Customize

December 12 - Mountain View, CA

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by Sailor Venus, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Sailor Venus Member

December 12 - Mountain View, CA

Fellow stat-crashers, we have some decisions to make. Question the first: Which date do you guys like?

December 5th: Date of Lisa McPherson's wrongful death at the hands of scientology
    -OR-
    December 12th: Second Saturday, closer to the middle of the month, keeps our usual protest schedule pretty balanced.

Question the second: Where do you guys wanna protest?

San Jose/Los Gatos: Lots of public awareness because thousands of cars pass by during raid hours. Be wary of sprinkler tech and ugly-funky-fish-smell tech.
    -OR-
    Mountain View: Opportunity to impact scilon public directly, as seen by our last adventure. We can also send a contingent to Castro St. as I think they opened up the mini-org there while we were busy at Easy St.

Starts at 11, goes till whenever. Bring masks, signs, cameras, warm clothing, and have preparations in case of wet weather. Cake is a must.
  2. James Smith Member

re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

I'm in. Dunno why we need to pick a day, I'd be happy to go to both
  3. James Smith Member

HALLOBUMP any progress here?
  4. Xero Member

Maybe if we do it on the day of the wrongful death it'd be like smacking some sense into the public and reminding the scilons of the horrible thing they did to that poor person.

On another note, we could maybe organize it so that two different groups are at both orgs. Y'know?

Like, fan out and cover more ground. Sounds like that'd be a good idea, doesn't it? But then again we'd need more people to do that...And then there's the issue of finding out which group has more fun..lol

I'm all for either of the ideas on the date, and maybe if we had enough people we could fan out and cover both orgs o:
    I kinda wanna do the San Jose one, since well I was at Mountain View last time lol. I wanna see the action that happens at San Jose.
    Sounds like fun, and maybe I'll even get to meet Allender! :D
    lulz
  5. Zulas Member

I'm down for either, either dates and either places, but i'd prefer San Jose for the place
  6. Seamus Member

Im going to agree with Xero, raid the San Jose org this time. More public view and more chance to pass out flyers. Not to mention we raided Mountain View for November.
  7. _You_ Member

I'll go to san jose too I don't give no fuck kthx.
  8. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

How about BOTH?! This sounds hardcore, but just stick with me on this.

IMO, December 5th is a day that should have activity, regardless of what our usualy schedule is like. This is the anniversary of Lisa McPherson's death, and it can't pass by without notice. This is a day that should be more geared toward public awareness, thus I think that for December 5th, it should be at San Jose/Los Gatos org. We'll make new signs that all relate to Lisa and Scientology's dirty hands in the role of her death and get as much attention as we can.

December 12th, we do our usual thang and enturbulate the nice brainwashed drones at Mountain View. We can have it Xmas theme'd as well, just to stay in the spirit of things. We can have signs like "reconnect with your family this holiday season" or something, and we can have flier-fags cover some ground at Castro St. Since its following our typical monthly schedule we'll have more people to spread out to accomplish that.

What say you fine fellows? Are you a bad enough dude to raid twice a month?
  9. Seamus Member

Sounds pretty hardcore. If we do this, I'll try to make it to both, that's for sure.
  10. Xero Member

Oh hell yes, I'll do my best to make it.
    This is even better than my idea, lol.

Will definitely try to make both. Epic winz.
  11. James Smith Member

christ I'm never getting my weekends back! I'll be there.
  12. pinmeup Member

I just so happen to be in san jose on the 12th. So I'm down. What time is this starting?
  13. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

11am is usually when raids begin, but don't let that stop you if you feel like going early. Maybe if you do you'll see Allender spilling fish paste out on the bushes :p
  14. _You_ Member

Drove by the Los Gatos / San Jose church tonight and saw a banner on Saratoga Ave for their Winter Wonderland event on the 5th of Dec. Event starts at 6:00 PM. The sign said "All are Welcome".... ORLY?
  15. Xero Member

LOL An event on the day of our protesting?

Silly scilons...Aren't they in for a surprise? :3
  16. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

Well shit, this just cements our being there :O

We'll start at our regularly scheduled time (if you're hardcore) and we'll keep going all through the day. That's over 6 hours of protesting that we'll be doing. Of course no one should feel obligated to stay that long, but if you can, this would be a great time to do it.

We'll make sure that we will keep ourselves fed and entertained through those long hours, but I have faith that we can do it. How does everyone feel about having an all-day/adding an evening raid?
  17. Anonymous Member

Count me in! I'm ready for some down home protesting.
  18. James Smith Member

If I can get an answer on outdoor propane cooking sets being legal on san jose public property I could bring my stove and cook some stuff.
  19. James Smith Member

Oh, and for those curious, I'll be hitting San Jose for the 5th, and I'll stay past six if I have company. I'd love to take a big ol' shit on their parade. I've also been dying to get to a SF raid as well, which makes mt view a bit of a pain. Although I could do mt view the 5th in the morning then go crap on the san jose one after 6pm.

God I wish there was a way to do an anon mailing list. I'll have to go check the sf site and see what their plans are. =\
  20. _You_ Member

Bracing for epic. That event on the fifth will be great for directing our message to their public (assuming any even show up to that "Winter Wonderland" shit).
  21. qwertyuiop1 Member

Sounds like fun. Im in.
  22. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

I will be there @ 12ish on the 12th!
  23. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

For anyone who visits the SF Anon Decentralized Site, you'll see that both raids are posted as events, to level some of the confusion of organization between there and WWP. In the future I'll do my best to make sure both are adequately updated up to time.
  24. Sailor Venus Member

Thanks Pacman. In return, extra Tunak.
  25. Seamus Member

Well, it pains me to say but it looks like I will have to give up protesting for now. I recently became one of the employed and I cant make the time on Saturdays for a while.
  26. James Smith Member

booooooo
  27. James Smith Member

Ugh, I wanted to go to san fran soooo badly this day, because it sounds like so much fun. But as posted on the decentraficationess page for SF says:

GOD DAMN goddamnpacman =( Oh well, see y'all there! =)
  28. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

Any location will be of great help to any cell thats there, really. As long as you're out there with a mask and sign and getting the word out, you're doing good work. Each place has their own strength and weakness, for example SF is heavy on keeping the lulz alive but they hardly have any action as far as encountering reactionary Scilons. Los Gatos (San Jose) hardly has any public (or scilons) walking up and down the street, but HUNDREDS of cars pass through to expose the truth to, so its great for public notice.

The point is, you should go to any location where its best convenient to you and your particular skills. If SF is closer to you and cheaper for you to get to, I'd recommend going there. If not, you're free to go anyplace else.
  29. James Smith Member

Nah it's all good pacman. To be honest, I feel I'd be more useful making myself visible to the incoming newbie scilons. In the end it's not so much about what I want or how much fun I have. It's more how much damage I can do.
  30. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

Where is San Jose in relation to Modesto? Or Sacremento for that matter
  31. Zak McKracken Member

~ 2075 miles south

costa_rica-map.gif
  32. Xero Member

lulz, zak's got it wrong by the way.

San Jose CALIFORNIA is located about a two and a half hour drive from the Modesto/Sacramento area. That is, if you're willing to make that kind of a trek for the great justice of spreading awareness of the scilons' abuses.
  33. _You_ Member

I used to travel to sc to get laid by someone i was seeing. YOU can make it to fight the xenuz
  34. re: December 12 - Mountain View, CA

Sí! Esta es la ubicación correcta. Esperamos verte pronto!

[IMG]
  35. Zak McKracken Member

LIST OF CITIES IN CALIFORNIA (BY POPULATION)

1. LA
    2. SD
    4. SF
    5. Fresno
    6. Long Beach
    7. Sacramento
    8. Oakland
    9. Santa Ana
    10. Anaheim
    11. Bakersfield
    12. Riverside
    13. Stockton
    14. Chula Vista
    15. Fremont
    16. Irvine
    17. Modesto
    18. Glendale
    19. San Bernadino
    20. Huntington Beach

San Jose didn't make the list.
    No wonder I've never heard of it before.
  36. James Smith Member

fucking modesto made it? Modesto is a fucking ghost town.
  37. Seamus Member

Yeah, didnt make the list cause #3 just happens to be missing and San Jose just happens to be #3. I see what you did there.
  38. MSpaz71 Member

Hello All, I'm new here, but have been watching for many years in the background, and I applaud all that you do in the effort to destroy $cientology. That being said I thought I would mention that: December 5th, the anniversary of the death of LM, is also the Children's Holiday Parade in downtown Los Gatos. There will be hundreds and hundreds of people converging into Los Gatos on Saturday, Dec. 5th, so if exposure is what the protests are looking for, then the 5th should be protested in Los Gatos. Thanks.
  39. Anonymous Member

I used to march in that parade when I was in High School. Fairly big. In the 90's Los Gatos Org and Stevens Creek Org would build a float and pack it with carolers singing christmas songs. Don't know if the scilons still do that.

I guess as with most parades, a lot of streets are closed off and parking can be difficult. Don't know the new OP, but plans changed at the last moment might not work.

http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_13859117

There are 286 entries in the parade, which is about 20 more than last year.

There are 11 bands in the parade, including the raucous Stanford Band.

Anywhere from 22,000 to 25,000 people are expected to be in town for the parade.
  40. James Smith Member

that would have been great to hear, a month ago.