Customize

Essential twitter follows

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by notCOBmiscavige, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Right... the people are being hunted in the streets of every major city in Iran, but you want them to all assemble together for some dangerous and obvious mission, out in the open, by coordinating through an unverified source?

How well do gov. intel jobs pay?
  2. sanity

please people, why again is 'charting stocks' to be trusted again? there is no way to proof this one way or the other. you can bet that israel is doing what it can to help iranian people set up a new government (after all the current regime is a threat to all israeli people (and civic palestinians, too - btw)) but those accusations are indicators at best, not proof. please take your tinfoil hats off, at least for the moment. thank you.
  3. This twitrevolution person is trying to get people to set fires and throw stones at police. They're either an idiot or a provocateur.
  4. I Ran Hubbard fckn scientologist?

All this mossad stuff is complete bullshit. Chartingstocks is a complete moron.
  5. twitrevolution should be reported to twitter staff.
    He follows everyone who follows him = just a crazy.
  6. Artaban Member

twi staff can/will do nothing with him;
    just don't follow him and introduce him to others who following him to do not lisening to him ;)

btw, how you can use twitter in Iran?! I can't acces it atall! no way! :-/
  7. parhamdoustdar?

I noticed he fell off the grid so to speak 2 days ago... I just hope and pray he is okay. When I saw him listed here now under 'doesn't mind having his name known'... I got a chill down my spine... God bless you all and your struggle and may He protect you all and all Iranians on all sides from further harm.
  8. Not a lot of news coming out, I wonder what happened.
  9. thank you for the update

mer30 thank you very much
  10. Right-wing Israeli interests are engaged in an all out Twitter attack with hopes of delegitimizing the Iranian election and causing political instability within Iran.

Anyone using Twitter over the past few days knows that the topic of the Iranian election has been the most popular. Thousands of tweets and retweets alleging that the election was a fraud, calling for protests in Iran, and even urging followers hack various Iranian news websites (which they did successfully). The Twitter popularity caught the eye of various blogs such as Mashable and TechCrunch and even made its way to mainstream news media sites.

Were these legitimate Iranian people or the works of a propaganda machine? I became curious and decided to investigate the origins of the information. In doing so, I narrowed it down to a handful of people who have accounted for 30,000 Iran related tweets in the past few days. Each of them had some striking similarities -

1. They each created their twitter accounts on Saturday June 13th.
    2. Each had extremely high number of Tweets since creating their profiles.
    3. IranElection was each of their most popular keyword
    4. With some very small exceptions, each were posting in ENGLISH.
    5. Half of them had the exact same profile photo
    6. Each had thousands of followers, with only a few friends. Most of their friends were EACH OTHER.

Why were these tweets in English? Why were all of these profiles OBSESSED with Iran? It became obvious that this was the work of a team of people with an interest in destabilizing Iran. The profiles are phonies and were created with the sole intention of destabilizing Iran and effecting public opinion as to the legitimacy of Irans election.

I narrowed the spammers down to three of the most persistent @StopAhmadi @IranRiggedElect @Change_For_Iran

I decided to do a google search for 2 of the 3 @StopAhmadi and @IranRiggedElect. The first page to come up was JPost (Jerusalem Post) which is a right wing newspaper pro-Israeli newspaper.

JPost actually ran a story about 3 people who joined the social network mere hours ago have already amassed thousands of followers. Why would a news organization post a story about 3 people who JUST JOINED TWITTER hours earlier? Is that newsworthy? Jpost was the first (and only to my knowledge) major news source that mentioned these 3 spammers.

The fact that JPost promoted these three Twitterers who went on the be the source of the IranElection Twitter bombardment is, unfortunately, evidence that this was an Israeli propaganda campaign against Iran. I must admit that I had my suspiscions. After all, Que Bono? (latin for Who Benefits). Theres no question that Israel perceives Iran as an enemy, more so than any other nation. Destabilizing the country would benefit them.

Meet The Spammers

IranRiggedElect
    3146 followers. 31 friends.
    340 tweets in past 4 days. none before that.
    Top 5 words - iranelection, cnnfail, mousavi, tehran,
    All tweets in English
    Time: Bulk between 12pm and 2pm eastern standard time
    Most retweets: @StopAhmadi @IranElection09 @change_for_iran

Change_for_Iran
    14,000 followers. 0 friends
    117 tweets in 2 days. none before that.
    All tweets in English
    Time: Bulk between 8:00 pm and 11:00 pm eastern.
    Top 5 words: iranelection, people, police, right, students
    No retweets

IranElection09
    800 followers. 9 friends.
    196 tweets in 3 days. none before that.
    185 in English. 11 in Farsi (Arabic appearing letters. Not sure if its Farsi)
    Time: bulk between 2:00pm and 6:00pm eastern. Also 1:00am.
    Top 5 words: iranelection, rt, mousavi, tehran, march
    Most retweets: @IranRiggedElect @StopAhmadi

StopAhmadi
    6199 followers. 53 friends.
    1107 tweets in past 3 days. None before then.
    top 5 words: iranelection, ppl, news, rt, iran.
    All tweets in English
    Time: bulk between 9:00am and 5:00pm eastern
    Most retweets: @mohamadreza @mahdi

mohamadreza
    1433 followers. 142 friends
    (protected account. cant see data)

The following all have the same photo in their profile and are followed by the profiles previously mentioned.
  11. I Ran Hubbard Member

Two more to follow:

12. debunk

> 1. They each created their twitter accounts on Saturday June 13th.
    ahmadinejad claimed he won on 12th

> 2. Each had extremely high number of Tweets since creating their profiles.
    perhaps they consider themselves as activists/protesters/reporters?

> 3. IranElection was each of their most popular keyword
    er. logically. that's what they tweet about. that's what they created theese twitter accounts for.

> 4. With some very small exceptions, each were posting in ENGLISH.
    because they can. they tweet because they want to report on what's going on. posting in farsi makes it easier to get the message OUT, i see.

> 5. Half of them had the exact same profile photo
    something like this: whereisourvote2_bigger.jpg ?

> 6. Each had thousands of followers, with only a few friends. Most of their friends were EACH OTHER.
    guess what: maybe they know each other from real life or the internets? maybe they feel that they better protect their friends too, instead of lining them up for prosecution? sure that makes em agents. plus it's secret service strategy to walk in and say, hey, i'm agent #1, this is agent #2, and here is my friend agent #3 -- ok i'm getting cynical here, too much hate.

next up: all messages from inside iran must be fake because 1. ahmadinejad is in control of all iran's internet and 2. middle east is 2nd world and no one can use computer technology properly. except mossad.

[IMG]
  13. Fortunately the reliable twitter source I'm following is not listed.
  14. ataniell93 Member

That site is heavily anti-Israeli, it makes sense that they'd say these things. Just reading through the site you can get a good sense of how reliable anything that they would say about this would be and they are probably pro-Ahmadi since they are pro-Hamas and Ahmadi loves Hamas.
  15. just effing THINK. That's what some people do with their brains.

I've commented on that incredibly annoying chartingstocks article myself, but this one is wittier:

"mouve says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 4:43 am

Well as for your comments, I think I have an explanation:

1. They each created their twitter accounts on Saturday June 13th.
    Yep. This is the day the violence broke out and the world had to be informed.

2. Each had extremely high number of Tweets since creating their profiles.
    Duh. Of course. Because the subject is so important and intriguing.

3. IranElection was each of their most popular keyword
    IraqElection surely would have been misleading. A quick question: Are you, like, dumb or something?

4. With some very small exceptions, each were posting in ENGLISH.
    Do you speak/read Farsi?

5. Half of them had the exact same profile photo
    Which one? Ive seen plenty of tweets with different photos, such as mousavi1388, persiankiwi, StopAhmadi, IranRiggedElect and dont tell me its two times Moussavi you saw on those pics. The pics are distinct nevertheless.

6. Each had thousands of followers, with only a few friends. Most of their friends were EACH OTHER.
    You probably dont know this, but in times like these, friends stay together and help each other. And exchange information. And whom can you trust? These people have achieved more than YOUll ever do try living in an oppressed society where everything but breathing is forbidden. I bet after two days you run home crying like Glenn Beck.

This sudden popularity of Twitter in direct conjunction with an election in a sovereign country _is_ newsworthy. What are you, an intern who happens to have got a chance to write an article (and, btw, screwed up badly)?

After all, Que Bono? Bloody hell, you speak Latin? [Actually, no, he doesn't. It's pseudo-Latin that's one more "PROOF" of what a fool he is.] Tell you what, Mr. Smartypants: why dont you try to find the answer to Quis custodiet ipsos custodes on behalf of the Guardian Council of Iraq? Asine.

Pathetic article, far-fetched conclusions well, I know why I havent heard from your insignificant paper before. And it shall stay that way."

Also:

"Boin says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 8:01 am
    Someones about to loose ahmadinejad as a customer and is NOT HAPPY about that :)"
  16. ...

Also, big surprise that an Israeli newspaper was the first to write about what's going on at #iranelection - who would have thought Israelis were concerned about Iranian politics?? Duh.
  17. Change for Iran has been verified according to the little pink book blog:
  18. Twitter (through @ev) has confirmed that @Change_for_Irans tweets are genuinely emanating from within Iran #iranelection

Ev is Evan Williams, the CEO of Twitter.
  19. @ smashmode

"PROOF: Evan Williams a zionist! They are everywhere!!"
  20. Anonymous account used for fake RTs etc

This account can be used via anonymous web gateways and is being used for disinformation. Mainly fake RTs to provoke violence and portray the protesters as violent
  21. No, its MY account and i only RT credible sources. Nor did i provoke violence in any way or portreyed the protesters as violent.

And i cant be used via aninymous web gateways since i have my own PW.

So stopp writing this BS, or are u payed by the iranian gov? Get out, we dont want u!

22. An example:

RT @StopAhmadi: Ok ppl, I think it will officially be a war in Iran from now on.. #iranelection #gr88

source:
    http://twitter.com/anonnewsfeed/status/2236122206

StopAhmadi never said this:

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=...near=&within=15&units=mi&since=&until=&rpp=15

so where does your salary come from?
  23. he wrote it and a few mins later i RT it. are u dumb enought to not realize that u can trash ur twitter news? omg, he trashed one i was RTing, so before u ask bout my sallery (im a german student) aks about ur brain!

i will trash my RT now cause he trashed it too but i didnt know since now
  24. just look how many ppl RT it too: Ok ppl, I think it will :StopAhmadi - Twitter Search

now you still think i made it up? it doesnt make sense to trash it cause there are so many RT, ill keep it too. sry i was insulting u, so offense. i try to keep my tweets as real as possible, always RT with a link, onyl RT from credible sources and after i checked.

i hope u can trust me, im not iranian intellegence -.-
  25. (I'm the one who posted as curious girl from Finland earlier)

I can confirm that StopAhmadi (who's neither a zionist nor a spammer) said that, it was a comment on Khameneis speech. He probably figured that it could be misunderstood, so he deleted it. But yeah, it's getting harder and harder to tell who and what is real, and even the accounts we trust can be hacked. What a mess.
  26. from-iran Member

tnx guys for ur support

plz go to this website which ask google to change its logo for one day for us
    tnx
    Where is our vote
  27. paladine Member

I also have that logo! It was offered on twitter earlier in the week as ashow of solidarity. I doubt your list.
  28. paladine Member

I must add, I've noticed a twitter-er who is doing false re-tweets with trusted users names. Did it to oxfordgirl and me, this evening. Heads up.
  29. Let's be real

Hey, anyone is taking care about the way the people is reppressed - i don't care about cia or any other kind of paranoia. We have the videos showing us people pacific, and they are agressed by their supposed protector. There are so much people... why just don't do another vote, which everyone can see the transparence.. and everyone will be back at home... while they are effectively the feeling to be well represented
    (sorry for my english.. i'm a french from quebec)
  30. Pipe Dreams...

***THIS IS A EDITORIAL AND IS NO WAY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE WRITER'S BELIEFS, THE AIM IS TO INSPIRE DISCUSSION ON THE FUTURE OF IRAN***

Tiananmen Square was one of the bloodiest revolt of a people against its regime in the 20th century in the name of freedom...Countless of Chinese citizens numbering about 20,000 and countless more remain dead or missing, their whereabouts missing....This is what freedom means to them...How can u expect that 7 so called martyrs are gonna promote change in Iran? Change from a regime that is stern and unyielding will require payment in bloodshed, with serious human lives lost...

If the problem is the theocracy, the fact that Mousavi wins still doesn't mean squat as both Mousavi or Ahmendinijad are still puppets, available to the mullahs every bidding...If u seriously want change then topple the theocracy and don't expect us Americans to help you to do so...Obama the UN and the rest of the Western world are just going to give the theocracy lip service, harsh rhetoric with little bite...

You can appeal to Sunni Saudi Arabia and have a jihad against the Shiite theocracy and later on submit to a bloody civil war just like Iraq and still be under harsh Sharia law...or u can either abandon Islam in favor of Christianity and then your country will have the full support of the Christian crusaders of yore...only then will the US and the rest of Europe really pour money and effort into defeating the theocracy...

what do u think? Armed struggle? or just relying on foreign governments to pressure the theocracy to bend over backwards?
  31. tonethetiger Member

The Global News Needs Iran now more than ever!

It is certain that since CNN and other news agencies have admitted to relying social media outlets like Twitter and these forums, to get coverage for national news. This is a dynamic moment in world history, that on a very basic level all the activity, including the demonstration right up to the actual media reported on the news, is created in every sense by the Iranian people. It is truly amazing to think that a country that only a week ago did not have open media outlets now has a world waiting on the next tweet from the street or the next phone video. It makes me so proud of the people of Iran for how much they have achieved in one week. I want to these changes to continue, and not just be defeated by violent oppression! Take what is yours by right. Keep up the challenge to despotism. So long as the protests continue, you will have the prayers, love and support--even if it is silent, even if it is a rally cry--of al of us from your neighbor nations and your global community.

People of Iran you are we and we are you this time in history. God blesses you all for your struggle.
  32. plz change your time zones on twitter

plz change your time zones on twitter to Iran's time zone, so that it will be hard for the government to close down and follow Iranians twitter accounts.
    Spread the word.
  33. High time to edit the original post

Smashing, now can somebody please update the original post which still says that change_for_iran is a suspected spammer.

If and when he gets the time to surf in between protest demos etc, he would be rightfully disappointed to find out that he is being called a "suspect spammer" in THIS Iran support forum (the best there is, IMHO).

Of course this is all done with the best of intentions, but the original post is still the virtual equivalent of ongoing "friendly fire".
  34. Ybtisam Member

Recent Tweet. Can't confirm authenticity.
    URGENT PLEASE RETWEET @AliMarboushi IS A GOVERNEMNT AGENT LEAKING PROTESTOR NAMES #iranelection #neda