Customize

Draw Muhamed day megathread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

[IMG]

TEEHEE
  2. veravendetter Member

great, but what's bugging me is the nature of your game! ;~)
  3. veravendetter Member

Re: Pakistan Bans Facebook to Block Muhammad Caricature Group

in b4 anyone who gives a fuck

also, what goosh goosh said
  4. Anonymous Member

1. Grab pencil
    2. Draw Muhammad
    3. ???
    4. Prophet!
    [/LIST]
  5. veravendetter Member

sharialawmuslim.jpg
  6. Anonymous Member

Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day: May 20th

<3 <3 <3
  7. the anti Member

yeah, fucked up nose

[IMG]
  8. veravendetter Member

the facebook ANTI page is loltastic. they bite like sharks in the discussion topics, then delete all your posts!!! (they were not overtly inflammatory) says it all really
  9. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

....what?
  10. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

I need more photos of fat naked women.
  11. veravendetter Member

dunno how my post was confusing but . . . facebook has a page that is 'anti' the mo drawings page. on it they have discussion topics. i joined in these topics, stating my position in a measured and clear way. others opposed my viewpoint vehemently and then proceeded to delete my posts on said discussion thread. i found it amusing and indicative of their attitude to stifle any contrary opinions.
  12. Crappy Member

Reading through the various threads is very amusing. Someone even stated:

13. Puddin_Tame Member

xD4Lt.png
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Crappy Member

The most popular Facebook event of Draw Muhammad Day has mysteriously disappeared...
  16. veravendetter Member

ooooooohh. they're all so fun and shiny, i can't pick one!
  17. Anonymous Member

Mine:

312wo5d.jpg
  18. FreakE420 Member

Has anything or anyone blown up yet?
  19. Shinythings Member

I fucking love this girl!
  20. Shinythings Member

Hey guise, people says Pakistan has just banned youtube and facebook:

21. Anon123456 Member

22. Lorelei Member

I love you, too. <3

I even love the butthurt cretin who shooped my sketch, because that was funny. <3

So, Pakistan banned some social networking sites? Awesome. That's going to mean a lot fewer fractured English rants complaining that freedom of speech--especially satire and parody--is hateful and bad. Alas, their freedom of speech to complain about other people's freedom of speech has been taken away. Seems self-defeating, to me.
  23. Anon123456 Member

"If Facebook and other such tools continue to be used for blasphemy by the Western nations, then we will target their embassies," said Faisal Javed, 21.
  24. Lorelei Member

When did Facebook get an embassy?

I bet it has a sign over the doorbell: Press here to *be a fan* of our embassy.
  25. Anonymous Member

O
    -|-
    / \

Muhammad
  26. pingouin Member

27. veravendetter Member

this perfectly highlights one aspect of the hypocrisy i find surrounding this issue. my stance on this has been challenged many times by IRL friends who have some PC ghosts in the attic. they usually end up accepting my points but say that i am generalising muslims into one group (something i can understand but still refuse to accept), but this quote takes it to a new level! THE WHOLE WESTERN WORLD is responsible and will pay!
    i realise this is the reaction one would expect from this source, but once this quote, and anything i may add to counter it, enters the PC environment i mentioned, they are judged by different standards which end up being condescending to muslims. it's almost as if my comments are judged with a 'you should know better' attitude, while those of the contrary view are often softened with talk of social context, nurture, religious upbringing etc. to me all these apologetics boil down to, 'yeah, they're taking it too far, but they don't know any better'.
    i have social/cultural influences too, but why is it taken as given that i should be intelligent enough to think freely for myself and analyse an issue, while footsoldier Faisal Javed (and his ilk) are permitted to lounge in their reactionary hammocks, no-one daring to rock it lest they be branded racist/hater/bigot

sorry for wall o' text
  28. Lorelei Member

Faisal and friends should learn to do what many offensensitive Xtian groups do: pray for the infidels and congratulate themselves that while they get to go to heaven for being awesome Xtians, all the haters are going straight to hell.

Smugness is annoying, but it has no body count.

My favourite whiny comments follow this basic pattern:
    "All infidels who say that Muslims are violent should be [hurt, maimed or killed via an act of violence]." (Behead those infidels who say we aren't down with peace. Those infidel fuckers, rubbing their freedom of speech right in our faces. That's not right. We are totally peaceful, and we will smack any bitch up and burn their stuff up if anyone dares say otherwise.)

The Muslims I know are pretty awesome people, and they just shake their heads over this stuff...and look depressed on a regular basis.
  29. Puddin_Tame Member

just a bit curious, because i see so many in this thread who have been awfully averse to being mocked in the past.....

....exactly what is the difference here between you getting butthurt over being insulted here, and you aiming at muslims by making fun of their dude? i'm talkin bout the muslims who are just going to feel bad, not the ALALALALALALALALA-kill-you ones.

why so hypocrite?
  30. Anonymous Member

hai guiz i drew muhammad on a bathroom wall
  31. Esther Rogers Member

Probably because most moderate Muslims support the extremist Muslims who get all bent out of shape over Mo (PBUH) having his image depicted.

A few of my neighbors are quiet, moderate, progressive Muslims. They explained to me that Muslims and Non Muslims do not have the right to depict his image, because it is idolatry.

Muslims have more rights than infidels, according to Islam. If Muslims cannot depict Mo, then non Muslims certainly do not have right to depict Mo.

Oh HAI mods, I'm not making this up.
  32. Anonymous Member

2rc0ro4.jpg.png
  33. Anonymous Member

Muslims are just not allowed to draw any prophet as another anon said, it will begin to fall under idol worship. He was just a messenger, that is all we believe.

Whilst i and possibly a few other muslim anons aren't too happy with this all, freedom of speech and all, do what you wish. Many religions have extremists, Islam is just a much larger religion than most so has a tad more.

Just as a small request, possibly keep the "art" to this thread and not start posting it all over WWP as some are doing.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Gobias Member

is anon behind this? i think its bout time we stick it to their faces, we have a right to speech, whether they like it or not..
  36. Esther Rogers Member

Hello, thank you for posting.

I'm using an obscure sock, for obvious reasons.

I was clearly told by my Muslim neighbors that non Muslims have less rights than Muslims.

Do you wish to comment?

I was told by my Muslim neighbors that Islam is the only true religion, and is therefore higher in status in God / Jesus / Jehovah's eyes than other religions.

Do you wish to comment?

>>> Hey mods, please don't Dome this, my questions are on topic and serious.
  37. Anonymous Member

Your tolerance is commendable. If you find this 'art' elsewhere on wwp please use the report post feature, mods have said that Draw Mo day should be restricted to this thread or the dome.
  38. Anonymous Member

This statement comes dangerously close to the edge in my mind, I think you're forgetting that there is a great diversity amongst Muslims. Interrogating a Muslim who has come in here and spoken with respect is pretty fucking misguided if you ask me.
  39. Puddin_Tame Member

to the edge of WHAT?
  40. Anonymous Member

Depends entirely on what type of Muslim, just as Christianity has protestants and Catholics, Islam has its own sects. All people have the same rights, whether they are Muslim, Jewish or atheists. Stating that someone has less rights than others would lead one to believe that you have the power to state that, meaning you place yourself on a higher pedestal to others, perhaps even think you are some kind of god. It is not up to us to state who is better or who has more rights, that is for God to choose, we just follow the rules that our religion gives us.

As for the second statement, don't the follow of each religion think that their religion if the true religion? I do believe that Islam is the true religion, hence why i follow it, however it is not up to me to state whether other religions are true or not. To me, Christianity, Islam and Judaism are just different paths up a mountain.