Customize

Enid Vien passed away, and her historical significance

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

From ESMB: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29662-Enid-Vien
    Some hint of her historical significance:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29662-Enid-Vien&p=756855&viewfull=1#post756855
    My guess is that some people came to wish her cat had never been shot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

As well as shooting itself in the foot, the cowardly cult of scientology has always been linked to this sort of act of abuse, killing pets is a scientology specialty.

And look how both Hubbard and Miscavige are defined by both their cowardice and their cruelty.

I pity any scientologist that thinks their "cause" is worthwhile.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

Arnie doing it for the right reason.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. deirdre Member

Like Arnie, Enid Vien's case is why I left Scientology the subject. It took me a bit longer than it took him, though. I hadn't known Enid had died—just somehow missed this even though I've been on this board and read ESMB.

She was one of the most genuinely nice people I ever met in my entire life, and the world is a sadder place without her. I remember our conversations about Korzybski; she actually got me to read his stuff. Not sure I can thank her for that. :)

There is one thing, if anyone can find the dox: I'm looking for a copy of "The Free Spirit" magazine issue from 1994 where Enid talks about her legal case, if anyone has a copy. Marty has a copy from 1985, but that's not the right year. If it's online somewhere, my google-fu has failed.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. vaLLarrr Member

Cult of cowardice showing it's yellow colors again.

It's why the "Volunteer Ministers" wear yellow coats.
  6. Rod Keller Member

I was traveling and went to see a hearing Dennis Erlich had in San Diego. I think child support, trying to bankrupt him while he was fighting the copyright case. Enid was on A.r.s, and I thought I would see if we could meet somewhere the night before. She suggested that we have dinner at her house, which was fine with me. I knew she was from England, so I was expecting a rather prim and proper person, but I didn't know what to expect. She picked me up at my hotel in a well maintained old green Jaguar, she was wearing leopard print tights, and the car was driven by her husband, a 300 lb. Samoan (I think) bodybuilder whose name escapes me. We had a lovely dinner, I flunked the pinch test, and I will always remember her fondly.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Cool story bro

And for once I mean that sincerely
    • Like Like x 1
  8. deirdre Member

I'm envious. I spoke with her over the phone a handful of times, including one where she said she was glad that there was a settlement she could live with.