Customize

Draw Muhamed day megathread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

The edge of being bigoted.
  2. Anonymous Member

mdtrend2.jpg
  3. Esther Rogers Member

Thank you for replying to my questions. I'm not being facetious.

Regarding my first statement, I am very, very loosely religious, after studying various religions for decades. Yes, I really am an old fart.

Regarding my second statement, I tend to lump together all religions that believe in the Torah / Old Testament as different offshoots or branches of the same tree. Yes, each of the 3 major Torah splinter groups tend to think of themselves as the only true religion. That was a trick question, you handled it quite well.
  4. Puddin_Tame Member

what are you, a fucking moron?
  5. Zak McKracken Member

my contribution:

prophet.png

Bonus: This drawing also illustrates the true name of god.
  6. Zak McKracken Member

alternate version for our overseas visitors who might have image hosts blocked due to inappropriate content:

7. Anonymous Member

Yes, and so fat that if we tried to do the horizontal mombo you and I together would probably form a singularity that would eat the world.
  8. Anon123456 Member

so am i an infidel or a zionist? or both? if i walked down the street in pakistan how long would it take for me to end up infront of a flag with two armed men standing beside me?

sorry if i offend you but i find islamic duality sickning. rioting in the streets screaming we are peaceful with an AK-47 in their hand. I know all muslims are not that way but why arent they standing up and denouncing the militant behavior? the extremists are making all of this "peaceful" religion look like global troublemakers. why not stone the troublemakers like they do to rape victims? seems fair right?

this is my opinion.

this thread needs more mo
  9. Anonymous Member

Define "tad"
  10. anonymous612 Member

ffs I can't keep track of where this thread is anymore.
  11. Anonymous Member

If i were to walk around some parts of America or Europe, how long would it take for me to be beaten up for being a muslim? One can protest all they want, but as it is a corrupt government, nothing can be done to stop extremists groups within the country.

Why aren't christians or jewish people standing up to protest against attrocities in Palestine? Chechnya? Korea?

As stated before, there are different groups of muslims, the two main one's being Sunii and Shiaa, the larger being the first, the one's who seem to have the power being the latter. The Shiaa have a huge hatred towards the Sunii because they believe that Mohammed (pbuh) shouldn't have been a prophet, rather someone else they choose.

The west invading and such hasn't helped politics in an already tense area either. Just one thing i would want people to understand is that Islam is a very large religion, something like 1.2 billion followers, just because a small percentage are radicals and give the majority a bad name, does not mean all muslims are like that.

Or am i wrong and do all Jewish people invade Palestine and do all Christians wear chainmail, have a red cross on a shirt and go off crusading every weekend?
  12. Anonymous Member

thank you.
    I didn't think I was going to like this thread. I expected to be insulted or at least disgruntled.

But instead of biting criticism and witty cruel commentary that stabs at the still-bloody corpse of a dying social/religious phenomenon, all we really get are trolls biting eachother. Unsurprisingly, aiming for the crotch region.

"Anonymous are anti-religious bigots" what?
    y'all tamer than cubby.

carry on
  13. Anonymous Member

I'm gonna pipe up on this one and ask have you ever visited a Muslim country, especially less developed one (you know, the ones that Fox news keeps the stock footage of)?

See, it's really easy for us in our comfy western homes to say "I would speak out if I were you" and mean it literally, but it's not quite so easy for many moderate Muslims. Many live in total fear under the regimes of those who use the religion as a tool for control (sound familiar? See europe when it was at similar stages of development). Speaking out against radicals in this case puts you in the same category as those who speak out against the government.

About 2% of the population at any given moment will have the strength to publicly speak out against an atrocity, even in western countries. When your main concern is finding bread for your family, I'm sure that number is even less.

Radicalized religion is not acceptable to me, but neither is the assumption that because the moderates don't speak out that somehow makes them less worthy as human beings compared to those of us who live the most lavish lifestyle the world has ever known.
  14. Anon123456 Member

i never said they were less worthy and i do understand your point. but my point is when someone says car bomb whats the first thing you think? radical muslim. its not my fault that that is the first thought. the moderates need to find a way to shake the stigma of their radical brethren. for them to say" but its not all of us" is not cutting it anymore. the "draw mohamed day" was not brought on by westeners. It was brought on by their own intolorance an propensity to commit violence. when they act the way they act both radical and moderate the world will view it and react accordingly. when they fly a fuckin plane into a building you have one half of the religion saying " hey that wasnt us" and the other half screaming " death to infidels"

is islam peaceful? depends who you listen to.
  15. Anonymous Member

Flying a plane into a building? People still believe that? LAWL
  16. Anonymous Member

Indeed some do.
    Were you unaware of that?
    Or do you disregard because the data isn't useful to your conclusions?

At a risk of becoming a bigot myself, I'd like to offer this caution:
    you misrepresent the beliefs and traditions of the Shiaa / Sunii most dangerously. If you're trying to defend one or either of these and are not simply trollan, go back and review your history. IMO, you sound like a Scientologist.
  17. Anon123456 Member

Figure of speech, we all know it was a vast conspiracy by goerge bush to go to war in iraq and have thousands of our soldiers killed so that jaheeb can beat his wife in peace. lulz
  18. Anonymous Member

woah woah woah woah woah, some? Some muslims speak out too brother. I think in this case the poster was speaking to the concept of 'enough that something gets done', as we are implying the same to them.

In both cases a minority speak out the rest just go about their business.
  19. Puddin_Tame Member

finally, a cause i can support
  20. Anonymous Member

First thing that comes to mind:

717mcveigh.jpg
  21. Anon123456 Member

that was a truck, i said car.
  22. Anonymous Member

Well then,
    please update your original statement:

When someone says "car bomb" first thing that comes to my mind is the quoted pix. If Radical Muslims want people to think of them first, they need more iconic and memorable images of their failure.
  23. Anon123456 Member

if thats the first thing that comes to your mind you may want to take a look at the news once in a while. either that or you are trying to hard to be politically correct.

either way you missed my point. My point was about perception and the need for them to change it.

PS: Type "car bomb" into google news and you tell me who is doing it.
  24. Re: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day: May 20th

That one is fucking awesome, I really love your drawing style!
  25. Anonymous Member

Was someone talkin 'bout Chechnya in this thread?

1274228547557.jpg
  26. zebrafaced Member

Fuck it.

9ixy5h.jpg
  27. Relyt Member

I thought the point of "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" should have been to send a message to those violent, fist-pumping, shouting Muslims of the eastern theocracies, that threatening others' right to freely express themselves is not only looked down upon, but will only serve to separate them further from the rest of the world and be disrespected for their actions. I think it's great that many Muslims are peaceful individuals, and I think it's even better when they very vocally condemn the actions of the violent extremists.

"Draw Muhammad Day" has been a fun experience for me... to be able to use my artistic ability to express myself in a peaceful and non-threatening manner. But to be shot back at with anger and the threat of violence... is only helping to prove our point. How they can continue to act this way and demand that the rest of the world respect them, I will never understand.
  28. Anonymous Member

Attention everyone in this thread who thinks they are actually doing something that matters or standing up for free speech: You are fucking retarded and are worthless cunts who are doing nothing important.

To everyone doing this for shits and gigs: Cary on.
  29. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

It's pointless to argue with a muslim if we cannot get past the words in the Quran.

By definition, a muslim is not allowed to disregard what it says in this book.

These quotes are directly from the Quran: Top 10 Quran quotes every woman MUST SEE

If a single one of these quotes is unable to be disregarded by you, as a muslim, then I consider it my duty to oppose you in every way I legally can.
  30. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

Tee-hee... I'm sorry but I had to...

[IMG]
  31. Anonymous Member

Do you know a single Muslim? I'm guessing you don't.
  32. tippytoe Member

Mo Green??
  33. Anonymous Member

lmao

/thread
  34. Hicks Member

protip: keyword in the title is DRAW
  35. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

This has no relevance to my statement. Try again.
  36. Goosh Goosh Member

need i remind you all that jews did wtc?

seriously, though, i wonder just how trolled the muslims are about this

in b4 another jihad

also, i refuse to lurk moar and read 11 pages worth of moralfag baawwwing
  37. themadhair Member

Some of us can't draw for shit....
  38. Re: Draw Muhamed day megathread

2ykmbzq.png

On real paper no less.
  39. Anonymous Member

Just think if he chose MUHAMMAD instead of MCLOVIN on his ID

[IMG]
  40. Relyt Member

I don't think I'm gonna make a difference by drawing the Prophet Muhammad. I'm simply celebrating the fact that I can do so without repercussions and those who feel like they want to do something to me because they're offended by it can righteously go fuck themselves. Also, it's rather fun to use my art to express myself.