Customize

Dear Enturbulation

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Hubbard-Telescope, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 649 Member

Re: Dear Enturbulation

I know several members that were part of TD that "busted more ass" than most regular posting members outside of TD.
  2. TheProfit Member

Transparency, accountability, consensus.
  3. D... Member

Enough with this fucking witch hunt.

Everyone here is a bunch of faggots that behaved poorly. Even me.

This wouldn't happened if the team was transparent. Some of this is extremely disappointing, I can't believe it came to the point where people had to steal a mod's password to get this exposed. I was fairly pro-LE until I saw all of this.

Secondly, td is not clean in this. I understand the need to take expose this, but you made it into a fucking witch hunt instead of actually trying to make things better.

I just want a way to make it all accountable plox.
  4. SenatorXenu Member

I like the idea brought up earlier in this thread that there be a committee or normal users which could hopefully represent the interests of the community and hold mods/admins accountable when they make a rash decision. I make stupid decisions on the DC forum occasionally, and when I do, we address it in a calm, rational manner as a community, rather then letting things get out of hand like this.
  5. Anon123321 Member

I think our butthurt can be described more precisely as betrayal. We trusted the mods (that we have been referring to because core is awesome as can be see in this thread) to run Enturb well, and they fucked us over, sans lube. And didn't even give us a cigarette afterwards. And they managed to seem marvelously out of touch while they were at it.

Getting rid of Thunderdome (calling in Hazmat to clean up a particularly bad spaghetti sauce spill)? BAD IDEA. Proposing to lie about it? EVEN WORSE.

I'm also troubled by "marblecake."
  6. Anonqwerty Member

lol, agreed, it sees to coherent/easy to read to be Tory.
  7. Re: Dear Enturbulation

LOL! Actually, we all scream at each other, drama BAWWW epicly, and then we get awesome results. As it should be! :) D'awww, DC is full of love.<3
  8. Re: Dear Enturbulation

It would have been better if LE didn't show up and call us "Spoiled Brats" and then said "What's done is done, like it or GTFO" essentially.
  9. core Member

I don't know what you mean. No one's going to be banned for voicing their opinion.

Marblecake was a channel on partyvan that, at the start, was just a place where some protest organizers got together and coordinate, help each other out with funds and getting permits and shit. As I understood, at that point, it was open to anyone. One day, however, I tried to join and found it was +i (invitation only). I SAjoined myself in there and, immediately, a couple of people freaked out and started spamming "WHO THE FUCK IS CORE??" After it was cleared up that it was a legit person, it was explained that they had to be very careful about who joined the channel. I took all this with a pinch of salt, but I was increasingly disturbed by how shit escalated in the channel. Key quotes like "Chanology would fall apart without us" and "Your normal Anon is an idiot" from darr and co. were quite worrying. Eventually, WB and dr3k tore it all apart and they fled to ED IRC. Last I heard, darr had quit Chanology and Marblecake was over. There's no "cabal" anymore, unless I'm horribly mistaken.
  10. SenatorXenu Member

Love, Rape, and Cake......how it should be.
  11. captainslug Member

Enturbulation...
    NEEDS moar admins/mods
    NEEDS moar discussion/consensus
    NEEDS moar inclusion
    NEEDS less infighting/bawwwwwing/drama
    NEEDS less B& without evaluation

Most of the Anonymous forums are going through a transitional period. Some are weathering the milestone better than others. I'm afraid many of us need to watch and apply this reminder if we are to survive the next day/week unscathed.
    YouTube - Message to Anonymous
  12. mc1998 Member

i hope you're right.
  13. its.an0nym0us Member

There's nothing more safe or helpful to the community than a man who may, at any time, have his belongings raided while he's busy treating a debilitating disorder with illegal substances!
  14. AnonyMama Member

I understand what you're saying. However, it's no longer the mere matter of opening a closed forum. It's the deceit that was behind it, the mocking of some members, the Miserable Users list, the double-standard of some of the mods (I can troll but you can't), etc. I think this dialogue is very good, TBH, and in fact will hopefully prevent some very hard-working Anons from quitting. So, IMHO, it is not a misdirection of time/efforts - and certainly no more distracting than threads about Kirk Cameron, for example. If it's distracting to you, feel free to GTFO (said in the nicest, most motherly voice I can conjure up.)
  15. cubby Member

lol.
    just... lol.
  16. moreanonymous Member

^^^^this
  17. moreanonymous Member

Then start a thread.

Can this not be about you any more? kthx
  18. moreanonymous Member

a tribunal...interesting idea.
  19. RSK Member

I know everyone has a lot on their minds that they want to vent and I am one of those people. Believe me, I am bighting my tongue for the greater good.

However I think we need to start healing this rift and start working on a solution.

I also think that several folks who have abused our trust have learned a lesson and will think better of things in the future.

Too many folks around here have put way too much energy into this movement and this forum and have every right to feel legitimately hurt.

I think that if there was an appology from a few mods and operators, this drama would end much quicker and be less painfull.

Rob
  20. TheProfit Member

And what if I was to day "Marblecake" approached someone from the dome last week about joining them. About "adding new blood".

They are real. This is less important. What is important is that there's transparency.

From mods and marblecake.
  21. Anon3Mouse Member

Like a larger, site-wide version of the Four Horsemen, with less profanity and trolling? I could get behind this idea. The problem would be to do it without it becoming a hugfest and popularity contest.
  22. mc1998 Member

QFT
  23. moreanonymous Member

nah, just 500'd into submission. whatever.
  24. SenatorXenu Member

Basically, we have a dedicated area for members to go and raise complaints. It works well.
  25. Jugular Member

Every motherfucker on their shitlist pulled in more win than alot of the enturb user base. On the streets. On the interbutts. On your mom.
  26. Anon3Mouse Member

Still, how do you hold LE, who has physical access to the server, accountable?
  27. moreanonymous Member

forced anonymity?
  28. core Member

I'm trying to be reasonable, but I don't think you can read. That plugin is gone.
  29. AnonyMama Member

Derailing this with a LMAO! <brb - getting put on Les Miserables list>
  30. AnonZombie Member

Alright, I'm fairly happy with the way mods have explained things in this thread. Most of my questions have been answered already, but I still have one: what is/was the Sp List? Was it the same as or different from the Miserable Users list?
  31. AnonGrenade Member

6thd
    ^QFT
    It's not just about the dome.

After reading all this bs, seeing how you responded originally, and how you are cleaning up and discussing now, I have to say: core, you rock.
  32. AnonyMama Member

Or sent to scientology.com, or given tickets to Les Miserables list, or called an SP - amirite?
  33. mc1998 Member

reality check only a handful of the mods braved this thread.
  34. Re: Dear Enturbulation

He's saying that up until now (right after we had to practically "out" you on it) it was a real and present danger.

BRING BACK /TD/.
  35. SenatorXenu Member

Thats the issue, and the only answer i have is MASSIVE community pressure. That and witholding donations.
  36. moreanonymous Member

as of what, five minutes ago? who can't read?
  37. Anon3Mouse Member

Okay, I think it's time to call it a night on my end. Leave time to hear from LE and Tamphex in this thread, as well as Stu. Let everyone think of practical ways to solve the trust and accountability problems.
  38. shadowchaser Member

I'm not sure about core, but the majority I think would say:

dox or it didn't happen.

Anyone can claim anything.

Tin foil hats ahoy- I got a couple of 500 errors recently I guess I must be a "miserable user".
  39. its.an0nym0us Member

People will be stupid assholes. Some will not care what the community thinks. Some will donate to people they don't know. Life is funny that way.

I agree that this is the most pressing of issues currently.
  40. SenatorXenu Member

Its better than what we have now, if anyone can think of a better idea, I'll support it wholeheartedly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.