Customize

[Dec 1, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for December (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Nov 15, 2012.

1. group1a.jpg

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a whole lot of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Hope to see you there!
  2. Was Dec. the 1st what people wanted this month? Cuz I can change it if need be. Just be aware that it's coming up pretty fast.

Is it too cold for a superhero theme? I think it might be. Should we wait until the spring for that?
  3. Darth Xander Member

December 1st, yes. Frivolity, no.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. anonymous612 Member

What does Xander have against frivolity??
  5. Anonymous Member

In the Windy city it will be so cold I'm not sure anyone will be feeling frivolous brrrrrrrrrrrr
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Paladin Member

I really liked Skunk Suit's Captain America hoodie but I think it will be too cold for just a hoodie next time. Besides, I don't think I will have time to shop for one before then.

Frivolity has been enjoyed by anons past and present. I believe some anons joined us because of the frivolity. Why stop now?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Great Lakes Naval station 1976-77 what a miserable cold hell hole that place was for a sailor.
  8. Paladin Member

I was a sailor in San Diego at that time, where the weather was much better. However, that is when and where I also became involved in Scientology. :(
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Darth Xander Member

You.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. anonymous612 Member

Just for that, I won't tell you when I'm going to go visit Flag's Winter Wonderland.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Darth Xander Member

If you're going, I'm going.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. amaX Member

YOU TWO ARE NOT GOING TO WINTER WONDERLAND. NO NO NO NO. I FORBID IT.

We'll go to Busch Gardens to their Winter thingie. The creepiness factor at Busch Gardens is much less than cRaZy CuLt tOwn.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. anonymous612 Member

You haven't been to Busch Gardens after the Anheuser-Busch sale, have you?
  14. AnonModz Member

Wish there were protests closer to Mass, I can drive all that way but damn haha.

Anything I can do over here in Ma. to get things going over here? I already have put decals and whatnot on front doors of banks and such but they get taken down next day.

There has to be something I can do from my end here. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  15. AnonModz Member

I will be posting a picture of a decal I had custom made for my back window, you guys will <3 it :p
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Don't. You will be disappointed. [IMG]

If you want to do something in Boston, you can check for signs of life at non.violentuprising.com, or you can make a tentative &quot;anyone wanna do something in Massachusetts?&quot;-type thread somewhere. Leave it up for a few months with a few bumps and see if you get any bites.

If you wanna join an active place that's sort of in your neck of the woods, there's always New York. Look for their planning stuff periodically.

Careful with mentioning decals etc., because that could be considered vandalism, and there is zero tolerance on these forums for talk about illegal activity.

Personally, I think if you wanna be &quot;fighting the banks&quot; or whatever, then a 9/11 conspiracy nut forum is more your speed. ogeyoj.gif

If you're talking about Scientology, I'd say just lurk and you'll eventually see. There are tons of projects that you can help from home with. Groups need informing, all kinds of stuff. Keyboard warriors can get a lot done.
  17. Alright guys.

This month
    is about
    to get
    furious.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Darth Xander Member

I think you mean this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dra Member

Or this:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Darth Xander Member

Don't let me forget. I have gifts for you guys from the SF Anons.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. anonymous612 Member

But not frivolous, right?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. 8p1ty.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Also check out motherfuckery.org, the website of the NYC anons.
  24. anonymous612 Member

This times a thousand.

Also, I was under the impression there were still anons in Boston. Is that not the case?
  25. Darth Xander Member

Next Saturday's raid is dedicated to Kevin Freeman, 1992-2012. RIP Kevin. Thanks for going to court with me.

[IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Dra Member

RIP Kevin... I will miss being able to talk memes and geeky shows with you. Your smile and laugh will be greatly missed.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. SkunkSkirt Member

I can actually wear that hoodie again. The arms and lower torso are covered in that plastic-leather type stuff and if I wear a few sweaters under it, I think I could get away with wearing it without being cold. Layering is my superpower-- Remember when I wore that skirt and it was like... 25-30 degrees? Yeah, I can layer anything.

But yeah, It is a little cold for a full-out superhero theme.

I didn't get to see him much, but the times I did, he was an awesome guy. I'll miss him a lot, and I wish that I could have hung out with him more than I had.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Darth Xander Member

Wouldn't dream of it.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  29. Am gonna surprise all yall.
  30. Darth Xander Member

Yeah? Well maybe we have a surprise for you too. I AM XANDER!!!!
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  31. LLLLL Member

Now I'm OFFICIALLY gonna surprise all yall!!!
  32. anonymous612 Member

Xander has no tolerance for your frivolity.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  33. Paladin Member

We had a Scientologist who came to our protest wearing a Star Wars Wampa mask and made a lame attempt to intimidate us. It will take a lot for you to surprise us. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. LLLLL Member

That sounds like a real bad surprise ... I'm thinking like good surprise.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Tell me what you believe in? : "I BELIEVE IN LOVE!"
    LOVE IS THE TRUE REALITY BEHIND THE SECOND SIGN
    ART IS THE TRUE BODY POLITIC the process whereby we reveal Love
    THE GARDEN IS ITS ARTIFACT produced by the Artistic Act and UNITES FROM HEAVEN INTO WORLD
    FOOD IS THE UNIVERSAL HUMAN LANGUAGE
    VIRTUES ARE THE SALVES THAT HEAL WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS
    YOU ARE THE REVOLUTION
    JESUS CHRIST IS THE DIVINE REVELATION FRACTAL EQUATION UNIFYING POWER
    GOD IS HOLY HOLY HOLY
  36. Anonymous Member

^^^^the fuck?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  37. another123 Member

Just the season for a Mr. Freeze outfit? other cosplay styles
    [IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1