Customize

Draw Mohammad Day 2011 - a protest for freedom of expression.

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Anonymous, May 17, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anon Gin Member

don't you have anything else to do?
    Is South Park your only entertainment?
    'TFOH
  3. Anon Gin Member

oh by the way, NYPA
  4. Anonymous Member

reported

can we have a date

want to log into fucking facebook
  5. Anon Gin Member

I'm currently dating ya mum, then we gonna have a South Park movie
    Do u want to report it too?

DIAF
  6. Anonymous Member

http://www.facebook.com/pages/2nd-A...-May-20th-2011/119371148108513?_fb_noscript=1

2nd Annual Draw Muhammad Day May 20th 2011

2nd Annual Draw Muhammad Day May 20th 2011

View attachment safe_image.php?d=6f46f7b96efe378582de2d4bb4e01888&

Sam - Cartoonist Molly Norris marked for death by Islamic site
    samturgeson.livejournal.com
    The notorious, Everybody Draw Mohammad Day, was initiated by the Seattle cartoonist Molly Norris. Now an Islamic terrorist group has put a hit out Norris. Norris conceived “Everybody Draw Muhammad Day” as a Facebook-fueled protest for free speech in response to Comedy Central censorship of a South...
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

9. I'll pencil it in my diary.
  10. Herro Member

I still remember the southpark debacle. I assumed that the censorship was intentional, part of the joke. Then I realized it was legit and had an ironygasm.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

Yay, draw muhammad day!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fap fap fap fap fap
  13. Anonymous Member

EVERY day should be draw whatever the fuck you want day. I thought that was the point of the first one.
  14. I am honestly surprised nobody made an edit of that south park episode, replacing the bear suit with a Pedobear suit....
    Or maybe I was too busy sucking cock to search youtube efficiently?
  15. Anonymous Member

International mock Mohammad day part 2 huh? Can we haz more diversity? Its clearly religious discrimination to not include Jesus and Moses in the picture.
  16. Ann0nkittehz Member

I agree

Someone should draw them all in a cluster fuck.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Jesus and Moses get mocked all the time. On SouthPark, Jesus is a talk Show host and Moses has been turned into the Master Control Program from Tron. One can mock them all they want without fear of anything worse than someone writing "tsk tsk" on a blog.

The Draw Muhammad thing is a reaction to attempts to block freedom of speech (with threats of violence) using blasphemy as the reason. This naturally bristles people who support free speech. The more people react to this...the more it will happen, though.
    I know people who 100% support Muslims in the U.S. having the same religious freedom rights as all other religious groups enjoy in U.S., and hate the stupid "anti-sharia" laws being advocated in some states. But these same people will not abide being told they cannot draw Muhammad because someone said so. People have the right to draw Muhammad and Muslims have the right to say they don't like it. But it is not illegal and does not justify any threats of violence.

I am not opposed to drawing Jesus and Moses either. But there is no reason to have a special day for it because no one is trying to block it.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

Freedom of expression is core to the very notion of being able to protest for your rights.The right to ask questions and expect answers and to be able to disagree should be a fundamental right of all people protected from religious or state imposed sanction.

This is not about religious bigotry, it is about freedom of expression. This all started because of a major fuss made by some religious extremists over a cartoon depicting Mohammad last year, as a result there was a massive world wide protest of Mohammad drawings. See video for more details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DiJ_Z6-ic

FYI - I am an atheist but I respect the rights of others to believe what they want. My objections are with the abuses perpetrated by organised religions (churches) against individuals and the people and the imposition of dogma on the masses regardless of origin. that would include imposed atheism too.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. AnonyVix Member

Huh, posted Anonymously - not intentional.
  20. Anonymous Member

looking forward to it
  21. حمید Member

I do not think you can call that "freedom of expression" by limiting it to "Draw Mohammad Day 2011 - a protest for freedom of expression."
  22. anonymous612 Member

I have no idea what you meant to say there but it didn't quite translate.
  23. Anonymous Member

24. حمید Member

freedom of expression is the originality in the expression. once it is limited to a certain expression, it is then just a competition in a certain subject.
  25. Anonymous Member

No.
  26. حمید Member

Try to be as unique as unique. You will earn uniqe respect to no one else's uniqe expression.
  27. Anonymous Member

What's the difference between "allah" & "mohammad" ?

Then there's the dude that went down the well, but I forget his name.
  28. anonymous612 Member

Can't tell if being sarcastic.

But just in case, Allah is to God as Mohammed is to Jesus. Minus that whole virgin birth thing. More like Allah is to God as Mohammed is to Moses.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

Not being sarcastic. I dunno the difference until your generous explanation. Ethereal dude vs. humanoid dude. Got it. Thank you.
  30. anonymous612 Member

yeah, Mohammed's just the prophet, not the god.
  31. حمید Member

I am not good at this and not very sure about it but I think a Religion defined as noun, is the prophetic scriptures from a mighty through a Prophet.
    That means a Religon has a mighty, a prophet and a book, otherwise as noun it is defined a faith.
    That means the mighty can be regarded as, God, Allah, Khoda, Ahura...
    and the prophet as, Jesus, Muses, Mohammad,Zarathushtra.....
    and the books as, Bible, Torah, Quran, Avesta.....
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

Thank you! It's all become much clearer now, and the drugs have kicked in.
  33. anonymous612 Member

Absurd. There are multiple religions without prophets, multiple religions without gods, and many many religions without a traditional holy book. Don't confuse the "Religions of the Book", as Islam/Christianity/Judaism are referred to, as the only ones that are considered religions.
  34. حمید Member

That much uncertain I was not!
    There is a difference between a belief, Religion, faith, and isms
    but it is the defination which defines them.
  35. anonymous612 Member

TL;DR, that much uncertain you are!
  36. Anonymous Member

Right, have it on the 20th. One day before all the doodle head xians skidaddle up to heaven with their heads still attached. What kind of fun is that?
    • Like Like x 1
  37. حمید Member

Frankly speaking my dear, I don't give a damn.
    But as I see what you have writen are some parts of what I have mentioned about religion and faith to insist on some details branching them.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

Dude, what's your nickname in Latin letters? Most of us can't read Arabic. [Is it Arabic or Persian?]
  39. the anti Member

looking at google translator... Hamid
  40. حمید Member

Those letters are common in some more languages other than Arabic and Persian. They are also pronounced the same in many dialects not having gramatical structure. Its is in latin letters written mostly as Hamid and some time Hameed. I do not know how do you see it but I see it as a combination of numbers, latin letters and signs.