Customize

Dublin, Ireland: European Megaraid June 30th - July 1st

Discussion in 'Europe' started by themadhair, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Nataku Member

Oh, right. Expect a mass PM tomorrow once I check on times.
  2. Herro Member

So do we have the over-under line on 15 people showing up?
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. Nataku Member

50 flyin' in (barring last minute disasters). No idea how many locals to expect.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Herro Member

$100 on over then.
  5. Anonymous Member

jebo te !!
  6. Anonymous Member

mange ta marde !!!
  7. Herro Member

Sorry, I don't speak Swahili.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

pliz experience the R2-45 pull it
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

eat yur shite !!
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Herro Member

Or Chinese.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pedrofcuk Member

13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

eat yur own shite and kiss my pogues !!
  15. Profanity Member

Couple of those for us so far, so there may be at least two of us missing. Will update you tomorrow over PM about it.
  16. Herro Member

You need grammar lessons from Fuckeye.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. HOC Member

Have a great time Dublin. :)
  18. Herro Member

And watch out for the SAS. Too soon?
  19. HOC Member

Banned :p
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nataku Member

Ok, PM'd some peeps the secret location. Feel free to yell at me if I missed someone.
  21. Malory Member

22. Anonymous Member

23. HOC Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Profanity Member

Good weather for Manchester is a downpour. We'll be right at home.
  26. Anonymous Member

On the rocky road to Dublin, 1 2 3 4 5.

manck.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  27. ZeroC Member

How am I only seeing this now? Damn. (useful I know)
  28. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  29. Anonymous Member

Any swedefags or san franfags (beside radio)going?
  30. Anonymous Member

herro is a small what whut ?
  31. ZORRO Member

you guys rocks I am sorry can't be with you but french anonfags will be there
  32. Anonymous Member

For another San Franfag, see:
  33. Masks for Sunday obviously, but I assume one can not simply wear a GF mask to the Teacher's on Saturday? :D
  34. Nataku Member

It's your choice if you want to protect your identity, but if you normally mask up to raid, then it's probably a good idea to mask up for the conference. It's open to the public, there'll be TV crews filming proceedings, and most likely some Scientologists hassling attendees.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/scientology-founders-great-grandson-rails-at-cult-199207.html

Scientology founder’s great grandson rails at cult

By Evelyn Ring

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The great grandson of the founder of the Church of Scientology will urge Irish people to steer well clear of the controversial religious movement at a conference in Dublin today.

Jamie DeWolfe, an American poet, has stood up against the controversial religion that his great-grandfather, L Ron Hubbard, founded.

His grandfather Ronald DeWolfe helped build Hubbard’s scientology empire in the 1950s but later denounced the founder as a fraud.

The conference has been organised by former scientologist Pete Griffith who believes there are about 50 members of the church in Ireland, not 500 as claimed by the organisation.

The church, internationally, has two high profile members — Hollywood actors Tom Cruise and John Travolta — who believe scientology is life-affirming, empowering and the secret of their success.

However, Mr Griffith believes the two actors are victims just like all the other members of the church.

There will be 16 speakers at the conference, which is being held in the Teacher’s Club in Parnell Square and 12 are ex-members of the Church of Scientology.

Also addressing the conference are academics and family members who have been affected by the church.

Mr Griffith, an active scientologist for seven years, persuaded people to join the church when he worked at its Cumbria mission in Britain: "I hope they have come to the conclusion it is a cult and have left because I feel guilty about convincing them to join."

The Church of Scientology is based in Abbey Street, Dublin, and Mr Griffith has staged protests outside the building.

Mr Griffith said the conference was to convince people that scientology was a con. "What they promise you, they don’t deliver on."

He said the conference was also for current members of the church. "Everyone who is out still has a lot of sympathy for those still inside. We want to wake them up by just giving the facts and telling the truth."
  36. Anonymous Member

Q102 newsclip on the hour: "The great-grandson of the founder of Scientology is in Dublin today. He's attending a conference being held by a group of ex-members. Former subscribers of the group founded by Hubbard in 1953 in California will be speaking out against their former ''religion''. Tory Christman is a high-profile critic of the organisation, which she says operates like a cult." And quick clip of Tory: http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/Q102/burli/0823853.mp3

But basically there's too much media coverage to keep track of it all. Even the speakers I've asked can't list all the interviews they've done.
  37. Anonymous Member

From big stuff like TV3, to interviews on South East Radio and Midlands 103 etc.
  38. Anonymous Member

eat yur shite !!
  39. Honigdachs Member

I demand Updates
  40. Dragononymous Member

The conference ended.
    • Like Like x 1