Customize

December 29, Cincinnati OH

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Cudgel, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Cudgel Member

December 29, Cincinnati OH

5 Anons: Scary, Rusty, True, Moonchylde and me braved the 24 degree weather to station ourselves with candles and appropriate signs* across from the org on West 4th Street at a new time and day: a Monday at 4 p.m.

The first thing we noticed was the big for sale sign in the window! Our glee was tempered by the knowledge that the scilons had begun remodeling the former Baptist church they bought in Florence, KY (just across the river from Cincinnati) to become the new ideal org. (Their mistake: the new site is logistically perfect for protests - contact has already been made with Florence PD and the neighbors, none of whom is happy with the org).

It was a productive event. Being downtown at the start of rush hour exposed many new people to the cause. As we are stationed across from the org, we are standing partly in the exit of a a large parking garage. Rusty got many thumbs up and waves as he offered copies of our "Why Are They Dead" flyer. More accepted it than declined. Lots more foot traffic came our way as the people who work downtown walked to their apartments/condos in the area. ALL either greeted us warmly as they passed or stopped to talk.

The scilons who came out to smoke were greeted with a chorus of "If OT powers were real, would we still be here?". Several put out their tobacco and went back inside...

We felt sorry for the receptionist inide the org. She kept rearranging the signs and easels in front of her desk to hide from the signs. Just by moving a step or two to the left or right we were able to get around her blocking tech. Then she started contorting herself. She's going to be stiff.

Chocolate chip cookies by Mrs. C and a warm pub afterward completed the raid. Pix up as soon as I get time...

January planning is now in process. Pix up as soon as I get more time.

*signs: 1. Why are they dead? (list of departed)
    2. Why does Miscavige live like a king while Sea Org members starve when stats are low? Is Dave above stats?
    3. Tommy Davis says the disconnect policy is no more: have you called your family lately?
  2. Re: December 29, Cincinnati OH

lol. Another used cult for sale. Sign of the times. Poor things...

Help them sell that org:

3. Anonymous Member

Re: December 29, Cincinnati OH

Nicely done as always!
    I <3 you guise.

Any news about the progress at the Florence org?
    Please send Skyline.
  4. _You_ Member

sooper!!

I don't know if you're new or what, but the for sale sign has been there for at least a couple months.

Also, be aware that activity at a new org building doesn't necessarily mean they are moving any time soon. A few places have reported moving vans, etc but the new buildings are still empty a year later. Typically, they crow about buying a building and then start raising money to remodel it.
  5. the_cloak Member

This is awesome, I can't wait to see the pics! Pity they are losing their presense downtown. But watching them run for the hills is indeed satisfying. They will find few converts in Florence.
  6. the_cloak Member

He's far from new but it is news to a lot of people here. The building is a dump. It will take them a long time to sell it. They even have boards propping up air conditioning units on the upper floors. Those things could come down on someone's head at any time. They also have exits that open inwardly, which is in violation of state and local fire codes. They will have to get all this fixed before they can sell.

Their location also sucks. It's on the west end of town with only some old people condos next door and a parking lot and garage across the street. There was a good restaurant that was renting space from the scilons but they closed and moved out after a pipe burst and destroyed their restaurant. The only other thing nearby is the highway and a lot of train tracks. So it's pretty poor location and they never saw much foot traffic. There is a historical building next door that has sat empty for years. If no one wants that, no one will want this falling down dump of an Org either. My bets are the building eventaully ends up condemned and they sell just the land it is on to a developer. It would make an OK location for a condo. The building next to it would make a nice church. A real church.
  7. RightOn Member

Cinn Anons did a sweet job! and in 24 degree weather??? wow

way to go!
  8. FUCK Member

Awesome. I can only assume they are moving out of the city b/c KY real estate is much cheaper. :)
  9. _You_ Member

those are some things your local fire marshall and code enforcement dept could be pooned about