame it was so quick.

and yes he had a business nr scn HQ selling vitamins
  40. Anonymous Member

Are you able to share?

Because, more and more, I'm liking the idea of going to a con where Neil's a guest, and trolling him with his dad's crimes...