Customize

Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by WileyCoyote, Jan 12, 2009.

1. WileyCoyote Member

Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

I've put this in the Travolta forum because it was their recent Travolta special broadcast that sparked this in my head. However, moderators, if this fits better in the regular media area, then please relocate it. Thanks.

Anyway, back to ET. Flipping channels this weekend I saw this Entertainment Tonight wah-wah Jett's dead sobfest and stopped to watch. At first it seemed okay, all the standard stuff about how much his parents loved him, etc. but then later they started getting into the Scientology stuff.

Well... that's when the show went off the rails. What we got was the most spoon fed Pro-Scientology bullshit I've seen in a while.

Mind you, this wasn't new clips of the Travoltas, or even the Scilon PR flacks, defending the CoS practices. It was all old footage expertly spun together from old interviews with Babarino and his mate into a comprehensive defense. That fact, that it was all archive footage, and yet constructed SO clearly to only give the Scilon side of the story is what set off the alarm bells in my wee head. There were no interviews with outside authorites, no voice over adjusting the spin coming from John and Kelly about how super-neat Purifiaction rundowns and such are--in fact, the host's voice overs were constantly bolstering what the Barbarino family was saying.

NOT ACTUAL QUOTES, BUT IT WAS SORT OF LIKE THIS:
    {Deep announcer voice}: "John and Kelly say their religion is very misunderstood, and described to us in this exclusive interview how they saved Jett's life by cleaning their lives of toxins"

Kelly: "We were shocked to find out how many poisons were in the average home, and our faith helped us with awareness programs which made a real difference!"

Etc.

Plus there was a "nice" section where the talking head made sure we heard the CoS claim that "medical problems are treated by doctors, just like by members of any religion", and all of the other spoon fed lines which with the context stripped make their practices sound perfectly sane.

Anyway, the point of noting all of this is that I'm curious if anyone has looked into what, if any, connections the folks at Entertainment Tonight have to the Scilons. Are they just fools who ALWAYS give the celeb point of view, or is there more to it?
  2. kitfisto Member

Re: Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

Celeb cocksucking is all , if it was a show .... say 60minutes I would be concerned . ET is a televised circlejerk of celeb worship .
  3. WileyCoyote Member

Re: Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

That's true. The anchor practically had Travolta's cock in his mouth in that archival footage.
  4. Re: Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

I was going to make a thread like this while I was watching the ET segment on Jett. ET pretty much gave the Travolta family and their cult a big hand job.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

Link please.
  6. Anon3Mouse Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the ET (which I'm surprised to find is still on the air) producers had to agree to not have any criticizing viewpoints.
  7. PAnonA Member

Wait wait wait wait wait wait...

wait.

People actually watch E.T.?
  8. JMac85 Member

Sadly, yes. Mostly bored housewives who have nothing to do all day but obsess over other people's lives who went out and actually did something with theirs.
  9. TheBitch Member

It was a ONE HOUR LONG BLOWJOB... saw it channel surfing and kept flipping back in astonishment ever 10 minutes to see it still on. The MOST disgusting part was the interviews with Kelly Preston painting her as a doting mom.

Yeah, my bet there are $cilon hooks EVERYWHERE in the entertainment industry, and we'd be well advised to begin looking into the connections between the promo bullshit show's mgmt / talent and see who is pulling what strings. Totally fucking disgusting. Were it an election we could demand equal time. As it stands, for whatever reason the ET people basically gave millions of dollars of CruiseControl spin away last nite for no reason I can tell except the obvious.
  10. A.Non Hubbard Member

Entertainment reporters are not well equipped enough to handle complex sociological structures like Scientology. Entertainment reporters are people who rip and read press releases and who write whatever X's publicist says. "A source close to X" is frequently a publicist.

Although it was Larry "One foot in the grave" King who originally prompted me to write this, the spirit of the following outrage applies here.

11. j0eg0d Member

ET, EXTRA, ACCESS HOLLYWOOD ... might as well be on Cartoon Network; They're a joke.
  12. Re: Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

You can disregard ET as not real news all you want. But as much drivel as it is, the fact remains that a lot of people still watch it. MY parents watch it. Your parents probably watch it too. If this sort of thing happens again, action should be taken.
  13. tazor Member

Those aren't "reporters" on ET. They are actors reading a freaking script. And not doing a very good job at it either. Haven't watched that crap in years.
  14. blah Member

but they have a little cartoon bear announce the birthdays!

(they do still have that bear right?)
  15. WTF Member

fixt

"Pathetic", Kelly...it's a 6 letter word, just ask [p]Rick Moxon.
  16. Re: Entertainment Tonight - Are there Scilon connections or are they just asses?

NO U, Cartoon Network is awesome.
  17. WileyCoyote Member

I actually forgot to come back here and check this topic again!

The reason I should have is to add something I noticed at the second time around--at the END of the broadcast, while playing it for a friend.

The "reporter" (he hardly deserves that title) ends the broadcast by talking about how through all the years he's been reporting he's never met anyone as "extraordinary" as the Revoltas, and thus he's really broken up about Jett's death, because he's come to consider the Revoltas as close friends.

So its more than him just being a crappy reporter. He's biased too! He even ADMITTED it!

This worm's name is Mark Steines. You may also recall him giving constant blowjobs to everyone involved in the Anna Nicole Smith situation. So in that sense at least he's consistent, and that takes it away from a purely pro-Scilon situation. But it DID also ensure that millions of people saw an hour long Scientology Love Fest, just because this man's a walking talking Celebrity Venerial Disease.
  18. Pacifist Member

Fuck celebrity-cock-sucking televised scandal rag bullshit. They all need to DIAF.
  19. azonymous Member

They're covering this up big time. Want this story to DIE! The media is being handled.
    Found this (no lings)

20. WileyCoyote Member

Steines was BACK at it again tonight, with a "personal letter from John Travolta" he read on the air.

It was fully as sappy as expected, with all of the gladhanding back to Travolta you'd also expect.