Customize

David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by LarryBren, Nov 25, 2009.

1. anon4eva Member

Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

Pooned this link to TMZ,celbitchy, perezhiton,popeater,popsugar..etc--WHEN ARE THESE GOSSIP SITES GONNA run the story?! WTF?
    "Best man at Tom Cruise's wedding to Katie Holmes, has been sued for human trafficking"--I want to see this shit on CNN!
  2. Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

Anyone can file a lawsuit. Perhaps those gossip sites don't think this is interesting enough yet? Also remember that they do not obsessively monitor every little thing related to Scientology. Maybe this was not on the radar. Maybe you brought it to their attention and they will run with it?
  3. Ogsonofgroo Member

dptjes.jpg
    'Cannot stop the signal! Don't give up deh fite!'

00000221f.jpg
    'We can only hope, where there is hope there is 'At Cause'.'

bincat.jpg
    As are many imho.

underthehangzhoubaybrid.jpg
    'Man de lifes boats, man de harpoons!'

(tanks Freak an' other shoopers!)

All I gots ta say on this fer nao.

:)
  4. YAHRLY Member

guys honestly anyone can sue anyone for anything, could you wait until this gets some legs to start declaring ultimate victory?

srsly
  5. _You_ Member

This would be the 'hope' part Yahrly. Not many coming in pants yet, but its a start.
  6. Smurf Member

Generally, this is not media worthy until the lawsuit is already engaged and things are actually happening, i.e., Miscavige has been deposed and is present for the depo (where he can be filmed entering or leaving the depo) or he refuses to attend the depo and the media will ask for comment why he's bucking a lawful order.

It's too premature.
  7. LarryBren Member

Perhaps some will be surprised how "media worthy" this is very shortly. I predict weeks, not months, for some real coverage. We shall see. It begins now on the internet but let's see where it spreads shortly

Also there are MANY ways to get major win on this without getting far into the suit or even winning the suit itself. Each time this story is told and a bit more of the truth gets out into the public light increases the chances of staff and public or potential staff and public wising up and getting out of the cult. And that is not even mentioning what some others who get out because of this might ALSO do to get out their pieces of the truth.

No, IMHO, this is completely full of win and huge potential win right here and now and continuing every single month from here on out as the word spreads (no matter what ultimately happens with this suit as a legal matter).

The word getting out now is kind of like >9000 uncontrolled cats going in >9000 directions with the truth. It's uncontrollable and it can be everywhere. Some of this information may, for example, end up in Australia and add to what it may take them to do with the cult there. Some of what is in the labor suits (like Claire's) probably ends up in Catholic blogs and who knows where all that goes? Who knows what comes from this that will get others active elsewhere, even the slow moving FBI?

My point is just getting out the truth is win and there is much to be excited about right now as regards this matter. Just my opinion, but I for one am excited about this right now and have no plans to temper my excitement:)

This suit moving along, little Davey having to testify and the LULZ that could come from that are only a little part of what all can come from these actions down the road.

I myself predict this suit or an amended version of it will be big win in the end, whenever that may be. But between now and then there is countless win to be had in other areas because this suit exists.

IMHO
  8. _You_ Member

LOL, that sounds like catlessness there. Do you remember that doozy from the clearing course ? I hope someone sure doesn't put THOSE out at some point huh?
  9. _You_ Member

CATLESSNESS SHALL BE A MEME
  10. _You_ Member

I agree with Larry. Yes Anybody can file a suit, but not many would want to file one against the CoS and that is very public knowledge.

The more people who see what is going on with the cases will bring more people forward- at least it has in the past. Last month(s) there was at least 4 cases filed against the CoS This one, the class action suit, the UK suit, and small claims suit in Phenox. Before that was the three cases with BVS, and even 44. All are making the news. And keeping Scientology in the news seems to lead to more justice.
  11. Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

Larry I think that you overestimate how seriously the general public takes lawsuits. We live in a highly litigious culture and I don't think you can assume that people will believe "the truth" about scientology simply because they hear about it in the context of a lawsuit somebody has filed. Now, if the lawsuit turns out to be successful that of course changes everything.
  12. _You_ Member

^^^ITT an amerikan speak^^^^
  13. nonfza Member

Good news is good news
  14. Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

The law of averages. If 1000 people sue David Miscaviage then surely one will succeed.
  15. _You_ Member

or maybe get one to succeed and then get 9000 cookie cutter lolsuits.
  16. WTF Member

Affirmative: To build a catlessness machine.

Negative: Not to catless yourself.
  17. LarryBren Member

You may be right but, first of all, I guess we will see shortly how well, or not, this is covered.

Secondly, I believe that the main impact of what comes out in this and other related suits will be outside of the litigation itself (such as in inquiries, government action, such as what can be taken by the FBI, once evidence of human trafficking is even more clear, orgs emptying out because of public disgust with the information that comes from it or news spread because of it, etc., etc.). Again, I guess we will see.

I believe that the very information that comes out as a result of this action (including just that information contained in the complaint filed and what is spreading in forums like this one) will take a life of its own well beyond the suit(s) itself as covered above.

Hell this suit could be dismissed in March (which I highly doubt) and the impact of its filing may yet greatly contribute to the exposing and ending of abuses by organized scientology and, indeed, organized scientology itself.

The news is spreading. And the news from things like this lawsuit combine with hundreds of other pieces of news of related matters and create a virtual shit storm of truthful information spreading around the globe to the point where Miscavige and organized scientology will just be incapable of hiding the truth anymore, even given their financial and legal "might".

Anyway, it is filed, it will proceed certainly for now and we will see what happens soon enough.
  18. anonhuff Member

What I noticed: with every other negative press when asked for comment scientology is all 'lies lies lies bigotry expatriate liar lies' but with this they are 'no comment'.
  19. PimpXenu Member

Thats true. A guy i know just sued another guy for $1,000,000 with no basis at all for suing. He just did it to piss the other guy off. It got thrown out of court, obviously, but the guy had to show up and defend himself....so it was just the annoyance factor i guess.

I think the interesting thing here though is the cult is now on the defensive. If you remember they used to be aggresivly offensive with their legal time, now they're forced to devote time, energy and money to defend themselves, as opposed to sueing someone else.

Pretty win i think, regardless of what happens.
  20. anon4eva Member

Hmm-your probably right, I forget how much most people DON'T know about scientology. Maybe the link-(to the story HERE)-will peak some interest, and allow some curious journalist to start peeling the onion.

Can't hurt...few tears, but definitely may inform some-(*crosses fingers*)
  21. Belladonna Member

22. JohnnyRUClear Member

23. Lorelei Member

Every little chip or crack we can make in the cult's walls with valid lawsuits, protests and other legal activism is cumulative. Eventually that wall will have an unrepairable crack, then it shall fall.

Anon is tunneling through with a rock hammer, and not even bothering with a huge Rita Hayworth poster to hide the hole. :)
  24. Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

^^ ^^
    THIS
  25. anonhuff Member

Digging the hole to actual freedom.
  26. FreakE420 Member

stock-photo-worker-using-jackham-1.jpg

wrecking-ball.jpg
  27. Ogsonofgroo Member

<3 an' ferret justice!

:)
  28. Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMfBKrdErY&feature=fvw"]YouTube- The Dambusters a la Star Wars[/ame]
  29. _You_ Member

YouTube - Styx - Lorelei Live 1996
  30. LarryBren Member

Yes and it's only just beginning to get interesting.

IMHO look to the west for the battle to be joined on the legal front, additional civil charges to be made and additional legal actions all soon enough.

Just an opinion here but I expect that we will see the shitstorm increase in strength very shortly:

anonkarma.jpg
  31. Re: David Miscavige sued, summons issued 11.25.09

Operation increase shit storm.

Ideal Orgs will now have these installed:

2eojuhk.jpg
  32. DeathHamster Member

Lie! Everyone knows that the orgs are strictly Bring You Own Bog Roll.
  33. Belladonna Member

34. Random guy Member

Perhaps not the ultimate in mainstream covering, but it is a beginning!
  35. _You_ Member

Please do not use demonstrative adjectives as pronouns.

strunk.jpg
  36. Nine Toes Member

[SIZE=&quot;7&quot;][COLOR=&quot;Red&quot;]STOP USING PHOTOSHOP BEFORE JOHN KNOLL COMES DOWN FROM HIS PILE OF MONEY AND RIPS YOUR SCROTUM OUT AND FEEDS IT TO YOU![/COLOR][/SIZE]
  37. _You_ Member

Yeah to summarize: Service is almost always waived and the summons and copy of the complaint are sent by certified mail. If it isn't because Miscavige wants to be served personally (he would have to pay the price of the process server), then his agent can be served (his lawyer). The other ways of serving never happen and the service by publication in a paper makes me laugh because first year of law school everyone reads pennoyer v. neff where a guy was served by publication. i doubt it's happened in a couple centuries or so.
  38. _You_ Member

[IMG]
  39. FreakE420 Member

I dont use photoshop,,,,shut the fuck up faggot!
  40. Belladonna Member