Customize

Disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker now selling buckets of potato soup on TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker now selling buckets of potato soup on TV

By Mark Frauenfelder, Boing Boing

Jim Bakker, the smarmy, sex-scandal embroiled, 1980s TV evangelist fraudster and ex-con who fleeced his followers for decades with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker, has a new gig: selling "creamy potato soup bulk buckets" to end-times preppers for $160. He's even got a big-haired. Tammy-Faye lookalike helping him pitch these buckets, too!

<snipped>

Following a 16-month Federal grand jury probe, Bakker was indicted in 1988 on eight counts of mail fraud, 15 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy. In 1989, after a five-week trial which began on August 28 in Charlotte, the jury found him guilty on all 24 counts, and Judge Robert Daniel Potter sentenced him to 45 years in federal prison and a $500,000 fine.

The article continues here:
    http://boingboing.net/2015/08/13/disgraced-televangelist-jim-ba.html
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

How did I miss this?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Disambiguation Global Moderator

jim_and_tammy_faye_bakker.jpg
    RIP Tammy, I had a soft spot for her, she was so earnest in drinking his koolaid.
  4. Random guy Member

He was a prick back then, apparently still is.
  5. RightOn Member

I watched it. I actually thought Tammy came off as a decent person in that show and my perspective of her changed, even though she was still a huge religious follower.
    I used to hate her along with Jimmy boy.

In the earlier days, many parodies were done of her on SNL of her mascara running down her face when she was crying. She was played by Jan Hooks, who passed away last year. A very talented comedian.

Tammy Faye died a horrendous death and suffered for a long time. Here is a clip of her last interview.
    She went out still touting her belief in God.

So Bakker is back to deceiving the public again.
    I thought this was joke? I still don't understand who would want or buy a bucket of soup? I actually aughed when I typed that.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DeathHamster Member

The worst part is that if you want to store it for long-term survival use, you have to repack it in something better than those buckets.

Might as well buy a bunch of flavored mash-potato mix, freeze-dried spices and herbs, and powdered milk. I bet it would taste better and be a hell of a lot cheaper.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. RightOn Member

yeah and you have to wonder why he starts coughing after he ladles it out of the bucket to take a taste. LOL!
    Not a great well to sell it, then again selling it out of a bucket is a pretty grose idea too.
  8. DeathHamster Member

Normally, you'd crack open the bucket full of mix and scoop out just enough for that day's soup. Making it in the bucket is just a gross gimmick.

http://fivegallonideas.com/long-term-food-storage/

You'd get damned tired of nothing but that in a hurry even if it tasted okay, so better store a stock of industrial-strength sauces too.

Or go to Costco:
    http://www.costco.com/9,687-Total-S...pply-By-Shelf-Reliance.product.100003177.html
    • Like Like x 2
  9. RightOn Member

"you can have parties while the world is coming apart" :confused:
    wow, he really said that.
    putting chocolate pudding on top of bread to make "morning cake" Or did he mean mourning cake?
    Holy sweet Xenu
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's an article that was published by Right Wing Watch the day before the first one in this thread:

Jim Bakker Advises Followers to Buy Horses Because God Is Pissed Off About Gay Marriage

You heard it here, straight from the horse's mouth (or ass).

Disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker, who has been out of the headlines since being shipped off to prison following the scandal that brought down his PTL ministries in the 1980s, is advising followers to buy horses in case God punishes America for accepting gay parents by shutting down the power grid, Right Wing Watch reports.

"If the grid goes down, you're going to be thankful to have a horse," he told viewers during segment of his daily TV show in which he interviewed with End Times preacher Rick Wiles.

According to Bakker, God is getting ready to punish America for with solar flares or an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack, for its "insane" policies on abortion and same-sex marriage.

"God's judgment is coming on not just America but on the world," Bakker said. "You cannot murder almost 70 million of our babies, you cannot take his word and turn it upside down, you cannot say that God didn't ordain a mom and a dad to have a baby and that will be called married."

Previously, RWW noted how Bakker regularly devotes part of his programming to prophesying doom and selling survivalist food supplies.

During the 2014 Ebola outbreak in Africa, Bakker warned of similar calamities.

"90-some percent of all Americans will be dead in less than a year" if such a breakdown occurs, you and your family will be secure if you take advantage of his special "time of trouble" offer to purchase packages containing between 91 and 273 desserts, including ice cream sandwiches, chocolates and pudding.

"Order your food, do it while there's yet time," he said in his sendoff message.

Source:
    http://www.edgeboston.com/news/news..._because_god_is_pissed_off_about_gay_marriage
    • Like Like x 2
  11. RightOn Member

If there is a God, Jim Baker would be the first he would take out. LOL!
    So he is scaring people into buying mountains of crap food.
    Just what God intended.
  12. amaX Member

i wonder if the soup is tasty?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

^^^ this! And.... does he using baker potatos?

Edit~ Just watched the video, omg, does he actually start frikken choking on his own crap? Lolololololol!

Just what everyone needs, 50 fucking pounds of slop, ugh.
  14. Ogsonofgroo Member

Came damned close to pissing myself laughing at this, STOP THAT!!! :p
  15. Creamy potato soup bulk buckets have produced exactly the same number of Dianetic 'Clears' and 'OT's' as L. Ron Hubbard's 'Tech'.

Clears and Ot's can save 100's of thousands of dollars slurping Jim Bakker's soup and achieve the same levels of enlightenment.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Ogsonofgroo Member

LMFAO Light! (my keyboard, you made me kill it...)

:D
    • Like Like x 2
  17. RightOn Member

but they don't want to save money. People like Grant Cardone and Duggan need moar shiny statues and awards. They also need to write off their enormous tax free "donations" from their taxes.
    And the other lowly sheeple who are selling their homes in order to buy more rungs on the ladder up the bridge to nowhere are only interested in one thing....KSW and hitting OTVIII.
    Nothing else matters.
    Besides, everyone knows that the creamy potato soup that he is selling is Christian Soup. The way God intended.
    You know they may sell more if they called it that. :confused:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DeathHamster Member

Potato soup, just like Jesus ate!

(Don't worry about that 1492 thing. Jesus had potato soup when he came to the Americas for his Mormon gig.)
    • Like Like x 3
  19. If he's chucking in eternal salvation for free, it's a great deal.

Golly gosh, I'd settle for a measly billion years salvation at those prices.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ersatz Global Moderator

Check out the store on the website. You can get duct tape for $100! My favorite is the Pizza Bucket. Who doesn't want a bucket of pizza? Yummy!
    http://jimbakkershow.com/lovegifts/
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  21. RightOn Member

20 year shelf life for real cheese? mmm mmm I trust that!
    If it does, it's only if you don't open it.
    I can't imagine the amount of chemicals in it.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Ersatz Global Moderator

Dominos is shaking in their shoes right about now.
  23. Ogsonofgroo Member

Pizza in a bucket? 'Real cheese'~ 20 year shelf life? Rapture-ready or what? 24 pizzas-o'-crap is worth 360$ (15 bucks buy a pretty good pizza up here, this, hmmmm)

Frikken bizarre shit right thar, love to see Mr. Baker choke down a piece of that pie! Come on Jimmy, you just know ya wanna!

Yuckerz-blech

Edit~ '.com/lovegifts/ ' ???? Orly? Like, um, 'I lerves you sho much honey, I bought you a bucket of 'pizza' '........ getting laid has never been so easy...

XP
    • Like Like x 1
  24. RightOn Member

I have hated this guy since he was with Tammy Faye.
    John Oliver or someone needs to do a whole segment on him and call this fool out.
    As ridiculous as he sounds with all this end of the world crap and YUMMY food, there are people who are buying this crap. I don't know who. He is using fear mongering to trick people into buying it. Yeah, I know buyer beware and "there is as sucker born every minute" all that, but people who are dumb as a fence posts should be protected from fools like this.
    The lulz is almost worth it, but no. I don't want to hear about some Grandmother taking all the money she has stuffed in a pickle jar and buying it for her grandkids to insure their survival when the world is ending.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Ogsonofgroo Member

No kiding RO, Baker is preying on the stupid, as he's always done. What a fucking shit-heel..... still.

Now, for a yummy 'bean-burger'. OOoooooo-ooooo, *barf*
  26. Ersatz Global Moderator

27. Ersatz Global Moderator

This one made me gag.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  28. RightOn Member

what no waffles? WTF???

Someone PLEASE call them and ask what happens to the shelf life of this delicious slop after you open it!!!!
    Also may want to ask if Jim Bakker will bless my buckets!
    AND PLEASE RECORD IT! LOL!!!

Oh il ike that!!
    BLESS MY BUCKETS!!!!!
    God damn it! whoops! sorry!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. DeathHamster Member

Best thing about this stuff is that once you've dumped it out, you have a bucket to throw up in.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. RightOn Member

ding ding ding! WINNER!
    What's the shelf life?
  31. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

33. DeathHamster Member

34. RightOn Member

BLESS MY BUCKETS!
    CAN I HAVE AN AMEN?
  35. Ersatz Global Moderator

AMEN
  36. RightOn Member

Bless you child.
    Your sins have been absolved.
    Now put on the feed bucket for some dern tasty 'tater soup!
  37. Hallel-eeew-jah!
  38. RightOn Member

You my friend deserve some chocolate puddin' to spread on your bread to make some delicious "morning cake".
    And party while the world is ending! PRAISE THE LORD!
    • Like Like x 1
  39. RightOn Member

I am really disappoint that there are no Rapture Waffles or End of Days Éclairs