Customize

Doxing Racists and Getting them Fired

Discussion in 'Anonymous News' started by suri cruise, Dec 1, 2014.

?

How do you feel about doxxing racists and/or getting them fired?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2014.
Agree wholeheartedly 7 vote(s) 53.8%
Support it, but not on WWP 2 vote(s) 15.4%
Do not support. Definitely not on WWP. OP is a faggot. 4 vote(s) 30.8%
Other, respond below 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. suri cruise Member

I've never used this sock to post a thread. Most of you know me by another long-time handle.

http://racistsgettingfired.tumblr.com/tagged/gotten

http://racistsgettingfired.tumblr.com/
    Someone started a Tumblr that is doxing people who spew vile, racist invective publicly through their social media accounts. The doxing information used to ID the racists is only what is publicly available online, and mostly posted by the account holders themselves, so it's primarily an effort powered by Google-Fu and screenshots. Nothing illegal, and no hacking. In addition to the doxing, supporters are contacting employers to inform them of their employees' bigoted public remarks. Private employers are under no obligation to respect free speech rights, and they can/will act if that speech harms the company or the company's image. Public employers also have grounds to act on employees' speech in circumstances like these (see here.) Firings have resulted, along with some lulzy apologies - that is, if you enjoy Schadenfreude. (Here's a good one.)

The blog has picked up tens of thousands of followers in just a few days. It's already been written about by Business Insider and other mainstream media, most of whom have republished names and other personal information of fired racists.

I'm using a sock to post this thread because I support (EDIT: in theory, not yet in practice) the activities of this Tumblr, but I also know that doxing goes against WWP's current policies. (Yes, current policies - I remember when we used to dox people right and left.) I have been, at times, under the impression that this rule applied only to fellow anons, but at other times, it has seemingly applied to everyone, as Sue's quote below suggests.

From Sue's Rules thread:

I've posted a poll because I am interested in the opinions of this community regarding this Tumblr's activities (doxing racists by legal means with the information they themselves posted publicly, and/or acting further to inform their employer). Feel free to respond below, as well.
  2. Whatever you do folks, don't search this forum for Schadenfreude to see who enjoys using that word the most.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. suri cruise Member

4. Hugh Bris Member

Is this group targeting Harry Reid? If not, why not?. Reid is one of the best known racists in the country.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/11/game-change-authors-call_n_418427.html

Reid's remarks in his home state were his first in public since the weekend disclosure that he had described Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a light-skinned African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." Those reflections appear in a new book, "Game Change," by Time magazine's Mark Halperin and New York magazine's John Heilemann.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anon8109 Member

What happened to free speech and defending people's right to be idiots?

Intimidating people into silence is not the right way to proceed.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. suri cruise Member

I believe in free speech. That doesn't mean I believe that people should be immune to the social consequences that might arise from that speech. If one finds that one's employer no longer wishes to associate as a result of one's public comments, then one should learn to temper one's public comments.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. anon8109 Member

I don't think you do. You believe in a restricted form where people who anonymously express unpopular or reprehensible thoughts should be outed and made to suffer for expressing their thoughts.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. If you use the n word in any form I'd kick your ass myself. If someone wants to show people who you are I have no problem with that. Free speech is also freedom to get your ass kicked. Welcome to the real world.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. If you want to be a bully be prepared for some payback.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. meep meep Member

If you say shit and get caught you can stand by it or apologize. That's part of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech does not mean avoiding consequences.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Adjective Member

Very true.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Raven Eyes wants to get in on targeting white people.
    That's what that site is all about.
    Black racists aren't on that menu.
    eyeball
    This message by eyeball has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  14. Make a website and out them then...we'll see how that goes....
  15. Maybe some people on here need to get a history lesson on Civil Rights and White Privilege. Sure seems like it to me.
    • Like Like x 2

16. Not buying into "white guilt" anymore.
    No more.
  17. astilba90 Member

18. astilba90 Member

Reading this , this morning, is the ONLY thing that has made me happy inside since the Grand Juries of both Missouri and New York have proven themselves to be "good germans", or worse. Yeah, free speech, well, free speech also has consequences. Keep it up and expose these awful people. Hit em where it hurts.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. astilba90 Member

xactly
  20. Ersatz Global Moderator

Please stay on topic. If you would like to discuss politics please start another thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/04/journey-for-justice_n_6271170.html

As they marched from Ferguson to Jefferson City, Missouri protesters were met with an ugly sight.
    From the Columbia Missourian:
    About 200 people met the marchers as they reached Rosebud around noon, activists said. A display of fried chicken, a melon and a 40-ounce beer bottle had been placed in the street. A Confederate flag flew. Counter-protestors shouted racial epithets.
    One of the counter-protesters was a young boy with a sign that said "go home."
    The group was traveling as part of the "Journey for Justice" march organized by the NAACP.
    This is just the latest example of the vicious and sometimes violent opposition Ferguson protesters have faced.
    Last week, video surfaced of a car driving through Ferguson protesters in Minneapolis, running over at least one person.
    Then on Wednesday, another man allegedly drove through a group of protesters in St. Louis and then waved his gun at them.
    These incidents are in addition to what many have called the overly aggressive, arbitrary and abusive interactions that protesters and reporters experienced in the lead up to the grand jury's decision not to indict officer Darren Wilson in the killing of Michael Brown.
  22. Anonymous Member

Something in the wires...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/...cists-says-4chan-hackers-are-hunting-for-her/

Blogger who exposes social media racists says 4chan hackers are ‘hunting’ for her

Are you Internet savvy, with an interest in exposing racists to consequences, and willing to work for free? There is a job opening you may be interested in.

The moderator of “Racists Getting Fired” says she’s ready to give up control of her Tumblr blog shortly after its launch after receiving threats to reveal her personal information online.

The woman, who has not revealed her name, shares screen shots of racist comments and images posted on social media, along with contact information for the person’s employer, and urges followers to lodge complaints.

She posted the apologies of several of these racists who were fired or suspended from their jobs, along with statements of apology from employers who were contacted by the blog’s followers.

Racists Getting Fired attracted nearly 40,000 followers in a matter of days, along with about 15,000 submissions in the first eight hours of its existence – apparently proving comedian Chris Rock’s quip in the aftermath of the grand jury decision on the Ferguson police shooting.

[More at the link...]
    • Like Like x 1
  23. astilba90 Member

If you open your mouth, which you are free to do, it doesn't mean there are no consequences. I like the idea, and am currently doing my best to find posts and expose them.
  24. 259

Go watch the most recent speech given by Louis Farrakhan.
    Probably somewhere on YouTube.
  25. Does this apply to black racists too?
  26. 688

Maybe.
  27. And it also doesn't mean that you have the right to not be offended by said speech.
  28. Having just read the free speech bit on the constitution I have an important issue I'd like to address for the concern of my fellow americans(no cap intended) Every day of my life I hear black people say nigger nigger nigger repeatedly. I hear them call me cracker, white boy, cliff, and anything else simpleminded retards can come up with. How come niggers get to say nigger AND throw racist remarks at white people and we can't retort? The country I was born in is DEAD Guys, this REALLY is a piece of shit country. Adolph Hitler's plan is still in motion right here in the hillbilly states of america. I hope I'm still alive when the white house is taken over by the lovely chinaman
  29. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Derails moved to the Dome.
  30. Berserker101a Member

Hopefully. All racism is bad, no matter who it is directed too or by whom.
    • Like Like x 2