Customize

ESMB Down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ESMB is down?, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Was reading about this on Ex Scientologist Message Board a few hours ago and ESMB went down and hasn't come back since.
  2. Anonymous Member

I just logged on to ESMB. No problems.
  3. Mmmm... it's still down from here.

Could you post a link to ESMB so I could try that? Appreciate it.

Very strange. What could it be?
  4. Thanks, but the link shows "this page cannot be displayed."

Odd. Could it be locally down?

An in Los Angeles area.
  5. Anonymous Member

There may be a local outage. Where I live (Western Canada) there are periodic outages of the provincial network.
  6. It's still working for me.

Could it be your security settings if it's saying the site cannot be whotsit?
  7. Did a "System Restore" to a week ago. Still can't access ESMB here in southern California. Interesting thread and I'd like to finish reading it, but ESMB isn't there... for me at least.

Guess I'm screwed.
  8. Might be as simple as NightOwl said.
    Give it some time.
  9. Ogsonofgroo Member

ESMB hasn't done any site maintenance in a while, could be as simple as that too imho.
    Patience.

:)
  10. Right now ESMB is returning "Database Error - The database has encountered a problem."
  11. Gottabrain Member

It seems only the ESMB discussion section of the forum is down. The rest of the site seems to be working.

I am receiving the same message in Georgia.
  12. Gottabrain Member

Has anyone checked the Member section to see if this was announced?
  13. Yes, you are right. I checked the rest of the site after posting my message above. I didn't think to check it earlier because I only use the discussion section there.

I've e-mailed ethercat, but haven't heard anything back.
  14. Gottabrain Member

Thanks, CommunicatorIC. I thought it was me at first, because it said the website was working for others. The discussion forum is not up at all though. Probably maintenance.
  15. I'd be surprised if it was down for maintenance. I don't think ethercat would chose Leah Remini Day. :) Plus, I think ethercat would have given some warning, and I was on ESMB extensively yesterday and didn't see anything.

I hate to don the tinfoil, but I do find it a bit suspicious that it would be down today. Probably coincidence, but it did make me think a bit.
  16. The ESMB forum is back up for me.
  17. Triumph Member

Time to say goodbye

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Today at 3:50 AM.

I tried. I really tried to convince myself I could keep doing this, but I can't. ESMB will be closed to new registrations and new posts on September 30th at 12pm AEST. The board will remain live and searchable for as long as I'm able to use a keyboard (hopefully at least another 25 years), but it will be in an archival state only.

Thanks everyone for being a part of history. It's been a wild ride for the last 12.5 years. We were there to hear the amazing and tragic stories of many first time posters. We saw the rise of anonymous in 2008 and mass global protests. We saw and celebrated the Australian senate hearings in 2009/2010. We watched Marty Rathbun then Mike Rinder blow Scientology and begin to speak out around the same time, something we never saw coming, or even thought possible. We watched Tony Ortega take a stand against Scientology in the Village Voice, then later The Underground Bunker. We've seen movies, books, documentaries, Emmy winning TV shows all showcasing the cruelty of Scientology. We've watched major celebrities blow. We've seen the rise of YouTube channels, Facebook groups and blogs. I'd like to think that ESMB played a small part in creating the environment to allow these things to occur. In the beginning ESMB gave people a chance to tell their stories in a welcoming platform that hadn't existed previously.

https://exscn.net/forum/threads/time-to-say-goodbye.50669/
    • Like Like x 1