Customize

December 13 - Melbourne Australia - Protest

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by virginianon, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virginianon Member

December 13 - Melbourne Australia - Protest

Protest in december, go go go! Likely date is the 13th, hopefully.
    Want as many as possible in to repeat the win of November 15th!

Again, if you're a melbanon lurking here, come to Melbourne Anonymous • Index page. Yes, membership is moderated, but this means that it's extra super safe. There's also a new, less treehousy irc channel at #melbraid on irc.axdf.net. Come along and chat, yo!
  2. xenudu Member

re: December 13 - Melbourne Australia - Protest

December rAID Planning Forum here: DECEMBER PLANNING FORUM

Like the lovely Virginianon said, we're going 13th of December.

I know this clashes with the nocleanfeed protest, but since the nocleanfeed faggots don't want us to protest with them - we'll still be dropping by to say OH HAI GUYZ, WE HERD U DON'T LIEK US. Because regardless of whether they like us or not, the internet is relevant to our interests and having access to our interests is for the greater good.
  3. xenudu Member

There is a thread on the Melbourne Anon forum.
  4. re: December 13 - Melbourne Australia - Protest

Let them eat cake
  5. xenudu Member

OM NOM CAKE.
  6. virginianon Member

There had better be cake. I'm terribly excited about this raid, because I haven't seen y'all in forever!
    Also, I'm totally going snow-white :3
  7. re: December 13 - Melbourne Australia - Protest

I AM SO BRINGING CAKE!!!!!

The staffs of truth will be ready after I make some modications

AND I AM BRING NEWFAGS!!!!!! :)
  8. novocherkassk Member

www.scientology-melbourne.net.au
    use a condom when you view
    THEY HAS A SAUNA on the top level of the org!
    wonder if they would let us use it?

also, i'll be thar! i havent posted here on wwp in months lol. oh look i has a diff screen name too
  9. novocherkassk Member

The Church of Scientology of Melbourne Australia :: Home page
    use a condom when you view
    THEY HAS A SAUNA on the top level of the org!
    wonder if they would let us use it?

also, i'll be thar! i havent posted here on wwp in months lol. oh look i has a diff screen name too
  10. xenudu Member

Not a bit fan of saunas. I wonder if they have a spa instead?
  11. Crustacean Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for the slackness in getting to the new forums, been busy wrapping up work stuff before going on holidays. Did registration just now, but obviously not approved yet, hence this post in the public forums. I'll post it again in the private ones once (if!) my approval comes through.

Anyway, this is very late and likely useless note that I can't make the protest tomorrow (today!) due to work commitments. Hopefully the box of raep will turn up early enough for handouts to go forth and multiply. I'll be back next month.

Another note, again very late: I wanted to say some words about the talk we had with Manny last time

First up, I have some respect for Manny in coming out to talking to us. Even if we attribute to him the worst possible motives for doing so (which I don't), it still took some guts. It was generally fairly civil, except for one point when it was suggested that if he considered one of us responsible for all things done by anyone in the name of Anonymous, then we could consider him responsible for all the evil shit that Scientology has done to everyone else. He did get a little antsy about that.

That said, I wasn't convinced at all by much he said. Narconon is the only Scientology charity he mentioned... Seriously? A business that charges a lot of money for drug therapy that is likely as effective as a placebo hardly seem like a generous donation to the public. In fact, it seems a lot more like another way to make money and recruit people when they are at their most vulnerable. And seeing a "cured" graduate is hardly proof of anything - people willing to fork out a lot of cash to fix their problems obviously WANT to be cured, which means that any ridiculous method will have an effect on SOMEONE. There may well be people in Narconon that want to make a difference, but really, they're just another stop in Scientology's money and recruitment machine. I'm not impressed by their 'charity' work.

Manny claimed that we weren't the 'SP's mentioned in the Scientology literature. I'm afraid that's just bullshit! Maybe he believes it, but I can guarantee that just about every other scientologist on the planet thinks that's what we are. We're *exactly* what LRH was worried about - dissenters, critics and people willing to stand in the way when their victims are being persecuted or blackmailed or tricked of their money and freedom. And, even if we *weren't* SPs, Scientology STILL thinks there's *some* group of people they have the absolute right to "deprive of property, injure, trick, sue, lie to or destroy". Abuse of human rights is right there in their fucked up doctrine. And he had the gall to mention that they're teaching human rights to school kids.

Oh yes, and the "we can't afford to save everyone right now, but we'll be free in the future" argument for charging for 'salvation' like a business. If that were the case, why have the massive maze of corporate entities to confuse the money trail? If they're saving as many people as they can afford, I'm they wouldn't mind showing us the books to prove it. And anyway, if Scientology was actually effective and produced all (or ANY) of the effects mentioned in Dianetics, governments would be lining up at their door wanting to invest. Instead, we have a hard time measuring *any* kind of benefit for its members - especially not for those who dare to leave and speak out.

Manny admits that 'mistakes' were made by Scientology, and that possibly mistakes are still being made - in the US for example - but that it's not how the Org is run here. Again, assuming that this were true, I'm not convinced for a second that anyone else has the same integrity. In fact, Scientology's own doctrines of "Keep Scientology Working", SP declares, and disconnection pretty much guarantee an environment of suspicion, isolation, aggression and helplessness. The result is that the kind of people that will generally thrive in Scientology is exactly the kind of people we've seen threatening civil liberties all around the world. Even if Manny is on the level, it looks to me like there are many more willing to step up and take his place here and overseas that would see us and any other potential critics as SPs, and a threat to be dealt with in inimitable Scientology style.

tlrd; Scientology is a real threat. People need to know. Catch you at the next protest.

- Crusty
  12. virginianon Member

All good thoughts, Crustacean. Yesterday was a little fail, especially because of the weather, but am in next month!
  13. xenudu Member

I didn't make it because of things, but I did see some pretty awesome vid of a Spartan sword fight in the rain...
  14. fendanon Member

Go Crustacean!
  15. JoshTheater Member

Still Alive - Marcab

If folks would be so kind as to throw together some quick, one paragraph summaries of what's been going on in their local cells here, the hope is to get a nice website up compiling everything (kinda like Anonymous Resources, only with some more information about the groups). We could even *gasp* KEEP IT UP TO DATE!
  16. Onymous Member

Yes.... but WHAT exactly are you protesting about?

Please clear this up, so we all know what the #%$& you are on about....

Warmest regards,
    Onymous.. yes, that's right... onymous..

Redacted

Mod edit: User was infracted for this post - promoting illegal activity. Not acceptable.
  17. Honeykin Member

Hey does anyone know where I can buy an anonymous mask in melbourne? Preferably in the city thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.