Customize

Dear 99%

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Mkay, I will quote you again.
    How do you know how anything looks to the Syrians? To third world as a whole?
    Dox?
    Butt hurtin just a tiny bit?
    Absolutely and without apology.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

All right, point taken. Obviously I don't claim to be a third-world spokesperson.

Rephrase as "makes you look self-important, deluded, and disrespectful in comparison with those who are repressed (e.g. Syria) or poor (e.g. the third world as a whole)."

Claiming to be poor when you're among the most prosperous in the world is pretty shabby. <---- my point.
  3. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  4. Anonymous Member

Thank you for acknowledging the subjectivity of your comment. <-------- mine.
  5. Anonymous Member

Oh yeah, I'm fine with that. Absolutely. Never intended you to think otherwise. My own opinion only. Not backed by statistics.
  6. Anonymous Member

You don't.
  7. Anonymous Member

So show me.

If it exists.
  8. Anonymous Member

Well, you would need to undertake a study of modern movements in economics, especially the prices of food over the decades, for one thing. The influence of Wall Street is insidious and thoroughly pervasive. If you really want to see, you'll need to find out on your own. I have no "tl;dr" text-bite for you on this one.

Also: fiat money is fucking fiat.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. xenubarb Member

I'm in it for financial and government reform. As far as those leaderfag wannabes bawwing about the homeless, if that was my thing I'd belong to 'Feed the Homeless' or something. So those guys don't represent me. Nor do the lulzcows who are all self important and calling it a revolution. I'm down with Move Your Money Day, it actually happened and things got done, but I'm not getting the insistence on occupying places.

Anonymous got most of its clam-whacking done from behind keyboards, not from a dome tent in some city center space surrounded by bums and cops.
    The nature of the 99% is something that I think eludes the grasp of some of the hard-core activists; I get this 'tude from them that, if you aren't living down there with them, you're a poseur just jumping on their bandwagon.

But it wasn't their bandwagon either, they were just organized and poised to control any sort of organizational position.
    Right, so these Pinko fags don't speak for me, or the people in my neighborhood. We're ready to jump into any project that addresses revocation of corporate status as person, and money's new status as free speech.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Anonymous Member

The point of the occupation is to say, "we're here and we're not leaving, and you can't just make this all go away".

I think some of the Occupiers suspect that some others of us have jobs and can't be down there with them. That's the breaks.

Nice ad-hom in para 4. You're like what, straight outta "All in the Family"?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

I do see the rising inequality in incomes over the past 30-some (50-some) decades. See it and oppose it.

Would favour more progressive taxation to reduce that inequality.

But the "smash the system" anarchist stuff and the Marxism turns me right off. The anti-semitism even more so.

?
  12. Anonymous Member

s/decades/years/
  13. 00anon00 Member

And your suggetion? Do we NOT fight the repression in this country? Do we go overseas and fight repression somewhere where we don't belong?
    The "Clean your plate because children are starving in Africa" arguement makes people fat, it does nothing to help the children in Africa. We live here, we fight here.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

"The anti-semitism, as if it's the only one in the world. Why not oppose all racial profiling, mate?

Fiat money: it's worth whatever the market says it is on a given day. Hello? Anyone in there?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

He wants "more progressive taxation". Id est: he's happy with the status quo, but would they kindly modify it a little?
    Yeah, that'll go far.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

Fiat.jpg
    ^^^
    Fiat Money
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

I'm talking specifically about one of the #OWS founders, according to the recent New Yorker article.

The "Jewish bankers conspiracy" thing that some #OWS people are into.

I'm not aware of any other racial stuff coming from #OWS, which is why I didn't mention any other racial stuff.

Name the alternative. We left the gold standard already.

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow.

Or so I've heard.
  19. Anonymous Member

So, you believe that the American system of voting is fair and unsullied, and that a poor man can somehow reach high public office. Do you also believe the Earth is 6000 years old?

Please tell me that you're not old enough to drive a car. We have enough idiots on the road already.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

Like.

:)
  21. Anonymous Member

Obama was born rich?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
  22. Anonymous Member

Link, or don't bother.

"...some #OWS people are into." Generalization much?
    You assume Judaism is a race.

No reason why we could go back to the gold standard, only your fine politicians won't ever allow that, would ruin their Wall Street investment portfolio, dontcha know?

Chairman Mao, contrary to the statements of running dog Western press, actually did a lot of positive things for China, which you seem to know naught of. The Beatles the best you could come up with? Fuck, Lennon was a Commie, by your definition. Get your facts straight.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/11/28/111128fa_fact_schwartz

National currencies are worth varying amounts compared to one another. That's a fact of modern life.

eb6.jpg

Absolutely. John Lennon, anyway. The other three, not so much.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

So, accept the fact and shut up. Let the rest of us go about seeing if we can change that, because capitalism and the lack of money are the primary causes of misery.
  26. Anonymous Member

OK then, what is the plan?
  27. 00anon00 Member

Exactly. Please let us know when the elections become free and fair, and we can stop protesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

The plan is: there is no plan.
  29. Anonymous Member

There was never a plan just planner faggotry.
  30. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  31. xenubarb Member

there are only 3 paragraphs.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Fair elections?
    Hanging chads, buddy!
    • Like Like x 1
  33. OSA Member

34. Anonymous Member

^^^^ Reported! ^^^^
  35. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  36. Anonymous Member

way 2 fail
  37. Anonymous Member

-Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
  38. Anonymous Member

You do realize that there are people that live under park shelters(until the police eject/arrest them), and that live on less than a dollar a day, here, in the US.

Now, in some cultures, one dollar day might provide for many, but in the US it buys a packet of noodles and a few crackers.

Pretentiousfag is still a faggot!
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Orson Member

Man, you guys suck. This was a fun thread of funny shoops related to #OWS and you've gone and fucked it all up with standard issue hyperbole and ad hom bullshit.

efa30.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  40. OSA Member