Customize

DM a product of psychiatry??? New conspiracy theories in the Independent Movement.

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

A comment on Marty's blog:
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/shreff-sets-flag-maa-straight/#comment-219511
    Of course. Blame the psychs.
    • Funny Funny x 6
  2. afternon Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Amphetamines? For asthma? Not likely! Antihistamines, maybe, but amphetamines. Fucking scilons are so fucking stupid!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

To be fair, the comment was not by Marty. And I don't believe Marty endorses the truth and validity of every comment posted on his blog -- he allows some disagreement, particularly among commentators (as opposed to with himself). Nonetheless, it is perhaps significant that he (or the moderator on duty at the time) allowed the comment to be posted.
  5. Anonymous Member

I think OP has a point.
  6. afternon Member

Fair enough, but the poster really is a clueless clam! To blame anything bad that DM does on the "evil psyhcs" shows just how insane and ignorant they are. Miscavige is an example of exactly what happens when $cientology in the cult is applied, he's a tiny model of Hubbard- the same paranioa, with a craving for power and money, adoration and no idea what a twat he looks to the outside world!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I left the cult decades ago and I didn't even know who Marty was until I joined this board. I just come to this particular sector of the forum occasionally out of curiosity. Marty and his merry band of damaged goods never fail to impress me in a weird, sad sort of way.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ron B DED Member

9. fishypants Moderator

Well, yes.

It's far easier for them to blame Scientology's fictional enemies - SMERSH or whatever - than for them to blame Scientology itself, and question the thinking habits of (in some cases) decades.

That stuff is really difficult.

It's part of Scientology's teachings that if Scientology doesn't work, it's because You're Doing It Wrong. Hence the conclusion that Scientology's current problems must be down to the current leadership rather than the bogus 'technology' itself.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Anonymous Member

11. afternon Member

Yes, I get that, it just looks so dumb when someone actually writes it on a public forum. The cult- think is really very fucked up, it's not surprizing that so many culties keep dieing- they have so much faith in the "tech" that they choose it over scientifically validated medical care and basic healthy living.

The cult-think is deeply damaging to those trapped within it, it actually robs them of any control over their own life and puts them totally at the mercy of whatever bullshit the cult feeds them- at great cost, of course.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Internetzin Member

Actually he is the product of a zygote and a gamete fusing thereby creating an embryo. That thar be true science tech in action!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

You can not make this stuff up.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dear (in-)dependant Scientologists, if your brains weren't so numbed by the buzz of the cans, you might be dangerous. Please never change.
    -love C.E.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

I wish the Scientologists wouldn't be so negative about amphetamines. They really help me remain awake during the day. Caffeine doesn't work nearly as well, plus it makes me shaky and nervous.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Internetzin Member

Caffiiene,Me too, especially when combined with over the net bought weight loss supps ( not krustys) rolling panic attacks kept on bloody rolling, never again
  17. fishypants Moderator

All true, of course.

It's a basic human cognitive bias, to have a deep reluctance to give up belief which are deeply held, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. Not unique to Scientology, though Scientology exploits it in a particularly nasty way.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. Clusterdux Member

I'd say that the consequences of admitting a belief is false are more important then the strength of the belief.

If a long time cultie would admit to himself that Scn is dangerous and false it would also mean admitting that:
    - They have wasted a good part of their lives.
    - They have done damage to others.
    - Their feeling of being brighter then others has no basis.
    - They gave lots of their hard earned money(and/or labour) to a bad cause.
    Admitting all that stuff all at once is too much for most folks (to big of a self-esteem hit), so they will fit themselves in some in-between state of cognitive dissonance where they can celebrate the small stuff they did gain from Scn while having someone else to blame for the bad stuff.

I'd say the best way for a cultie to fully unglue from Scn is to be made aware of other deception schemes so they see that they:
    - Happen all the time
    - Hook onto the emotions, needs and urges that everyone has (to some degree).
    - Can hit even the brightest people (IQ is distinct from social intelligence, you can be an epic engineer and still fall for a ponzi)
    - Vary from small (confidence tricks) to really big (false flag ops)
    Once someone sees they don't have to be uniquely stupid to be taken for a ride by someone, it becomes easier to admit being a victim because the self-esteem hit is less severe.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

I agree. Somehow coming to grips with your own failure to recognize truth from indoctrination is the hardest part of being freed. It's humiliating.
    Any advice on how to ease the humiliation?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

"It's ok to have doubts" helps.
  23. anonamus Member

24. I guess you need to learn to appreciate that coming back from being brainwashed got you some valuable life experiance.
    Also if you freely admit to your (former) friends/family that you were wrong and are sorry, you'll usually get respect, nor ridicule. The lack of this is the nr1 reason why Marty and Mike are so unlikable IMHO, the fuckers never admitted that what they were dong for Scn was wrong.
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

Miscavige made them dong with Black Dianetics. Elron's original vision was for them to be pussy.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Who says a Scilon (of any stripe) has to believe everything he says?

If you wanted to DA DM to other Scilon's, how would you go about it? Accusations of psych contamination just might do the job.