Customize

Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Anonymous, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009

Sounds like the Scottish scifags are up to something:

n5049114682842018382637.jpg

Do we have some Scottish anons that could go and investigate?
  2. Anon777707777 Member

Re: Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009

We have many, ill let the others know.
  3. Anonymous Member

Oooh yeah, I'm available.
  4. che g Member

I can be there! ;)
  5. Re: Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009

I might be able to be there, as long as it doesn't clash with any of my exams.
  6. Anon777707777 Member

7pm on a friday, if it clashes with an exam, let me know and ill set off the fire alarm >_>
  7. pts11 Member

the time is now ... i think not
  8. Re: Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009

Hope you guys video your efforts on the day and put it up on You Tube. Personally, I find their poster offensive.
  9. Anon777707777 Member

Any Scotsman who doesnt find it offensive isnt Scottish, ergo all Scotsmen find it offensive.

Circular logic wins.
  10. Lemon Member

I can try and get there. But it depends on transport pricing,
  11. Morgan Bosch Member

I'll get my feet wet at this.
    k3wl
  12. Mudflaps Member

The Edinburgh forums seem to have been hacked/deleted in a fit of bawing/died so is this now the official planning thread?
  13. Anon777707777 Member

14. OpThetXVI Member

Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009 : Postgame

Picasa Web Albums - OpThetXVI - Ideal Org Min...
    (faces edited to protect the innocent)

We were there! Enturbulated at least 3 Scis - (Stephen, Grumpy Gordon and Malcolm) .
    Handed out flyers, got hugs from passers-by, had photos taken with tourists. People came up to us and asked for flyers (as usual). Got mildly heckled by a bunch of teen channers :)
  15. Re: Edinburgh, Scotland - April 3, 2009

Job well done!:)
  16. The Shadow Member

Scotfags;

I'm not familiar with the Sci's set-up up your way. If the Ideal Org is not already in existence (I'm assuming the OP poster was a meeting to discuss how they're going to do it), you need to do everything you can to find out which building they are going to use etc ASAP. If planning permission has not already been granted, do everything you can to raise objections before the deadline, including increasing public awareness and getting them to baww to the council (assuming you can tear enough Scots away from drinking in Wetherspoon's ;p).

They will purchase the building through individuals and keep the CoS' name out of it as long as possible.
    When you find out WHO does it, you'll need to find evidence that links them to CoS to show the local council. (Highly unlikely but if it's Richard Pickles who does the purchasing, or anyone going through Hodkin and Co, there's plenty on those guys in another thread which I will find and post later)

They will apply for use of the building as 'place of religious worship'. As they are NOT LEGALLY RECOGNISED AS A RELIGION in this country, they cannot get it. Our local org got planning permission for 'place of religious worship' (they had done it long before we knew about the place), but when we informed the council that a) it was CoS and b) they aren't legally recognised, the council told us that use of the building by the Church of Scientology under 'place of religious worship' would be a BREACH OF THE PLANNING PERMISSION.

So your dilemma there is, do you let them set up shop and wait until they actually ARE in breach, or do you complain before they even start, which will merely delay them until they can change the planning application?
  17. xenubarb Member

I AM SCOTTISH!
  18. LastCzarnian Member

the joy of tourists - they have their pic taken with us while we educate them and give them cards/flyers/web address' and hugs - they go home, show their pics and then go on to explain who we are and what we said...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.