Customize

Entrapped! When Craigslist predator stings go too far...

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

I read this interesting report on Ars Technica recently and thought it worthy of posting into this Initiative Forum. As usual, Nate Anderson pens a very good piece of work.

(Dunno if it is properly located so Moderators can move it to the right place if it is currently wrong.)
    Entrapped! When Craigslist predator stings go too far

Everyone thinks they've been "entrapped" by police, but some men actually are.

by Nate Anderson - Oct 13 2013, 6:00pm PDT

edwin-possum.jpg

In 2011, 43-year-old Army veteran Edwin "Trey" Gennette lived just outside Pensacola, Florida, with a pet possum and a talking Ford Mustang. One warm June evening, he began poking around the "Casual Encounters" section of Craigslist, where he found an ad promising a novel erotic situation.

"2 sisters seeking a man that handle both [of] us," it said. "We are ready for a hot night, are you?"

He was. But when he e-mailed the address in the ad, Gennette received a quick response from a woman named Amber, making clear that only one of the sisters was 19. "My lil sis is in town visiting me for the summer," wrote Amber. "She is 14, you ok with that?"

"Well I think she is a bit young, lol but depends on what you have in mind," Gennette wrote back. He sent Amber a photo of himself with his pet possum. Amber sent back a photo showing two young women on a boat. Gennette and Amber chatted for a while over e-mail, sharing weekend plans.

Gennette suggested the sisters come over to see the possum, which was recovering from veterinary surgery to her "female parts." He offered to give the two girls a ride in his Mustang.

But the older sister made clear that "we host only," and she kept pushing Gennette for details of what exactly he might want to do with younger sister Erin.

Gennette: hmmm, maybe you can twist my arm, lol I have some things I need to do tomorrow am, and since you cant come here......but I can be pursuaded, lol

Amber: pursuaded???? how do u want us to do that? so what do u want to do with us

Gennette: well im sure you could figure something out on how to pursuade me, im up for anything dear

Amber: we like a man that will tell us want he wants to do, not us doing all the work

Gennette: oh I wouldn't let you do all the work, duh, lol but while driving my car, i d have to focus on the road for sure, when do you want to get together?

Amber: do u realize that its me and my lil sis

Gennette appeared reticent about actually following through, talking about needing "persuasion" and wanting to "keep things clean so to speak, lol" when it came to the little sister. But Amber continued to press, asking:

Amber: what r u going to do to us

Gennette: things that are pleasurable, believe me, lol

Amber: like what???? we like details? and love to hear, plus i need to prep her. u have to make sure you are gentle with her and dont hurt her

Gennette: prep her? what does that consist of? lol I have to show the details but they will be satisfactory, promise … now I have one cute underage sister and another young cute of age sister, is this all consensual? im assuming yes, but I am still curious what you mean by prepping her

Amber: u r right. one underage sis, and one of age sis. everything is consensual. we r getting horny, u? we like to hear it, let us know what u r going to do to us

Despite the obvious warning signs, Gennette continued the conversation and appeared to come around to the idea of sexual activity with Erin—but the exact nature of this activity remained vague.

Gennette told Amber that he would show her special attention "with my tongue," and Amber pressed yet again for information about "lil sis. she thinks u r leaving her out. :(" Gennette told Amber not to worry because "nobody gets left out."

The article is a full four-pages so here's the link to the whole package on Ars Technica: http://tinyurl.com/mjfycfg