Customize

Edward Snowden exposes National Security Agency domestic surveillance

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

http://www.geeksugar.com/What-NSA-30728142
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Rockyj Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

All of them will be exposed. And it is" all" of them.
  6. Rockyj Member

This shit went down in 2005! Fucken people are just getting pissed now???

KO calling Bush on BS!

1.12 RE: NSA RE pugs were not HAPPY w/Colbert!
  7. The Internet Member

If all this spying helped to out corporate conspiracies engaged in fraud, money laundering, tax evasion, and political manipulation --e.g., WISE guys running telecom scams, investment scams, and healthcare scams-- I could kinda forgive it.

But seems rich scammers still at it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rockyj Member

9. Rockyj Member

Its your "ought" question that fucks them all up!
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

'US desperately trying to hide the truth about breaking its own Constitution' — RT Op-Edge

With new revelations of constant US government spying on citizens’ activities and desperate efforts to hide the truth, Barack Obama is likely to go down in US history as one of the most unconstitutional presidents, says RT contributor Afshin Rattansi.

RT: This is obviously quite a shock to Verizon users but does this come as a surprise to you?

Afshin Rattansi: I think one can get blasé about the fact that the United States is repeatedly breaking its own Constitution. Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who broke it, I don’t know whether he’s on Verizon. He’s leaked this – this is the FBI document. To Americans, what it says: “It is further ordered that no person should disclose to any other person that the FBI or the National Security Agency has sought to obtain tangible things under this order.” So the order itself is trying to deny itself, signed by Judge Roger Vincent. Who is he? I don’t know, maybe the sunshine in Florida has got to his head or he’s a Tea Party judge.

It’s very interesting and I think the way it’s going to play in the United States, it will play quite big. Former vice president Al Gore, under Bill Clinton, who hardly ever says anything against Obama, has already tweaked him saying “Is this really the state of things?” Implying is this what James Madison and Thomas Paine, meant for the US Constitution? Is this leading up to President Obama signing an order? It was signed ten days after the Boston Marathon bombings.

RT: What about the man who leaked this? Are we looking at another Bradley Manning case now?

AR: I was looking at Roger Vincent, the man who signed this document, and his term expires as judge of the United States Foreign Intelligence Court. FISA, those secret courts in the United States. They expire, as far as I saw, on May 4 of this year. Could he be leaking it? One wonders, certainly he’ll be in the spotlight now. But of course more seriously, as to your question, Glenn Greenwald, presumably, his phone will be bugged. Journalists will be bugged and that is going to stop these sources from leaking. The United States and the Obama administration is desperately trying to stop the truth about mismanagement, Constitutional mismanagement, getting through to the American public.

Continued at http://rt.com/op-edge/us-unconstitutional-spying-citizens-346/
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

Are you off your meds, Rocky?
    Your prejudices are showing
  12. Anonymous Member

Oddly enough it was Ted Kennedy who wrote the FISA bill
    Libertarians have opposed it from the start.
    Funny how history always fucks up the progressive's narratives.

So, here we have a hero of the left writing a bill that libertarians opposed from the start for exactly the reasons we are seeing now, and 35 years you are waking up to what we knew then...well that's a start, welcome to the real world, where politicians care about themselves and what they can get from you. And if they have to lie and cheat to get it, so be it
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Oddly enough it was Ted Kennedy who wrote the FISA bill
    Libertarians have opposed it from the start.
    Funny how history always fucks up the progressive's narratives.

So, here we have a hero of the left writing a bill that libertarians opposed from the start for exactly the reasons we are seeing now, and 35 years you are waking up to what we knew then...well that's a start, welcome to the real world, where politicians care about themselves and what they can get from you. And if they have to lie and cheat to get it, so be it

and i went looking at Reason Mag. The search only went to 2003:
    http://reason.com/archives/2003/09/02/the-burden-of-bad-memes
    So your anger at libertarians is misplaced. It was the left, the progressive left, that started this mess. Now clean it up, it's beginning to stink on ice
  14. Anonymous Member

well shit
    well shit
  15. Rockyj Member

LMAO!
  16. Rockyj Member

No, I take my LSD regularly.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Anonymous Member

18. The Internet Member

To justify the spying, there better be a ton of bad guys stopped in their tracks. Otherwise people are gonna think the spies are the bad guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Obama said it was all going to be public info now. Anyone have the link or is this just another Obama moment?
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 7
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  22. It means that ceiling cat can see all the pictures that men take of their weiners with their smart phones.
  23. Anonymous Member

Including David Petraeus?
    • Like Like x 5
  24. Kilia Member

Sorry dear..I was being sarcastic. Please forgive me for confusing you.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

Did we really think this wouldn't happen? The minute the Patriot Act passed our civil rights went out the window and everyone sat back and said "we have to give up a few freedoms for safety". In my eyes this, CISPA, SOPA and every prosecution of online activists are related. Until the Patriot Act is allowed to expire and the law catches up with the digital age we will face these blatant violations of the 4th amendment.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Budd Member

So we "the little people" have NO privacy, while it is coming out that the government is using secret email addresses to conduct business?
    HOW FAIR IS THAT?
  27. Anonymous Member

You have left out some really fucking important details here (wonder why?). FISA came about in the wake of Watergate, and if you read the original bill you’ll find it isn’t actually that bad in terms of the protections hardcoded within it for US citizens (not that I endorse it in any way, just pointing that out).

To illustrate such protections consider how it wasn’t easy under the original FISA to surveil ‘domestic terrorists’ because, under that act, it was difficult to meet the requirement of demonstrating such ‘terrorists’ were ‘agents of a foreign power’ or engaged in ‘international terroris’ as required by the act.

Then a little thing happened in 1994 and 2001 and 2002 and so on (the Patriot Act being the best known offended) which gutted anything that was good in FISA. I’m not defending the original FISA, but it is absurdly dishonest to try laying the blame on Kennedy here.

This testimony from the ACLU, from 1994, was in opposition to proposed extensions to FISA authority. I quote it here because it discusses how the original FISA’s legality originated from Supreme Court case law:
    http://www.cnss.org/data/files/Surv...ity_Enhancement_Amendment/MartinTestimony.pdf
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

The roots of this are deep and cross party lines. There is no one party, agency or branch of government responsible, they are all culpable. The frightening part is that we allowed it by allowing those first intrusions into our civil liberties.

Lessons learned? I certainly hope so. Now is the time for action.
    https://action.eff.org/o/9042/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=9260

https://www.aclu.org/secure/stop-massive-spying-program?Ms=web_acluaction_govtspying_130606_ac&a#a
    • Like Like x 4
  30. System Member

great book
  31. System Member

fuck the Patriot Act
    • Like Like x 3
  32. System Member

Big Brother is Watching You
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Not fair at all. If government officials want to know everything about us - the people they supposedly work for - then we should have the same access to all their private info. Yeah, I know that won't happen, but the double-standard needs to be pointing out over and over.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. When does the talking end?
    As if the political parasite class didn't know they were parasites...

Some concrete examples need to be made.
    Taking down websites goes only so far to making the message hit home.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

Bumped for clarity of thought.
  36. Anonymous Member

Should have known this was coming.
    http://gizmodo.com/anonymous-just-leaked-a-trove-of-nsa-documents-511854773
    • Like Like x 6
  37. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. The whole world now knows how weak the US really is, being more fixated inwards than outwards. Helluva a way to "protect America"... ceilingcat.jpg

Brought to you by the people who brought you some of the most infamous false-flag ops ever.
  39. Head Homeboy Hasbara (spin):
    http://rt.com/usa/obama-surveillance-nsa-monitoring-385/
    Quote: "When it comes to telephone calls, no body [sic] is listening to your telephone calls."

The British Are Cumming:
    http://rt.com/news/nsa-communications-british-intelligence-378/
    Quote: "Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) has been given information gathered in the US-run PRISM system, which grants the American spy agency a direct line to data stored on the servers of Google, Facebook, Apple, Yahoo and five other tech giants."

Is THIS what we pay taxes for?
    [IMG]