Customize

Drug-free marshals event in Toronto November 2016

Discussion in 'Canada' started by peterstorm, Nov 10, 2016.

1. peterstorm Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. TorontosRoot Member

I did the favour of sending them an e-mail in response to the deceptive event. Unfortunately I won't be able to go down there and passively disrupt the event with a sign telling people to watch out for dangerous cults posing as harmless fronts. 2016-11-26-164157_1440x900_scrot.png
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Photos from event.

Same usual suspects. This time they duped a rep from the Japanese Cultural Centre. Someone should mail all the Asian, South Asian, and Islamic cultural centres some dox about these shameless culties.

http://drugfreecanada.blogspot.ca/#!/

IMG_2167.JPG

Shot like this gives an appearance of respectability. No doubt that this was the whole point of this . Twenty-eight years of this is pretty awful as you well know.
  4. TorontosRoot Member

If I had the emails of them all..
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

http://drugfreecanada.blogspot.ca/2017/11/29th-annual-christmas-festival-in.html
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TorontosRoot Member

Noting this on the calendar. I will have to rig up a sign using washable marker to wear, hopefully it catches the eyes of those walking by and the scifaglets at the square. I won't say a word, I'll just walk casually. Security or OSA can't make or force me to go on the other side of the street especially if I am on the sidewalk, not on the square itself.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hi all, I`m new here today but wanted to post this -

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You're posting this because ?????
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. TorontosRoot Member

To infiltrate, take photos and then flash-protest! :D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. peterstorm Member

Is the police chief gonna be there also?
  11. TorontosRoot Member

I'm curious. Would be a good way to "name and shame".
  12. DeathHamster Member

Since they're using kids as shields (and friendly police as the sword), a protest couldn't be too confrontational.

A nice passive way could be to use Bluetooth beacons to get the word out. I haven't experimented with that yet to see how effective it is in reaching smart phones. (Their Bluetooth would have to be switched on for starters.)

You can turn an Android phone into a beacon with an app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uriio&hl=en

Bluetooth range is ~30', so a few people quietly standing at the border of the event should cover the area. (Extra battery packs might be a good idea.)

Playing with the app, it looks like it broadcasts a name and a URL, so it should lead to a page that explains how Drug-Free World is a Scientology front. That'll only work if they have a data plan, or there's open wifi in the area. (A Raspberry Pi as a fake wifi AP that only provides critical information could work too.)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DeathHamster Member

Tip: If you take any pictures with kids present, Scientology will loudly cry that you are some kind of a pervert.

There are no laws against taking pictures in a public space even if there are children present. You have to be careful publishing pictures of minors, and I'd fuzz the faces even if not required to do. Preventing someone from taking pictures on the grounds that they might publish them is Prior Restraint.

Print this out and carry it with you:
    https://ambientlight.ca/wp-content/uploads/Ontario-Photography-Laws-V1.0.pdf
    • Like Like x 2
  14. TorontosRoot Member

Great tip, I will print that out on transparent film so it doesn't get damaged should it be a passively rainy day (some rain, with breaks). It'll still be readable regardless. Blurring faces with video won't be as easy, however if it's zoomed out all the way, it shouldn't arise suspicion after it's uploaded. I can individually zoom in and then record the scilons, like a few seconds, start, stop, repeat, to avoid the minors. Done it before anyways, no issues since before and after.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DeathHamster Member

There's no requirement to do so. (Unless any of them get charged with a crime, unlikely.) It's a public event in a public space.

The idea to to take reasonable care to avoid giving Scientology an opportunity to cry "Perverts taking peectures of chiiildreeen!" (They will anyway.) Also, those kids didn't ask to be born into Scientology. So, no close-ups, general crowd video should be fine. (And the principle of always take video in case shit happens still applies.)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. TorontosRoot Member

• Like Like x 1