Customize

Did Freewinds illegally turn off its AIS tracker?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Re: Did Freewinds illegally turn off its AIS tracker?

Does not compute

en smoes ?

Wordt tijd dat ik weer eens een Partij bijeenkomst van de PvdA bezoek nu de Nederlandse Politiek invloed kan hebben op wat er in Bonaire gebeurt.

Die tere zieltjes willen nog wel warm lopen voor t milieu
  2. Scatman Member

Re: Did Freewinds illegally turn off its AIS tracker?

en [STRIKE]smoes[/STRIKE] alibi.
  3. Anonymous Member

Is the day-to-day garbage of the Freewinds so horrible that turning off their transponder and making a clandestine garbage run to a port with illegally bribed officials who will look the other way when the Freewinds takes a dump really the cheapest and simplest way of getting rid of it?

Are the customers on the ship crapping plutonium?
  4. xenubarb Member

5. Scatman Member

Cheapest and simplest means dumping their sewage in the Caribbean Sea.
    No, they piss and crap Cal-Mag, niacin and probably a little blue asbestos.
    (Hubbard did not believe that asbestos caused cancer, but fiberglass did. Doesn't that just make perfect sense?)
  6. Anonymous Member

IS there somewhere near where they turn off their transponder good for scuba diving? Maybe it is cwazy widdle davy taking a vacation!

300+ policemen+crew of failboat=overloaded boat!
  7. Anonymous Member

Maybe Did Miscavige fancys Latino Policemen and their Big battons
  8. Anonymous Member

Would they need to turn off the transponder for that? The trail of floaters would be a giveaway.
  9. Anonymous Member

No but the waste water could contain blue asbestos
  10. Anonymous Member

Maybe it isn't just human waste. They had to do something with all that carpet and panelling they were stripping out of the ship in those pics taken earlier this year.

Scilons are just fucking gross and tacky. That is all.
  11. Sponge Member

Does one "scuba" that far out at 3,000 - 5,000ft? (which appears to be the approximate depths in that area according to google earth).

Besides, there is a clear fingerprint of a ship at standstill with its AIS fully working and it looks like this.....

freewindsaisworkinginpo.jpg

The other day, the end of the track in question looked like this (at a zoom scale that would show up close-together data points at standstill and their drift)....

freewindsaisfail.jpg

See? A perfect stop with no drift over the entire time it was being reported apparently holding that position.
    AIS was fucking turned off.
    No way that it happened to malfunction in almost exactly the same vicinity as last time.
    So the question remains. Why?

inb4: Did a prospective OT8 on psychotic break drop any good loot overboard recently? Yarrr!
  12. Anonymous Member

Magick?
  13. OTBT Member

Here is what the AIS tracking signal looks like when Freewinds is stationary, on shore, in dry dock.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-active-projects/tracking-freewinds-57215/21/#post1322510

92613593.jpg

I still think something fishy is going on with the Freewinds. In my best
    guestimate, I agree with you Sponge, it still seems at least plausible that the
    Freewinds keeps turning off its AIS tracker.

And ESMB poster also mentioned that the AIS signal magically appeared within
    hours after I started this thread, after having no signal for 31 days.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=515549&postcount=35
  14. Anonymous Member

Bonaire discussion group complaining about Freewinds dumping ship waste

Bonaire Talk: Sewage Treatment Plant
  15. OTBT Member

Does anyone else find it odd that Freewinds was out of range for 31 days, and shortly after I started this thread and pissed and moaned about it, it was suddenly "in range" again within hours?

The Marine Traffic site automatically makes a temporary record of ships in AIS range every 12 hours, around Noon and Midnight. These MT "temp" files are usually kept a week or so on the website:

Daily Vessel's Itineraries - AIS Marine Traffic

Where was Freewinds for the "missing" 31 days?

The Marine Traffic site is an academic web site:

Frequently Asked Questions on AIS and Real time ship observation

If it turns out that the Freewinds did actually illegally turn off its AIS transponder, the MT website would be very interested, I suspect.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. xenubarb Member

18. Anonymous Member

No, that is a lot of assumptions. Freewinds was scheduled for months to arrive 12/29. They did and their little tracking beacon showed them in Curacao. Where is the conspiracy? Did you read the spreadsheet listing their planned arrival? So how exactly does that mean this thread caused them to turn anything on?

Perhaps, they were cruising around some place without a signal? Perhaps there is an error in the reporting database? What exactly is the crime for turning off this responder? What happens if someone kicked the wire that runs to the antenna for the transponder? Does anyone in the world care when this happens except zealots? What it on when they pulled into the bay?
  19. anonhuff Member

Haha retard.
  20. FreakE420 Member

91767245.jpg
  21. Anonymous Member

There's fewer and fewer people seen in pix of Not Really Free Winds. Maybe the blue asbestos fog is working it's magic and it's become ...

2mn0gvp.jpg
  22. OTBT Member

OK, I'm being too tin foily. Hopefully, next month, the mysterious OP of the Tracking of the Freewinds thread will give list of where Freewinds was during those 31 days, which was most of December. If Freewinds is listed as being in ports where AIS is known to be in range, then that will be evidence, in my opinion.

Freewinds did not spend all 31 days out of AIS range in Colombia (see OP).

Also, yes, Freewinds is required by International Maritime Organization (IMO) to carry and keep her AIS transponder turned on. Freewinds is 9,780 Gross Tons:

Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)

Automatic Identification System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, for reference, for anyone tracking the Freewinds:

Freewinds Timeline Updated

/ Edit

Also, to answer implications that I am a "zealot" for tracking the Freewinds, maybe I am. But that is off topic. If someone accidentally kicked the transponder on the Freewinds, the Freewinds had better get it fixed. IMO requires the AIS transponders to be carried, turned on and broadcasting. See the Wikipedia link for details of how often the IMO requires the signal to be broadcast.
  23. vaLLarrr Member

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe old Hubtard was really firing on the Freewinds back in the Navy days, instead of inadvertently declaring war on Mexico...
  24. vaLLarrr Member

Maybe they crash landed on an island... with Xenu...

[IMG]
  25. Re: Did Freewinds illegally turn off its AIS tracker?

The Dutch language is just German spoken by a drunk.
  26. Anonymous Member

It's not abot where it was scheduled to be and whether it is there or not. It is about what happened on route, which you won't see unless ou keep your eye on it regularly.
    The AIS tracker went off in the same vicinity as it did a month ago. Same scenario. It was sailing south-easterly past Curaco, presumably from Aruba (but where the AIS signal had burst into life only a few miles NW of Curacao), turned ENE and got about half way to Bonaire when the track stopped. About a day later it reappeared docked in Curacao. Why is that not odd?

As for the exact penalty, if any, for turning the AIS off I couldn't say but consider that it is about risking lives. Whether AIS is only mandatory within Curacao's controlled shipping area and not for Bonaire or Aruba I don't know either, but it is all part'n'parcel of SOLAS (International Maritime Treaty for Safety of Life at Sea). Plus a chunk of common sense, you know, if you have the damn equipment then makes sense that you might as well leave the thing switched on because otherwise you'll look mighty stupid if something really bad happens after you've turned if off.
  27. Anonymous Member

You're not a zealot for tracking the Freewinds,
    you're a zealot for attacking their religion.

And a Big OT, too!
  28. Sponge Member

The anomalies continue....

30th Dec 2010 just before midday Leaves Curacao heading North Westerly towards Aruba. AIS tracking stops. No AIS record of being in port at Aruba (but apparently had enough time to be there if indeed it was).
    3rd Jan 2011 track picks up heading in the opposite direction South Easterly, inbound to but passing Curacao, turning toward Kralendjik, Bonaire.
    AIS states: Destination: KRALENDIJK ETA: 2011-01-03 10:30 but actual AIS track shows it to be stuck midway

Current data, as I type (my time 3rd Jan 2011 4pm UTC)...
    AIS date/time 3rd Jan 9:55am UTC
    freewinds010320110955am.jpg
    30th Dec 2010 1205PM UTC
    freewinds123020101205pm.jpg
    30th Dec 2010 1205AM UTC
    freewinds123020101205am.jpg
    29th Dec 2010 0359PM UTC
    freewinds122920100359pm.jpg

Keep watching:
    FREEWINDS - 6810811 - Vessel's Details and Current Position
  29. Anonymous Member

30. OTBT Member

It seems we may have some confirmation that the Freewinds is indeed mucking around with their AIS tracker.

secretiveoldfag posted this over on OCMB, in the Org Patrol / Freewinds subforum:

Tracking: Last reported positions of the MV Freewinds

31. DeathHamster Member

Come Watson, the game is afloat!

Is this:
    • A common fuckup.
    • Davie's paranoia revved to the max.
    • They actually are up to something where they really don't want to be tracked.
  32. OTBT Member

heh heh. I vote it's the last 2.

Just to clarify, secretiveoldfag's tracking site should be in real time, and the webcam is definitely in real time.
  33. DeathHamster Member

Was the tracking site showing last known position, or was it actively showing Freewinds at Willemstad? (i.e. had they dismounted the tracker and had it running on the docks.)
  34. OTBT Member

Good question. I'll try to get a hold of secretiveoldfag over on OCMB for more info.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. OTBT Member

Replies from secretiveoldfag on OCMB

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=33319&start=15

36. Herro Member

Ok OTBT, I've really taken a liking to you recently (don't worry, I mean that in a totally gay way) so I'm really not trying to be rude by asking this. But do you honestly think that something fishy is going on here, or are you just hoping that there's something fishy going on here?
  37. OTBT Member

Don't worry, I tease you too. Yes, I suspect something fishy is actually going on with the Freewinds. I could be totally wrong. But evidence seems to suggest something fishy is going on.

Freewinds used to publish their sailing and docking schedules in their Freewinds magazine, up till a few years ago. Freewinds has made tentative plans in the last 2 years or so for ports she plans to visit, but frequently doesn't follow her own schedules. Lately, Freewinds has been making very long excursions to Colombia, and not very much to her longstanding home port schedules for the ABC islands.

You want dox? Read this (not written by me):

http://freewindstimelineupdated.wordpress.com/

This ^ document is extensively researched, with 3rd party supporting documents. It was recently turned into a blog, rather than a static research document. If you really want evidence of irregularities about Freewinds travels, please read that document.
  38. Enturbuleak Member

The answer appears to be YES, Freewinds turned off its AIS tracker.

tl;dr
    - Freewinds confirmed to be in Cartagena
    - Freewinds cannot be found in Cartagena on AIS, but other ships in Cartagena can be found using AIS tracking

nicO5th.png

Recent photos, placing Freewinds in Cartagena, Colombia:

uOQeCxl.png

6AgEI5M.png

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/tracking-of-the-freewinds.50634/page-21#post-2347317

Freewinds had a concert on board in Cartagena this week, photos and videos here:

hYFPjbk.png

http://www.pingram.me/tag/freewinds

But Freewinds cannot be found with AIS. You can verify for yourself. Go to

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?centerx=30&centery=25&zoom=2&level1=140

On the world map, click on zone 307

PGjqhqD.png

Cartagena pops up near middle of the screen. Search for Freewinds:

kuE25S0.png

So my question now is, why does Freewinds turn off its AIS tracking when in Colombia?
    • Like Like x 2
  39. RightOn Member

because maybe it isn't illegal there?