Customize

DM's New Strategy - CASH IS KING

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2013.

1. HellRazor Member

That's small change. I'm wondering who has the six-figure salaries or payoffs - RTC board members? I would think that they are the ones who have the power (at least on paper or in theory) to oust Davey if they see their income jeopardized by his incompetence. Who are the big shareholders of the Scientology corporations? Is Davey really the sole proprietor?
  2. HellRazor Member

I wonder if the profit margin on books and DVDs is better than the profit margin on auditing/training/courses? If so, that may be why there's an emphasis on the former rather than the latter.

The emphasis on donations and IAS memberships would fit the "Gross Cash as prime metric" theory.

Are outer orgs still useful if they donate up to become Ideal mOrgs? Would the donations and real estate add to CoS cash and assets?

Is there a tax advantage for the outer orgs to actually lose money?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RightOn Member

who said they had shareholders?
  4. DeathHamster Member

Where do the funds for money on account and Idle Org donations sit?

If money on account is with the central organization, turning it into earned money would flow some money and commissions back to the outer orgs and decrease Davie's piggy bank.

Turning Idle Org donations into an Idle Org building shouldn't make much difference, since that asset belongs to the central organization. They do seem strangely willing to sit on properties for over seven years and let them crumble in the process. Actually opening one does probably generate a very short term dead cat bounce of sales, but don't see how they'll change even Miscavige's simple numbers in the long term.

As for taxes, if they don't pay any taxes in the first place, they don't need write-offs.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

The Scientology enterprise consists of a bunch of privately owned corporations. Corporations have shareholders.
  6. Anonymous Member

Charitable organizations don't.
  7. Quentinanon Member

Lawyers. Lawyers. Lawyers.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lawyer%20cat.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RolandRB Member

Could it be because he holds their signed but undated resignation letters?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. John P. Member

I think Miscavige is trying to keep Flag going partly, as you say, because it drags other services along with it like accommodations. Of course, the blowback is that public stay away from Flag because they know they'll be regged ruthlessly, so it becomes a diminishing spiral, especially when people start realizing that they have to go to Flag for just about everything. If I understand it correctly, OT 7's have to go to Flag every six months for sec checking at their own expense, and it can often take years to do that level. I have talked to some recent ex's who say that they stayed away from Flag at all costs

It is possible, though it is speculative on my part to suggest this, that Miscavige sweeps the cash balance out of the orgs because he is paranoid about it being embezzled out from underneath him. Separately, I think Miscavige is engaging in a classic retreat -- he killed the mission holders because he couldn't control them, back in the 1980s. Now he's killing the outer orgs because he can't control them either.

Miscavige is such a control freak that he basically killed off the flow of people in the door because he can't control how the staff "disseminates" Scientology -- one of the key "features" of Ideal Orgs is the rafts of video screens that show the canned Golden Era videos. And apparently, given the testimonies of some of the people who have wandered into Orgs lately, the staff are apparently not too well motivated to answer questions, to check up on people seeing how they're doing, etc. Once the prospective member is shown the video, many report that they basically sort of just wander out because they're uncertain what to do next. An extreme case of too much control ending up delivering approximately zero results.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. DeathHamster Member

On changing money on account to earned money...

From the nuked ASHO site, Auditing as a Career:
    It seems that commissions aren't paid until the course/training/auditing is actually done. If DM is already counting money on account as being in his piggy bank, then handing out commissions would be a dead loss.

And if the org has already spent the money, then they'll have to scrape that commission up from somewhere, like the toilet paper fund.
    • Like Like x 2