Customize

Dear Enturbulation

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Hubbard-Telescope, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenatorXenu Member

Re: Dear Enturbulation

That is good to hear. Censorship is not cool when we're supposed to be defending free speech on the internet (or did we forget about that?)
  2. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Lets not troll this thread or it'll be locked for faggotry and we'll never be able to have our rational discussion with ALL of the members of enturbulation who really should and (in my opinion) NEED to participate in figuring out how to uphold the integrity of this community. :D
  3. twelve Member

Bearing in mind that this is not from Enturb; it's only an example of what it could be.

Edit:

This.
  4. core Member

I've said that we had it installed. I've also uninstalled it (which I'm willing to prove). It was used as a way to deter undesirable (a general term, not my personal opinion) users, without outright banning them.
  5. Tuesday Member

stealth edits are the mods and admin's ability to edit a post without leaving a "post last edited by [name] at [time]for [reason]" stamp at the bottom of a post.
  6. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Could you find out then? I'd also like to request that the rest of the Mods show up in here. Gun as well. Also,

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS LE?
  7. twelve Member

Exactly.

Don't troll this thread, people.

Sry for gianttext.
  8. googoomuck Member

Guess this is as good a time as any to jump in.

I can inly figure "stealth edits" were changing ppls posts. What Core says is my understanding as well. Illegal stuff got snipped sometimes, but that's it I think.
  9. evey Member

fuck me, the drama! you'd think that enturb had never been without a thunderdome before.

enturb used to make do with a dinky little wall-of-shame, and guess what - the site still functioned successfully! people were still flamed, people were still trolled, and Co$ orgs around the world still shat bricks on a regular occasion.

goodbye, thunderdome

(and nothing of value was lost)
  10. Anon123456 Member

good point.
  11. Daywatch Member

Mal how about pretending to be Skeptic?
    you FUCK

[IMG]
  12. twelve Member

If you think this is only about the Thunderdome, it's best that you stay out of this thread. There are actual discussions going on about actual issues, you see.
  13. 649 Member

This is all so wrong, there needs to be a balance of power. Taking away thunderdome was so much more than just pulling a piece of the forums it exposed that some mods/admins here are willing to pull elaborate schemes to ban people that dont think the same way.
  14. Mål Member

Back on this? It was a joke, Skeptic never seemed to mind, I dont quite understand why it is so evil. Yes, it was a troll, I'll refrain from doing it from now on.

Anyways, im a cock, Im going to stop posting now, core can take care of it.
  15. twelve Member

Because that kind of behaviour is the reason you (plural) gave for killing TD.

[jk]Ergo...an hero? [/jk]

But seriously. It's not that complicated. You claim to kill the TD because it of excessive trolling and drama, and then you go and do exactly that yourself. Hell, stuwyatt calls it a troll in the mod thread, so I wouldn't try and claim that it was somehow different.

tl;dr: Fucking hypocrisy. That's why.
  16. AnonGrenade Member

Like I said on the other thread:
    The mods are on a fucking power trip.
    If Anonymous has no leaders why are certain mods acting like they are indeed our leaders?(core and a few others-you rock)
    I'm not as much pissed about removal of the dome(which I am upset about, just not on the same scale), as I am about the fact that the mods were planning to LIE about its removal and say it's a necessity.
  17. termination Member

I'm here. Well I didn't really give an input on the Thunderdrome issue because I'm basically never there.
  18. Re: Dear Enturbulation

This isn't just about the Dome anymore. This is about us placing trust in the staff and having them fucking exploit it to no end.

edit: Select members of the staff.
  19. RSK Member

What I've seen in this thread about the way things were handled absolutely disgusts me.

Go ahead an b& me but many of the mods acted like high and mighty overlords where they publicly posted PM's of people who were complaining. PM stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE, it's not private if you post the message and then make fun of the person who sent it.

What went on in your little kabal is exactly the same thing you are complaining about in regards to TD and that is complete hypocrisy.

The mods who acted this way are (pick your favorite four letter word) and one is a wanker.

Rob
  20. Re: Dear Enturbulation

Thanks for showing up. And Stealth Edit has been answered, thanks.
  21. SenatorXenu Member

I think its time we just brought everything out into the open, brought all the drama (money, TD, whatever) out into the light so we can end it once and for all and stop fighting each other and go back to fighting the scilons! good/bad idea?
  22. exOT8Michael Member

Brand new account is a troll.
  23. evey Member

i just don't agree that the "actual issues" are as big as being made out, is all.

i don't see the mods/admins doing anything differently here than any other mods/admins on any other forums all around the intertubes. if anything, to me they seem more lenient/collaborative than most forums i've been on, and we all know you can't please all of the people, all of the time.
  24. AnonyMama Member

Daywatch, I already addressed this. :)
  25. Anon123456 Member

wheres LE? he seems to be a PTS for us. unless im completely mistaken.
  26. 649 Member

lewtftn7.jpg

^This is what I was talking about.^
  27. 649 Member

28. evey Member

perhaps they thought to say that it ate too much bandwith, to avoid the undoubtable amount of drama that it woudl cause to just pull the TD because they thought it was pointless? you know, kind of like what is happening now?
  29. Anon123456 Member

if this was any other board the shananigans would be tolerable. this is an activist type situation where we are forced to trust alot of people we wouldnt normally trust. after reading this thread, you tell me. can we trust them. thats a question for everyone to ask themselves. even with the miserable user bullshit, i do still trust the staff not to fuck us over. miserable user is a widely used hack on many many forums. its not the end of the world but the mindset is a bit troubling.
  30. twelve Member

Good for you. Take a look: it's only a couple of threads now. Go on your merry way and do what you consider to be constructive, as we will do what we feel is. It really isn't that hard to avoid one thread.

Q: If there was a fail idea in Think Tank, would you spend all your time flaming it? Probably not. You'd do it once, and then move on. Same thing applies here, although whether or not it is fail really depends on whether or not you care.
  31. SenatorXenu Member

I would like to hear what the rest of the staff has to say, I've contributed a lot not only to Chanology, but to this site as well, and it seems like a huge shame that all of this has to happen. It begs the question, who will destroy themselves first, us or the scilons?
  32. core Member

Make it as tongue in cheek as possible = make it obvious that it was intended humorously.
  33. exOT8Michael Member

Another brand new account comes in to troll.
    What was your nick last week?
    This kind of crap takes us off target.
    GTFO
  34. Anon3Mouse Member

Okay, next question from me.

What do you (both core, Termination and any other mods) think we can do to heal this rift and put trust back in the staff? Will LE agree to sticking to only maintaining Mimi and leaving the content and users of the boards alone? At least until he's earned our trust again? Will the Thunderdome be returned with the old deal of it being policed internally? Will *chan bashing start to receive the same amount of punishment as OG bashing?
  35. twelve Member

The running of Enturb is on target. Live with it. Oh, and by the way, I've been around since February; this account since March because the forums were baleeted back then and I couldn't remember which fake e-mail I had used to sign up with my original one so I could reactivate it.

tl;dr: I'm old. Find a real argument.
  36. twelve Member

Or the same: will OG bashing receive the same level of punishment as chan bashing?

Edit: Sorry for double post.
  37. AnonyMama Member

I am wondering if a softer approach would've worked. For example, warning the Dome itself or individual users. Perhaps that was done? I wasn't in there an awful lot, so not sure. But, it seemed to get dismantled rather abruptly. And, it's always better to tell the truth rather than concoct some "phony bologna". PS- I thought only my elderly dad still used that term, so thanks for that little bit of lulz.
  38. moreanonymous Member

sheer assholery. at least td all the trolling was open and honest.
  39. googoomuck Member

I would love to know the answer to these questions, but I don't. Sorry.
  40. TheProfit Member

This guys from SF and a real person. stfu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.