Customize

December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Trev6, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trev6 Member

December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

Hey fags, we're back. Here's the plans for December:

December 13th - Whether or not we do anything on the Global Day of Action is still kind of up in the air. More bulletins on this as events warrant.

December 27/28/29 - These three days are the Tokyo Comic Market (the Comike), and with a Cosplay area set up for people to take photos, it's ideal for faggotry.

STEP 1: Dress up in whatever costume, plus a mask (GF if at all possible).

STEP 2: Print out a QR code for the (unfinished) website, ??????????????

mxenujpqrcoders5.png

Stick it to a cardboard backing or some shit, and parade it around with you while you pose. Maybe a URL for the site on the bottom too. Now, anybody who snaps your pic (and people will) will also take a link to anti-Scilon info with them.

STEP 3: ???

STEP 4: Profit!

Any JapanFag still around (no idea wtf happened to the faggots who did the Ohtsuka and Harajuku raids), the Tokyo Comike is FREE to enter. So even if you're cheap, and you live reasonably close to Tokyo, come on down and join the fun.
  2. Vir Member

re: December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

Also we need a Japanese translator.
  3. Rheinländer Member

Welcome back Japanons, have a great raid and much fun! All love from Germoney and fight them back!

160152077_841f60fda2.jpg
  4. anonym0us Member

LOL @ Chinese Dragon!

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Tokyo, but what kind of translator do you need? For dox or for actually being there and translating on the spot?
  5. Rheinländer Member

@ Anon: Yeah, I know it is a chinese dragon, but I think he is funny and I can't resist him ;))
  6. Trev6 Member

Dox. We're putting together a Japanese language website, but between the two of us, I think it'll look like a Special Needs student mashing the keyboard after smoking up. We need somebody with good English -> Japanese translation skills.

Current site: ??????????????

If you want to see the text we need translated, I can give you a copy.
  7. anon.il Member

I'm curious - did the Japanese public ever express any interest or worry about the whole Scientology thing?
  8. Trev6 Member

Honestly? Most people have never heard of it. There are some types, mostly online 2channers, who know about it in more detail. One guy in a Japanese thread swore up and down that they were a front group for the Freemasons, though I think he was just making fun of me.

The plus side is, ever since AUM and the Sarin gas attacks, all you have to do is say "strange new religion" and everybody immediately shits themselves in terror.
  9. Vir Member

They mostly operate as "Dianetics" in Japan. And they're not big in Japan, which is why we want xenu.jp to also contain links/information about general cult assistance too.

But the main point now is to get a good welcoming text together. We're drafting on Marcab, but Trev6 has the latest text.
  10. Barbarious Member

Trev you SEXY bastard, more vids of you please.

Also; we convinced a lost japanese lady at the counter to go to xenu.net I hope she reads it all and gets out. She sounded really lost.
  11. Trev6 Member

A Japanese Scilon, you mean? How did you know?
  12. mrfyde Member

I bet.
    Good luck Japanons!

Ahm (Aum) Shynricyo not that different from Hubbard. One wanted to rule the world before it is destroyed the other wanted to rule the world after.
  13. Trev6 Member

For anybody who's interested, here's the proposed text in Engrish. moonspeak translation desired, pending competent translator:

TL;DR - Scientology bad! Anonymous good! For great justice!
  14. Trev6 Member

The search for translators goes on. I've posted in a lot of weaboo fansub boards asking for translators to volunteer their time. Time will tell if any response will be forthcoming.
  15. Vir Member

Good. Those translators can do Japanese -> English, but I wonder how hey are at English -> Japanese.
  16. Trev6 Member

Even a half-assed E > J job will do. As long as they can get most of the major vocab in there and something resembling sentence structure, I can show it to a native who can do some fine tuning.

If I don't get any responses soon, I'll give it a go myself and wince while my friends laugh at how fucking retarded it'll read as before Doin' It Rite.
  17. anonym0us Member

I COULD have a go at it, but seeing as it is pretty high-level language use, I don't think it'll actually look like anything.
    I'll try some lines here and there, who knows...
  18. Trev6 Member

I tried to keep the language as simple as basic as I could, but given the material...

If you want to try your hand at it, I'll do the same. Pick a section, and between the two of us, we should be able to approach something close to a reasonably literate, mentally sound Japanese person.
  19. Trev6 Member

Here's something to pass the time while we do stuff, and things.

Yay!

20. Vir Member

Heh.

By the way can we change

"But Scientology is more dangerous than Aum" to

"But Scientology is dangerous in a different way than Aum"
    or
    "But Scientology is differently dangerous than Aum"

or something like that? Apart from that I approve of this new text.
  21. Trev6 Member

Mm, you're right, that does come across better. Chang'd!

It's being translated slowly, and I'll try to get a native to check it out when its done. With luck it'll be ready to post on the site before the end of December.
  22. Vir Member

Good, thanks.
  23. Trev6 Member

Actually, I've been meaning to ask... do you think we could front load the JewTube player on xenu dot JP to show protest vids from various cities around the globe after the "L" announcement(s)? I think it might hammer home just how global Anon really is to all the potential visitors.
  24. Vir Member

Well I have the caramelldansen. Perhaps I can put a compilation video there, because that works for Japanese people too.

I'm concerned about having too much English content videos on a site meant for Glorious Nippon, but if I find some videos which mainly tour the world without too much jibba-jabba, I'll do it. Right now, in fact. Good tip.
  25. Vir Member

Would be nice to have something like this, only updated:

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/917012"]May 10th, 11AM on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame="http://vimeo.com/1063457"]Anonymous protests across the world on Vimeo[/ame]
  26. re: December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

let them eat cake
  27. moarxenu Member

trev6, your statement is stunning. It is a model I have been looking for to get into the Chinese Community in the US. The key is the comparison between Aum and Falung Gong. We need to work up the FG part of it as you have done so excellently.

I remember on the first evar raid on Lisa McPherson's birthday on Feb 10. We listened to reports on PartyVan Radio role in about the fags in NZ and OZ. Then, Japan. One fag held out for four hours in front of teh Tokyo org.

Great to see Japananons entubulating. Continue for great justice.
  28. Vir Member

He was indeed out by himself, but not directly in front of the org all that time. And he turned out to not be the only raider either. I quote:
    But wait, there was a second raider:

29. Trev6 Member

I miss Epic Brass Balls Anon. Wish he was still posting, cause having a simultaneous double-raid in two major Japanese cities would be awesome.

...also, I wouldn't have to pay for a Shinkansen ticket that way. :p
  30. anonym0us Member

Funny thing about Japan though.
    If there are people with signs, they are a nuisance and are ignored most of the time.
    Though waiting to cross the street does make your interest standard go down and you start to read whatever catches your eye...
    Oh well, too bad I live too far away to enturbulate in person :p
  31. Vir Member

Yeah, I'd stay away from a demonstration in Japan too. It seems they don't protest so often, but when they do they seem to be extra angry - or paid to protest or something.

What the Anonymous-protests in the successful places have been doing is to hold a party-like protest at one side of the street, and have flyering people in costumes but not necessarily masks spread around both sides of the street in a wider area. Those people are easier to approach, and even the people who cross the street get interested to take a flyer or hear what it's about. You don't need to *push* flyers on people in that situation, at least half get interested.
  32. BlooAnon Member

Generally, don't they shout things from moving vans and such to get the point across? At least political parties do. And I'm not sure how successful that would be for Japan Anon. Or legal.

They also usually have a giant mascot to grab people's attention. Usually something with a big head.

You could also do what regular advertisers do and hand out tissue packets with Anon reading material. I honestly don't know how much it would cost, but definitely more than just fliers.

Just throwing out ideas.
  33. Vir Member

Yeah I've seen those cars, but I've seen protests too.

The thing about flyering/handing out tissues is that we need to do it in a area where it's allowed. Same with cosplaying.

By the way, you're invited to
    JapanAnon - Marcab
    in case these forums go down.
  34. Trev6 Member

The last raid held in Nagoya was a variation on handing out flyers. We raided a street performance festival, and dumped flyers in mailboxes, bicycle baskets, and tucked them under windshield wipers on parked cars.

I think actualy "protest" protests aren't going to work. But in the right atmosphere, dressing up and wearing a mask can really make people whip out their cameras.

That's why I've got two proposed targets this December. There's a Cosplay/Weaboo Rave party in Nagoya I'm planning to attend, and then there's the Winter Comic Market in Tokyo. I know I've got at least one /b/lackup for both of those, but if there are any JapanAnons near either Tokyo or Nagoya who want to help out, feel free.

[broken record] At the Comic Market, there's a Cosplay area and it's very, very normal to get your picture taken if you're in costume. Performing and handing out flyers are pretty strictly banned, but there's two loopholes that work in our favour here.

Firstly, holding up a sign with, say, a QR code and a URL on it while your picture is taken is fine... it's part of your costume. Also, after pictures are taken, it's tradition for 'professional' Cosplayers to give some kind of contact information card to the photographer, so they can make formal contact to get permission to reprint photos in a blog, magazine, etc. So if we pose for a snap, then offer a card to the photographer, they'll more or less be obliged to take it, and it'll be perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the Comic Market staff. [/broken record]
  35. Trev6 Member

[IMG]

Gentlemen... BEHOLD!

[IMG]

YFTC for Japan. New Flyer Tech! The Future of Tomorrow, Today!
    I am one can short of a six pack! Ahahaha!

The beauty here is, any card handed out remains relevant, no matter how the source site changes, so long as the URL remains the same.
  36. re: December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

That? Is Awesome.

+3 Internets are hereby awarded!
  37. Vir Member

Glorious. Have you tested it with your own phone?
  38. Trev6 Member

I have, and it leads to the mobile site without any problems.

I've already got at least a hundred printed out here, so I'll have more than enough to hand out.

On the translation front, anonym0us is helping a lot. Half of it is already done, although it needs some proofreading by a native.

I'm trying to petition help on 2chan, but so far am being ignored. >_< Not surprised, but I tried to put my request in as an ordinary person doing a website about religion and cults in Japan, not as an Anonymous recruiting.
  39. Trev6 Member

40. Vir Member

Good to hear.

I put in a new introduciton text on the mobile site. I don't know if the language is good, but it should do the job explaining the relationship between Dianetics and Scientology.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.