Customize

December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Trev6, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trev6 Member

re: December 13 - Tokyo Japan - Back in the Saddle

Oh shi-!

We just jumped to 75% on the translation. O.O; 2chan delivered.
  2. Vir Member

You mean 2ch, right?

100% now and has been uploaded to xenu.jp. I now consider the site to be LIVE, but if you can read through it to check that the grammar is good, please do.

Thanks Japanese-speaking anons.
  3. Vir Member

The Dianetics hompage says that there's a new Dianetics groups in Kyoto called the "Yshida Clinic"

How do you render that in Japanese characters?

As for other groups and fronts, this seems to be accurate, but might be outdated.
    ??????????????: ????????・??????????????
  4. Trev6 Member

2ch, 2chan, however I'm meant to type it.. Those guys are Awwwright.

Now, to spread QR cards like a total goddamn whore.
  5. Vir Member

Should we put "thanks to 2ch for translation" or does 2ch come with some kind of social stigma? I mean we mention 2ch in the text already, so it should be fine I think.
  6. Trev6 Member

Hrm... can you toss up a link to the source of that? I'm guessing that's "Yoshida Clinic", but not sure.

Having a section on xenu.jp with $cilon locations might be a good idea.

Also, perhaps a section for upcoming protests/events. Date, time, location, stuff like that.
  7. Trev6 Member

I think "normal" people give 2ch a stigma, but this is fucking Japan... not walking in lockstep with everybody else, not having jet black hair, not working an office job, and not neglecting your family until your children become cold, emotionally distant robots makes you 'weird'. We're already off the deep end here.

So yeah, let's give them a nod. We're all internet nerds together.
  8. Vir Member

9. Trev6 Member

10. Trev6 Member

11. Vir Member

Well found.

At first glance it seems like this guy is a member of some sort of healing society, and he is using Dianetics as an addition - kind of . That doesn't necessarily mean that the other members of the society use it too.

Edit: Looks like he might be similar to a chiropractor or osteopath by training.

Edit 2: Chiropractors, dentists and doctors are important targets for Scientology recruiting, ofthen through WISE
  12. Trev6 Member

I think he needs some kind information sent to his doorstep, to help him clear his mind.

EDIT: ZOMG, I SAID 'CLEAR'. XD I MADE A FUNNY, M I RITE?
  13. Trev6 Member

Scanning through the site, I think you're right... he seems to be blending a lot of different treatments together, but "Dianetics" and "Auditing" are frequently mentioned in nearly every page. He looks pretty sold on the system.

The question is, die-hard $cilon fanatic, or clueless zombie recruit?
  14. Vir Member

If he's offering auditing, then he's probably a little bit up the bridge. Doesn't have to be that far though.

Maybe some kind of seitai magazine could do a feature article on the dangers of Scientology and their octopus-like recruiting methods targeting individually practicing healers? Without shaming this guy?

Edit: By the way, the website shows he has curtains and a dog.
  15. Trev6 Member

The organization listed in the intro text I sent you, “ú–{’EƒJƒ‹ƒg‹¦‰ïbJSCPR. If we can work through them, maybe inform them about Scientology's history as a cult in North America and Europe, then tell them about the Dianetics fronts and the clinic using the stuff in Kyoto. They'd have a vested interest in stopping the cult without ruining Doctor Yoshida's livelihood.
  16. Trev6 Member

[IMG]

OH SHI-!
  17. anonym0us Member

Man, I turn my back for a second...
    Well, yeah, I knew my translations weren't going to be excellent (far from it actually)
    But still glad I could sortof help.

Oh and on the Clinic thing... DIANETICS!? IN MY TOWN!?!?
    Apparently it's more likely than I'd think ¬ .¬
    Does anyone have the address of that clinic?
  18. Trev6 Member

I ran your translations through the 2ch people, and they fine-tuned it as well as managing the rest of the stuff. You helped speed up the process, so we didn't have QR cards leading to nothing. For that, you earn +1 Internets.

住所 京都府京都市東山区五条橋
    東6-583-23

The map thing on the site doesn't work, but you might be able to figure out with Mapple or any other Japanese map tool.
  19. anonym0us Member

Thanks for the internets ^^

Or I can just use maps.google.com ^^
    I found it and apparently it's not that far from where I live (neighborhood where a friend of mine lives)

If you guys want some dox delivered to said address... you know how to contact me ;)
  20. ARC Member

dianeticskannagioc5.jpg
    Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
  21. Trev6 Member

I went, masked, to a local cosplayOMG, WEABOO event and dropped cards like a bastard. I didn't see anybody do anything to the cards personally, but I got a lot of positive reaction to the GF mask for some reason...

Pics to be uploaded tomorrow.
  22. ARC Member

Looking forward to the photos.

You have a real V mask now? I liked the creepy previous mask too, but I think a proper V mask makes sense in a proper CoSplay event, since people see what you're supposed to be.
  23. Trev6 Member

Creepy mask was a stand-in till my mail order arrived. :p  I liked it too, but the real deal has more resonance.

Pics will be up as soon as I get back to my own comp (using Net Cafe atm)
  24. Trev6 Member

So, basically, I went here:

[IMG]

Where people were doing this:

[IMG]

So I did this:

3133911667_009186a286.jpg

Also, I brought these:

[IMG]

So I could do this:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

3) ???
    4) PROFIT!

EDIT: Also, the day after, I left a bunch of them around ATM machines at the bank, department store washrooms, and fast food restaurant tables. Just for extra lulz.
  25. Vir Member

Win!

Yukkuri shite ittene! You've deserved it. (* u *)
    mb26x1.jpg
    xn4s2c.jpg
    oihh14.png
  26. Trev6 Member

*fapfapfap*
  27. Trev6 Member

I just noticed that "Daily English Show" site you linked to from xenu.jp. It's solid gold.
  28. Vir Member

yeah, please to be suggesting more links too.

Should we start a Japanese thread in International Discussion - Why We Protest | Activism Forum so people can give feedback in Japanese, instead of a guestbook? Or maybe there's a fully Japanese board site or free guestbook site we could use for this?
  29. Trev6 Member

I think a Japanese thread on the International Board would be a good idea, linked directly from the site. I'm sure it'd get trolled to hell a back by the locals, but meh... it's a good idea for now.

To be honest, the best idea EVAR is a Mixi group. But I don't know much about it, so that might be something to study over the rest of my holiday.

Also, we should start cooking up some plans for dox to drop at that Kyoto clinic. Especially since we've got Anonym0us here so close to the place.
  30. 3rdMan Member

Awesome work Nippon-fags!
  31. DamOTclese Member

First came Godzilla and now Scientology. Poor Tokyo!

Scientology is going after rubes, marks, and suckers in countries that still have money but they're also trying to scam third world shitholes, anyone who doesn't have wide access to the Internet.
  32. Vir Member

We talked about Mixi earlier, but I think the problem was doing it anonymously, just like it's a bit counter-intuitive to have public anon-groups on Facebook and MySpace.
  33. Trev6 Member

It's not /too/ hard to be anonymous on Mixi and the like. Just because you have to give a name doesn't mean you have to give a real one, or even a plausible one.
  34. JoshTheater Member

Still Alive - Marcab

If folks would be so kind as to throw together some quick, one paragraph summaries of what's been going on in their local cells here, the hope is to get a nice website up compiling everything (kinda like Anonymous Resources, only with some more information about the groups). We could even *gasp* KEEP IT UP TO DATE!
  35. Trev6 Member

STATUS REPORT!!!11one

So, as per the plan, I went to the Tokyo Comike. I got lots of QR cards littered around the event area, and also in various shops, restaurants, and public bathrooms around Tokyo during event downtime. I also raided the cosplay area, thusly:

3152136599_395858e44a.jpg

3152974110_6cfebc5fab.jpg

3152141221_7718a98caf.jpg

Kindred Spirits, yo!:

3152145947_7d0a68fd0b.jpg

How much impact we actually had there is something only the future can tell. I overheard some people talking about Scientology once while I was at the Comike, so at least somebody found a card, scanned the QR code, and learned about the site. But only site traffic at xenu.jp will show how successful we were.

Before anybody busts out the champagne, though, I don't think the cosplay area appearance went as successfully as I'd hoped. I'd forgotten that A) Cosplay nerds are self-obsessed people who barely pay attention to anything besides themselves, and B) Most people want to take pictures of this:

[IMG]

So, really, if we want people to pay attention at this kind of event, we need to do this:

3152250177_6c869843d0.jpg

EDIT: inb4weaboofaggot
  36. positronic Member

Oh man, you guys are doing awesome! I definitely dropped off the radar once I left Japan and started up fall semester here in the states, but wow! I wouldn't have guessed Japan would have gotten this far! The site looks great and the cards are beautiful. Well done, my friends! Especially you, Trev6!

I feel like the card-dropping is probably the most effective and least risky method over there, especially with what you run into trying to flyer. Haha, I still remember how nervous I got trying to wait for a few moments of no people walking through a part of Harajuku station to stuff a bunch of fliers behind a magazine. Good times. Keep it up guys!
  37. Vir Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.