Customize

Does this mean my Tor relay isn't working?

Discussion in 'Help Iran Online' started by Zeta Metroid, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Zeta Metroid Member

When I'm starting up the Tor relay, at one point I'll get the message "Please forward ports 9001 on your router, or put in your router's DMZ if you are running this on a dedicated server or virtual machine. If your router supports uPNP, press enter to automatically forward ports."

Does that mean it isn't working? If so, how can I fix that? I don't quite understand what it's saying :p
  2. ech0 Member

While Tor is turned OFF
    Go to this web address and see what IP address it shows:
    What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

Then turn ON Tor
    Go to this web address and see what IP address it shows:
    What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

If they are different, then Tor is working properly.

If they are the same, then Tor isn't working properly. Since it's a bit of a pain in the rear, let's cross that bridge if it's necessary. (You will need to download your user manual for your router as directions will vary).
  3. Zeta Metroid Member

My bad

Nah, I'm not using for anonymity, I'm running the relay...sorry for not stating that, my mistake :p
  4. ech0 Member

If you have a switch (a box with multiple ethernet/cat-5 connections) you will have too look up directions for your specific model.

Find you manufacture's website & do a search for the manual on your specific model.

Or you can post your model here & I will look up your manual for you.
  5. Zeta Metroid Member

:-D

I solved it, thanks for your help!