Customize

David Love Files Lawsuits against Narconon Scientology

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Intelligence - David Love, May 17, 2014.

1. Intelligence Member

Yes, I agree - GOOD JOB, Judge. I think he saw through the smoke and mirrors.

Reviewing the documents, it appears when I withdrew the NN Inc. defendant, the Court Clerk may have thought it
    was NN TR, and/or I signed the document without taking care to read it all or have the clerk interpret the French?

The Judge decided it was a valid mistake, that's all that matters.

If the court doesn't publish the 14 page decision this week, I'll have it scanned and post it here in a 14 page PDF document.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Intelligence Member

Doing research on my New Book and came across this:

Here's something interesting about Drew Chopty, an ex-staff member at NN TR - now an Intake Councillor for Sea Ridge Drug Rehab in Nova Scotia with a Sister company, Sobriety Drug Rehab in Quebec.

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Drew-Chopty/-1807242364

http://www.searidgedrugrehab.com/about-us.php

http://www.sobriety.ca/

In my opinion, these are suspicious to me because some of the terms they use on their websites that mirror a Narconon program. Such as: 'High Success Rate' ~ 'Mindfulness Meditation' ~ 'Interpersonal Communication' ~ 'Move towards or Away from an Image' < this one appears the same as the 'Reach and Withdraw' drill at NN.

The only Name of a person listed on one of these websites is: Catherine Cosgrove

A search of her name (or someone with the same name) leads to this website with a list of Testimonials (Success Stories):

http://soberrecovery.ca/individual-therapy-catherine.asp

Although the website does mention 'On Site Nurses' - I can't find any doctors and/or names of professionals?

The Sea Ridge website states on their 'Research and Development page:

http://www.searidgedrugrehab.com/research-development.php

I'm not saying these drug rehabs are related to Narconon or the COS, but to me, something doesn't appear legit? However, because these rehabs appear to use Methadone and Psych therapies, I doubt it would be a COS related entity?

In Canada, the drug rehab business is a billion dollar industry, and in BC, so-called 'Recovery Homes' are popping up like never before. No licensing is required because the term: 'Drug Rehab TREATMENT' is removed.

The Sea Ridge drug rehab mentioned above reminds me of Narconon Trois-Rivieres - kind of like a cheap or rundown army barracks... or a cheap motel?:

Just MY opinions of course. :rolleyes:

24g3wg2.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

I did this search:

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=BC "recovery home"

This was published today:

No One Knows How Many People Are Dying in BC Recovery Homes | VICE

During the deadliest year of the opioid crisis, VICE investigated dangerous conditions in places meant to help people get clean.

Excerpt:

We have no idea how many people are dying in situations like these. In a year where nearly 1,000 British Columbians died of drug overdoses, BC's coroner was not tracking how many of those deaths were happening in recovery homes, which has one critic calling for urgent action.

VICE first reached out to the BC Coroner about overdoses in recovery homes in June 2016. At the time, a representative of the coroner said information on recovery deaths was not yet readily available due to the broad and contested definition of "recovery home." "Our coroners have called them a variety of titles, often based on what they name themselves," reads a spokesperson email. Some examples: "supportive housing, recovery home, treatment home."

To qualify as a legal recovery home, operators must provide housing, food, emergency response, and at least one prescribed service like counselling. Anyone with an available home can apply online, and after an interview, background check, and fire inspection, operators can start housing drug users. The process can take months or even a year.

Registered operators of the homes can collect $30 per person per day from the government—an incentive to put a roof over the heads of hard-to-house people. Though residents and workers in the industry say there are plenty of organizations doing life-saving work in this field, the industry has not been able to shake the proliferation of "flophouse" operators that take advantage of people trying to go sober.

Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives researcher Andrew Longhurst told VICE even registered spaces are held to few standards compared to treatment facilities. Through his graduate research at Simon Fraser University, Longhurst found operators are not legally required to provide a minimum amount of programming, staff, or supervision, and inspections have historically been few and far between.

With little regulation or oversight comes a dangerous dark side. VICE spoke to current and former residents of legal and illegal recovery homes in Vancouver, New West, and Surrey. Even those with positive things to say had first-hand experience with death in recovery.

More at https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/no-one-knows-how-many-people-are-dying-in-bc-recovery-homes
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Intelligence Member

I'm sitting beside someone right now who was in a recovery home in Surrey, BC. Indeed the rate is $30 per diem, per person. There is 10 people living at this one house that brings it about $10,000.00 per month. The owner has three of these cash cows.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TorontosRoot Member

Yikes
    !
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Quentinanon Member

That's an old motel re-purposed.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. peterstorm Member

The judgement:

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeathHamster Member

Seems like.
    Code:
    https://www.standleague.org/news/david-love-loses-court-case-must-pay-costs.html#
    Note that the site is signed with a SSL Server Certificate for www.scientology.org and other sites.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. TorontosRoot Member

Yup, their S.T.A.N.D. Front group.
  10. DeathHamster Member

But this time they put their fingerprint on it.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Intelligence Member

I/We still have not decided about whether a lawsuit will be filed against Narconon Trois-Rivieres. I suspect, as NN TR did inform the Quebec Human Rights Commission, that if a lawsuit was filed against NN TR, they would file for bankruptcy. If they carried though with this option, as a Party to the Proceedings, I would file a Claim of Access to Files in the hands of the Bankruptcy Trustee. Could be interesting data?

If I file a lawsuit against NN TR within my 90 day Reserved Right, ordered by the Court, it would be a simple matter. Many of the documents and exhibits are already in order. This can be done online, or I would have a Montreal Lawyer file and prepare the case.

________________________________________________________________________________

On another matter I've been digging into for my next book chapter, Narconon, Baldwin Research, Saint Jude Retreat House, and Steven Slate are being reviewed.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/baldwin-research-institute-a-scientology-fraud.29387/#post-1355531

Although Slate has published critical data about Narconon, Baldwin appears to promote and believe Narconon's success rate is valid.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/baldwin-research-institute-a-scientology-fraud.29387/#post-1355744

Slate states he is a former employee of Baldwin.

September 6, 2016: Slate scheduled to give a talk at Saint Jude Retreat. (A division of the Baldwin Research Institute, Inc. From the founders of the residential Saint Jude Program offered at the Saint Jude Retreats).

I don't believe any of the aforementioned entities/persons are directly connected to Narconon or Scientology. Baldwin appears to market/promote nonsense high success rates.

A few of my book chapters deal with scam drug rehab centers, not just NN, but many more that seem to prey on the vulnerable. Other chapters examine science-based treatment centers in an attempt to give addicts options, and perhaps help them avoid the pitfalls of unscrupulous, money-grabbing scammers that hurt more than help.

I have the dox that prove NN TR's actual success rate, and I have the research statements from Baldwin promoting theirs. When questioning Slate, Baldwin, and Saint Jude's methods and success, I have hit similar resistance and spin-doctoring that Narconon spews. These 'subjects' are in extreme attack mode when questioned and their theories challenged.

In fact, just like Scientology/Narconon, Steven Slate, who was an alcoholic and drug addict for many years, believes and promotes that moderate alcohol consumption is just fine - and he stated he now drinks again. He is adamant that treatment centers cause more harm than good, and that addiction is a Choice, not a disease or compelling mental disorder.

David Love says:

Hi Steven,
    Interesting article. Would you kindly answer these questions?

http://www.thecleanslate.org/myths/addiction-is-not-a-brain-disease-it-is-a-choice/

Scary stuff! :(

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Since this thread has the most-recent mentions of Vancouver, I'll share an article here that CBC News published today:

Scientology linked anti-psychiatry exhibit in Downtown Eastside concerns mental health workers

Exhibit titled Psychiatry: Industry of Death tries to discredit science behind mental illness

Quote:

Vancouver's Corin Heinrichs was walking home from work when she saw a startling portrait of a young girl who had committed suicide.

The image declared her death was caused by anti-depressants.

The portrait is one of many on display at a travelling exhibit called Psychiatry: An Industry of Death. It recently opened in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside and has direct ties to the Church of Scientology — a controversial religion that actively discredits the science behind psychiatry.

"It made me really angry," said Heinrichs, who has struggled with anxiety. "My family has a history of mental illness ... and it seemed like [organizers] were using scare tactics to keep people from getting help."

Heinrichs isn't the only person unnerved by the anti-psychiatric display. Many mental health workers fear the exhibit could negatively sway vulnerable people living through B.C.'s deadly opioid crisis from seeking help.

A self-proclaimed 'watchdog'

The exhibit, lined with archaic images of torture chambers and the Holocaust, was organized by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights — a self-proclaimed mental health watchdog co-founded by the Church of Scientology and psychiatrist Thomas Szasz in the 1960s.

The group's national coordinator, Angela Ilasi, says they're advocating against the use of mental health medications. The CCHR alleges that psychiatrists often wrongly diagnose people with mental illnesses and that medications do more harm than good.

"No scientists knows the correct balance of chemicals in any person's brain," Ilasi said.

Now, the group is spreading its message inside Vancouver's most vulnerable neighbourhood.

"We've had almost 1,700 people come through our doors in the last two weeks, and many of them are from the Downtown Eastside," said Ilasi. "They very much appreciate this because they are struggling."

"Instead of being helped when they went to the mental health industry ... they were instead given more drugs, given more labels," she added.

Deadly consequences

Local mental health workers fear the message could be disastrous for people battling addiction in the Downtown Eastside — a community that's been devastated by the province's deadly opioid crisis.

"It could arguably be construed as irresponsible to frame psychiatrists as a non-resource for people experiencing difficulty with mental illness and/or addiction," said Jonny Morris, senior research director at B.C.'s Canadian Mental Health Association. "They are a critical resource."

Morris says symptoms of mental illnesses including depression, schizophrenia and addiction are very real and often devastating and that psychiatric treatment — including medication and/or therapy — can alleviate those symptoms dramatically.

He says the images on display at the exhibit are dated and misleading.

"What people are walking past down [West] Pender is a very thin snapshot [of psychiatry] with images that are probably likely to create a lot of fear."

"I would worry that people might not seek help because of what they see."

Continued at http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...dtes-concerns-mental-health-workers-1.4101677
    • Like Like x 3
  13. TorontosRoot Member

Vancouver scientology critics, if any, should be on high alert to protest against this TOXIC front group.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Quentinanon Member

One place they could start would be to create a traveling exhibit entitled Scientology: An Industry of Death
    and take it to street fairs, schools and universities.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TorontosRoot Member

Not a bad idea for a city-wide traveling protest... ;)
  16. Intelligence Member

I was down there a couple days ago and it's gone.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. TorontosRoot Member

Ha! I remember they were touring toronto, and only a few people went in, there was mostly scientologists as far as a few Ex-sci's could recognise.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Intelligence Member

Today: A DEMAND LETTER to Defendant - followed by a new Lawsuit has been sent and filed with the Montreal Court Civil Division.

RE:
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/da...conon-scientology.118483/page-37#post-2605869

In Reference To:
    Will await response from Defendant and Court before starting a new Thread with Court File number and documents.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Intelligence Member

Circled in yellow is the binder full of documents that NN TR's lawyer compiled and Defendants submitted to the Court as their argument for dismissal. About 600 or more pages! No wonder it took the Judge months to hand down his decision.

v2r0d3.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  20. TorontosRoot Member

All of it is just outright lies. Poor judge must have had blurry vision and a headache after reading it.
  21. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 5