Customize

Dear Enturbulation

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Hubbard-Telescope, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear Enturbulation

I am Anonymous. I am not a critic or an OG, I am someone new to this fight who prefers not to have my identity known over the internet. I am not originally from the chans, but I am a member of our shared internet culture. I am not a moralfag nor am I soley in this for the lulz. I am a healthy mix of both who has spent the past few months doing all I can to contribute to my local Anon group and to those in Anonymous who post here on Enturbulation.

Now, I know that this site is not technically "Anonymous" but I am a big fan of "doing it right" when it comes to being an admin/mod on a site or having integrity in positions of power. I am disturbed by a trend I've noticed on this site where a small clique determines the rules, even over the discussion of other staff members. I am also disturbed by the assumption that those who have frequented the thunderdome are idiots who contribute nothing to Anonymous. I don't know about you guys, but I was an active TD'er and I feel like I've done my part and busted my ass for Chanology.

Honestly...if people who run the site want to make changes, fine. But WHY OH WHY are they planning on lying to us like we're idiots and not discussing things with their own staff?

TD1.jpg

TD.jpg

As a little note, I am not doing this to stir drama, I am doing this because I am concerned. If this post is deleted or censored, then it confirms my concerns over corruption and unscrupulous actions taken by certain individuals and it will be reposted. If I am banned for trying to at least have this discussion in the open and rationally, so be it. I think I've put in my time and enough effort into this movement to at least be given the benefit of the doubt and the ability to discuss my thoughts with the rest of Anonymous. :)
  2. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Also, I think people should be aware of Enturbulation's "Suppressive Person's" list. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a little uncomfortable with a site dedicated to the criticism of the CoS and its treatement of people to use a tactics like this to lie, trick, and destroy its own critics. Shouldn't criticism make things stronger and create new ideas? Isn't that why a lot of us are upset with the CoS's suppression of free speech?

TD3.jpg
  3. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Inb4banning, locking, or deleting.
  4. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Critics get banned and their criticisms get locked and deleted? And here I was thinking I was being quite polite and rational. O___O Maybe this is a new rule I missed. Aren't we supposed to question things we think aren't right?
  5. Heidi Member

Re: Dear Enturbulation

I'm fairly new and I'd like to just say, seems like this place sucks. Good job guise.
  6. twelve Member

This.
  7. F4gg07 p0l1c3 Member

Index of /dome
    i will probably b banned, but fuck it
    this is the truth BOUT ALL THIS TD CRAP, READ IT!!
  8. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Welp, I'm enraged.

Fuck you, Enturbulation. If there's no consensus of the masses, this is not Anonymous. I withdraw my support of this site.

Edit: I understand that Enturb is not anonymous, however was largely populated by anons. Call it what you will, this kind of behavior is disheartening and very, very upsetting.
  9. Heidi Member

Yep. Anonymous = real time concensus. Thanks for all the news, etc. Enturbulation.com but really: google, can you use it? whatever, I'm out until this blows up or blows over.
  10. Re: Dear Enturbulation

I'm not looking for drama or callouts, just a discussion. :) I am one for integrity, free speech, and open access to information. While site admins do have the right to do whatever they want, I am not so fond of tricks and lies being used to moderate those on the forum. Is there maybe a way to make this process more transparent or do away with those practices? :D
  11. SomeOldGuy Member

I'm very much looking forward to what the response will be to this.

LE can either say "It's my board, STFU," in which case I'm free to go elsewhere (and/or be banned), or there can be allowances for change and improvement.

So what will it be?
  12. cubby Member

13. Scythe Member

This is disappointing on so many levels. SP list? what the fuck?
  14. Anonagi Member

Given that the admin is acting this way barely a month after the shit hit the fan regarding donations, I really don't think so.
  15. AnonyMama Member

I am deeply disappointed. One of the mods received tremendous support, and is now talking trash about those who were some of his most vocal supporters?
  16. Anon123456 Member

miserable users
  17. Anonagi Member

Not a mod

One of the site owners
  18. AnonyMama Member

Is their "Miserable Users" list the same as their "SP" list?
  19. core Member

I'm not going to delete or lock this thread. What I am going to do is invite you to ask me any questions or voice any concerns that you have directly, and I'll address them as best as I can.
  20. Anon123456 Member

is there a miserable users hack on this board? yes or no. i dont wanna hear any "as far as a i know" bullshit?
  21. D... Member

lol.

Honestly, I was really against all this drama faggotry. But the more I read and the more I IRC, the more I think this may be necessary.

Also, limiting info to helpful miniraiders who put time and effort in like Tyrian, sucks. Please to be taking out harmful usergroups.
  22. AnonyMama Member

I was referring to someone else who is a mod and not one of the site owners.
  23. Mål Member

24. SenatorXenu Member

Why do we need a miserable users list?
  25. Re: Dear Enturbulation

they got a lot of money from anon for servers and bandwith.

stu got a lot of money

there are others part of the cabal who received help from us

none of them were forthcoming about their censorship / and puppeteer fagging.

trust = div/0
  26. Anon Char Member

At the very least, a degree of transparency, we trust you this much, but please, Enturb is a great place for sauce, and I would hate to see it go lest it be over finances or the Thunder Dome.

Can their be a sort of comity of some sort?
  27. 2Ke Member

This whole thing stinks to high water. To me, the Thunderdome was a place to chill out, post dongcopters spelling "Sup Dome", and to just goof off during the hours when freaking nothing else is happening on Enturb. My schedule is typically 2:00pm - 6:00am awake time, and I gotta say, not many people are protesting Scientology at 2 in the morning.

This all just sucks. Instead of dealing with a few small problems in a rational and normal fashion, a few of the mods / admins got butthurt and axed the entirety of TD, ruining the fun for those of us who were not being a problem. So what, a few people peed in the pool. Guess what? Pools can be cleaned. You don't have to drain the pool and subsequently fill it in with concrete for a new breakfast patio.
  28. Re: Dear Enturbulation

O____O !!!!! Isn't this kind of dangerous for people who could get their IP's snatched by being rerouted to that site without warning if they don't have proxies up??? D: That sounds horrible!
  29. AnonyMama Member

Are you Skeptic? Or, are you using his name/avatar as "punishment" because he told you that the Dome had suggested your last avatar?
  30. Anon123456 Member

excellent fuckin question. not that i mind it so much on other boards but on this one i didnt expect it. im shocked to be quite honest.
  31. SenatorXenu Member

perhaps an elected comittee, that would be cool
  32. twelve Member

AFAIK, it's Mal.
  33. Mål Member

For people like dr3k, or others who cause massive amount of drama. It is more fun to see them complain about hundreds of "500- internal server error"s and not realise they're the only ones getting them.

Anonmama, you;re exectly right. I am Mål
  34. TheProfit Member

Reform.

Open TD, stop sucking so much and quit trying to purge a flourishing community because you "disagree" with parts of it. Like a motor... this site doesn't work without the dirty parts.

This isn't about you. This isn't about me. This isn't about anyone. This is about Chanology as a whole. Anonymous requires freedom of thought, debate and harsh democratic discussion.

We do this because we love you core. We do this because we care about this site. We belive it's a good base of operations. You've broken it. it needs to be fixed.
  35. SenatorXenu Member

Wouldn't it be far easier and less drama-riffic to just b& them?
  36. AnonyMama Member

Please advise: who is on this list?
  37. SenatorXenu Member

Also, what are the conditions to go on the list? Does it go off the infraction system or is it a mod decision?
  38. Anon123456 Member

that explains why i can only reach the site 50% of the time. thanks for clearing that up.
  39. Mål Member

I dont know off the top of my head, I MIGHT be able to check

Not as fun :\ they get angry normally and leave on their own accord.

You have to personally piss off an admin so baddly, fuck ith the forum so entirely or be generally significant to the admin.
  40. AnonGrenade Member

^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.