Customize

Dec 19 2009 "Say No to Drugs" race in Clearwater is a Scientology front group

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by _You_, Nov 29, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Dec 19 2009 "Say No to Drugs" race in Clearwater is a Scientology front group

I had no idea this was a scio-run operation. Some Anons should attend if just to watch and warn people that their "goodie bags" contain sientology-promo... at minimum it would be a The Way to Happiness booklet.

"SAY NO TO DRUGS HOLIDAY CLASSIC" is a fictitious business name filed for Clearwater Community Volunteers, a known and long-running official "gung-ho" roup for the Church of Scientology.

I found a flyer for this event. Each thing I've circled in red is Scientologist-owned or operated.

Also ads for this race are found on this website with links to a scientologist-run website for (pre)registration

The real registration page is http://saynotodrugs.com/registration.htm.

Sponsors include a large quantity of Scientologist-run companies (see circled in red).

[SIZE="5"]Fictitious business name:[/SIZE]

fictitiousname.jpg

[SIZE="5"]Flyer:[/SIZE]

flyerpa.jpg

[SIZE="5"]Sponsors: [/SIZE]

sponsorsr.jpg
  2. _You_ Member

Re: Dec 19 2009 "Say No to Drugs" race in Clearwater is a Scientology front group

Clearwater will be a tough nut to crack. Scientology is so deeply entrenched there. It'll probably limp on as an alcove of independent Scientologists led by Rathbun and co. after the mother corporation is destroyed in the courts.

I think it would be lol if two sides of the current Scientology civil war had a front in Clearwater. Both sides would be busy spying on each other *constantly* they wouldn't have time to fair game critics let alone game the system.
  3. xenubarb Member

Re: Dec 19 2009 "Say No to Drugs" race in Clearwater is a Scientology front group

MAY I HAVE OVER 9000 MARBLES PLEASE?
  4. _You_ Member

The image I got gives me a chuckle, but it's the runners we need to warn about the scio influence with the race. This front group is just another attempt at promoting Hubbard crapola. I wonder what all will be in their "goodie bags" they give each runner.
  5. Smurf Member

The race originated in Clearwater. I've participated in the race in the past. It's a popular road race in Clearwater and here in Los Angeles.

It benefits one non-Scilon charity; the rest of the $$ goes to front groups.

9th Annual Say No To Drugs Race Holiday Classic
  6. _You_ Member

I for one DO NOT support the idea of signing up a bunch of fake runners with XENU NAMES. That would certainly be WRONG and IMMORAL and I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS LULZ IDEA
  7. T.W.C_Anon Member

No absolutely NOT. This very LULZY idea would be WRONG indeed.

Troll away my good chap troll away.
  8. _You_ Member

9. Anonydon Member

The part that chaps the ass is that the $cilons actually have a Girl Scout troop that "volunteers" with the event. Makes me rather uneasy that they use something like the Girl Scouts for indoctrination right under the unknowing parents noses.
  10. xenubarb Member

There's a Scilon Boy Scout troop in CW too.
  11. _You_ Member

Drugs are great. They make brief moments on the long road of life at times not seem quite so shitty.

I think if more Scientologists took MDMA it would improve their public image.
  12. Blackfark Member

Their famous talking head for this event is second generation Scilon, actor Jason Dohring (his folks are long time members).

They're oh so careful not to bring up Scientology in their "message".
  13. Anonydon Member

Yes they could change the S00perD00per Building into a massive nightclub. I was driving through there the other night ( It's fucking creepy how they all run and gather in the back alleyways and between buildings at night ) and there is only the steel framing and stairs inside, so they could change it rather easily into one of the best Clubs in the area.
  14. _You_ Member

Bob Minton's angle on the race is interesting, but I think it's more simple than he thinks.

I think the COS just does the "Say No to Drugs" angle because it's something that most people will get behind. They collect names/addresses/emails/phonenums with the registration for the event, so it gives COS or CW Comm Volunteers some people to continue to PR to (work on; soften up).

Usually there's some Volunteer Ministers available after the race to do "nerve assists" and then you can chat with the person and try to recruit them to Scientology.

The sign-up sheet includes the notations:

• Goody bags for all runners
    • Chiropratic, massage and assists for all runners
  15. Anonydon Member

Does any Clearwater anons feel up with to signing up with fakedox for the race and then race with the GF masks on race day? It would be lulzy :D
  16. ultrapoet Member

Has anybody considered contacting the non-Scieno sponsors and letting them know where the money is going?
  17. TehHerro Member

FIFY
  18. _You_ Member

19. Blackfark Member

Gotta love how they try to hide who they are and what they're up to.
  20. pedrofcuk Member

21. _You_ Member

Say No To Drugs = Say Yes To Blue Asbestos