Customize

David Minkoff selling "oxygenated" water

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Martin Ottmann, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Surfing the Internet for Scientology media, I found various websites belonging to David Minkoff.

His twitter account:

https://twitter.com/drminkoff

His website:

http://www.drminkoff.com/

An online-store called "Bodyhealth"

http://bodyhealth.com/

This is apparently another vehicle through which he is selling food supplements and minerals and as of now the so-called "Kaqun water" or "oxygenated water": link

And then there is a short video where Minkoff explains the "scientific facts" behind this hogwash:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Another water scam lol, surprized 'Dr.' Minkoff can even keep a straight face with this bunch of bullocks. I remember reading some things about this years ago, and it was thoroughly de-bunked and there is lots of input from the scientific community, real doctors etc. etc.
    A quick little read for those who aren't familiar with the claims~ http://www.culinaryarts360.com/index.php/oxygenated-water-20499/ by Daniel Michalak II
    The old saying 'If it seems too good to be true...' and ' A sucker born every minute..' , yeah.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

FFS, Og! He a freaking scientologist!

Ergo, a highly skilled scammer! Straight face is Confront 101 or whatever the fuck the TR # is.

Check out the 39 cult completions - 1989-2011:

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/david-minkoff.html
    The surprise for me was learning that Panos Pappas, a math professor from Athens, Greece and the mook behind this travesty isn't a freaking scientologist!

I reckon Minkoff isn't (yet) quite stupid enough to wander into the territory where the scamming can mangle and kill like that EMF catastrophe.

Which is way too bad. It could get lulzy as fuck if Minkoff started messing around with electricity and electromagnetic fields and come up with entheta zappers, or something.

With all that highly oxygenated water all over the place, it might even top the Moxon family electrocution for lulz!

Time for David Minkoff to get real down and dirty stupid.

It's time to Do The Basics Again, David! Do them again and The Kingdom Of Stupid Will Be Yours Forever!

TV ad zapper@0.jpg

Weasels_Ripped_My_Flesh@0.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  5. DeathHamster Member

Re-read the article.
    Minkoff didn't properly report the deaths, there's a shocker! Did he rush over and give them antibiotics like Lisa McPherson? That's about as useful as offering someone with no pulse a cup a tea...
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

Yikes! Thank you for the nudge to give that article a thorough reading.

Initially, my squeamishness put me off reading about human suffering and death at the hands of "medical practitioners."

So, with a suspended license, Minkoff is now promoting a 'water' scam and the 'detox' scam. Priceless.

With all this shit going down in a city named "clearwater," there is a rust-proof irony going for it.

I am also surprised that Charles "Chuck" Wallach can't be found in cult completions anywhere.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Quentinanon Member

That "oxygenated water" scam has been bouncing around with scientology dupes for the last 30 or so years. I remember one scilon buying hydrogen peroxide in cases and rebottling it as oxygenated water. David Minkoff is a quack and a scammer who fits right into the lunatic strata that makes up the bulk of scientology.
  8. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I'm pretty sure oxygen is supposed to wind up in your lungs, not your stomach. When I lived in Clearwater in 2000-2001 there was a company there that sold oxygenated water. Can't remember the name of it but I think it was scientologist-related then too. They had a really stupid slogan too, like "because you need oxygen."
    • Like Like x 1
  9. moxie Member

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ogsonofgroo Member

Holy crap that site is hard on your eyes, but yeah, pretty much gets to the guts.
    So strange that scientologists are attracted to a variety of bogus scams, I mean really, being so ethical an' all :rolleyes: But truly, they seem to lie so easily, its like, um, living Hubbard's dream in some vacuous vulgarity.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. afternon Member

Not only does "oxygenated water" simply make you belch, the oxygen in the water escapes as soon as the water reaches room temperature, but that oxygenated snake oil- that's awesome!
  12. Not necessarily, although gases dissolved in water tend to evaporate to a certain degree. It mainly depends on the room temperature and air pressure and on the nature of the gas. Different gases have different solubility in water.

2650.png
  13. yeah ... just 1/3 LOL
  14. Ogsonofgroo Member

By weight, dimension, or just molecule count? Yeh so water can hold some extra oxygen.
  15. The Internet Member

16. The Wrong Guy Member

Andrik Schapers Raising Money To Treat Cancer With Oxygenated Water | Sec Check

Andrik Schapers is a Freedom Medal winner, and frequent speaker at orgs to raise money for the International Association of Scientologists (IAS). He developed cancer in 2009 and has been receiving medical treatment, but is now seeking an alternative therapy called Kaqun water. The procedure calls for bathing in oxygenated water, and costs $85,000. There is a Gofundme page to raise the funds for this procedure, and in the first three days he has raised over $1,000 towards the goal.

Continued here:
    https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2015...ing-money-treat-cancer-with-oxygenated-water/

Keep His Voice For Freedom Ringing! by Cristina Roveyaz | GoFundMe

http://www.gofundme.com/u86ebu4

Andrik Schapers - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/a/andrik-schapers.html
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Quentinanon Member

What? An OT 8 getting cancer? He should do the L. Ron Hubbard treatment, take niacin and smoke more.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. DeathHamster Member

Nonsense! All he has to do it spray his cancer with vinegar!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Ogsonofgroo Member

85k to bathe in 'oxygenated water'? Oh my, what a bargain! Not.
    Another fine example of soul-less con-artists preying on the sick and gullible imho, fuckity-fuck.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

Death Walks In.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Screenshot-264.png

IAS – Hang Your Heads In Shame | Mike Rinder

This is a Go Fund Me page asking for money to treat Andrik Schapers' cancer.

Andrik Schapers was one of the FIRST IAS Freedom Medal Winners. He was at every “crusade” that was ever held anywhere. The IAS used him as a poster child. Marching in his goofy boots, singing songs — he was long the most visible “IAS Crusader” all over the world. And what has that earned him — having to beg the general public for help.

For an organization that loudly proclaims its humanitarian good works, how can they allow something like this to happen?

Of course, anything formed by a sociopath like David Miscavige is bound to emulate its creator and manifest no conscience, remorse or feeling of responsibility for the well being of another.

Though there is a tremendous amount they should be ashamed of, this situation perhaps illustrates the point better than anything.

I am not passing judgment on Andrik’s actions on behalf of the IAS (he seemed to be more cheerleader than vampire), nor on how he may or may not have treated his cancer or whether trying to collect $85,000 for some sort of novel treatment is throwing money at a quack.

I am commenting on the undisputed fact that a poster child of the IAS for decades now feels alone and incapable of dealing with the situation he finds himself in without resorting to begging for assistance on the internet. To me this says everything about the organization that he was such a prominent part of for so many years.

Continued here:
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/ias-hang-your-heads-in-shame/
    • Like Like x 2
  22. DeathHamster Member

That's unfair! The IAS will be there for Andrik Schapers — trying to reg a big slice of the Go Fund Me money.

“What’s more important, a year or two with cancer or the rest of your Eternity?”
    • Like Like x 3
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Andrik Schapers – Update With A Photo Of Kagun Water Bath | Sec Check

[IMG]

We previously reported on the Gofundme page to raise money for IAS fundraiser Andrik Schapers cancer treatments. He will be taking baths in oxygenated water known as Kagun water. Above is a photo of a Kagun water bath. Cristina Roveyaz, Schapers’ wife, describes the theory behind the treatment, and an update on travel from Budapest to Bergen, Norway, where the baths will be taken. The donations page has raised $24,820 so far out of a goal of $85,000.

Continued here:
    https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/andrik-schapers-update-with-a-photo-of-kagun-water-bath/
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Andrik Schapers Update | Sec Check

Scientologist Andrik Schapers has raised $34,306 so far of his $85,000 goal to treat his cancer with baths in hyper-oxygenated “Kaqun” water. He will not be traveling to Norway as we previously reported, but will continue treatment in Hungary.

He and his wife Christina posted a video from 1991 when Andrik held concerts to oppose the leaders of Serbia during the Croatian War of Independence.

Continued here:
    https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/andrik-schapers-update/
    • Like Like x 1
  25. anon8109 Member

At least the criminals that sell this quack treatment will enjoy the money. $85 thousand buys a lot of champagne and caviar.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. I am sad to say, my friend who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, has chosen the Kaqun treatment for her cancer. She is convinced that traditional american medicine is just in bed with big pharma and that chemo only hurts the person. Her hope is to shrink the tumor via the Kaqun method, together with the 'starve the tumor from sugar' treatment by eating only vegan and sugar free foods.

I can only hope that there can possibly be a shred of truth to this treatment, as I don't want to go on a dying trip with her. She's a young, healthy 50 year old with a special needs teenager.
  27. tippytoe Member

I was browsing through Netflix and came across a documentary named “Root Cause” about the director, Fraser Bailey’s journey to discover the cause of his medical and emotional ailments and finding that the “root cause” was a root canal on a tooth years ago. And who appears at the beginning and throughout? Quack Dr. David Minkoff of the Lisa McPherson tragedy. Bogus claims in this piece of trash flick are that
    “97% of patients with breast cancer had a root canal on the same side as the cancer“ and that “The #1 cause of heart attack is root canal treated teeth.”

From one review: Root canal teeth, note the experts in the film, have been associated with cancer, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, chronic fatigue, and other chronic health conditions. They share stories of their own patients, such as a college student who developed kidney and bladder infections after root canal treatment and a woman whose severe, chronic back pain went away after her doctor numbed the nerve leading from a root canal tooth.

I posted a review on Amazon (where it has 3 out of 5 stars) alerting that this guy is a total quack Scientologist so don’t believe the hoo ha.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1