Customize

Detoxification in Naturopathic Medicine: A Survey

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/acm.2010.0572

2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

Not at all clammy sounding.

No, it is not. Studying nonsense just means more people will be fooled into thinking it's not actually nonsense.

How do I know "detox" is nonsense? Because no specific toxin is named and measured.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Collaborator Member

You are correct, in this "Survey" no particular toxicant was named, because it was a survey!
    Authors sought to collect information on what conditions are treated, what interventions are used, and what outcomes were measured by ND's who do clinical detoxification for environmental chemicals.

There are dozens of epidemiologic studies that demonstrate strong associations between environmental chemicals and human diseases, for example, PCBs and hypertension, phthalates and infertility, lead and neurocognitive deficits.

The scientific (not scientologic!) question is, if the human body burden of the chemicals can be reduced, could we decrease disease burden, or even see prevention? We won't know unless we look, and a number of (poorly conducted) studies have actually demonstrated chemical body burden reduction. See the recent work of Stephen Genuis, MD from Alberta CA (medline).
  5. I have no doubt that getting away from pollution and food additives would be good news for anyones health. Don't need any study to tell me that.
  6. Collaborator Member

Getting away from pollution is like the no peeing part of the pool!
  7. I only swim in the log section - there is bound to be some leakage.