Customize

Essential twitter follows

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by notCOBmiscavige, Jun 15, 2009.

1. its true, if you look at his page he is literally typing names .. no idea if they are real names but they are names 3 and 4 at a time
  2. An anti-semitic moron. Or is that considered okay now?
  3. Swat that fly

Please block that Marboushi moron, and ask your friends to do so ASAP - this should raise Twitter's flags regarding his account (although it would be even better if someenody could idenitfy which precise article of Twitter's terms he is violating - probably more than one - so we can call and ask for suspension with specific reference to their Terms) . In case blocking him causes his post to become unreadable for you, here is just a representative sample I grabbed in ONE copy and paste just now:

".....#IranElection - your protest movement is loosing its accerelation and momentums. Down with the uprisings! It is OVER OVERabout 13 hours ago from web

#
    #IranElection - Montazeri sniffs camel farts long live our President Achmadinedjad and our leader Ayat. Khameini!!! Arrest the student traabout 13 hours ago from web

#
    #IranElection - you are all great warriors, sitting behind yours lattees at Starbucks thinking you revolutionarys - Basiji I name studentsabout 13 hours ago from web

#
    #IranElection - atension Basiji: these Teh.U students are current twittering:..."

Many thanks to everyone who helps swat this disgusting fly!
  4. nedasvoice Member

5. jtreglio Member

I'm worried. . .

Its been two days and no tweet from Change_for_Iran. Of all the people on twitter, his tweets have been the most personal and compelling.
  6. vienna Member

7. Trying; the site is more tenacious than a herpes infection.
  8. Take this motherfucken site down
  9. Chris2009 Member

Question

I suppose this is probably a stupid question, but here I go:
    Is it ok to post url addresses of twits from Iran? If I wish to post a particular twitter post, can I post the url address? Can I even post the twitter message without the url? Or can the Iranian authorities do a search and censor the twitterer?
  10. To be on the safe side I would just retype the text from the tweet. Odds are the authorities in Iran already know the names or the pen-names of the Twitterers, but at this stage I wouldn't do it without the person's consent -- especially if it's a private tweet.

If it's on one of the public networks -- maybe -- if the information appears to be absolutely essential.

Those are my thoughts at least.
  11. Chris2009 Member

Re:

But posting the text is ok?
  12. It depends. I'd use your judgment. If you don't have permission, but there's no personally identifiable info in the Tweet, it's probably OK to post the text without IDing the person. Maybe you can summarize in your own words.

If the URL links to video on YouTube -- it's public info. If they're photos, you can always copy the images into another photo sharing site and provide a new link. I'd run a scan on the photos too to make sure they're clean.

Unless it's someone outside of Iran, I wouldn't use any identifiable information about the person -- especially without their permission.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
  13. CurtMonash Member

I think you may be mixing up tweets and direct messages.

This question was surely asked about public tweets.

If you RT w/o identifying the person, it's almost as good as identifying them, as a simple search on Twitter would find the original source.

If nothing in their tweetstream indicates they're looking for privacy about their public tweets, I'd assume they in fact aren't.

I would do that check, however, as there may be some new or inexperienced Twitter users who don't exactly have the opportunity to look around the service until they understand precisely how it works.
  14. skollie-IRAN Member

15. Yes he/she is a whackjob for sure..

I do hope you were refering to eyeran and not me lol :)
  16. jtreglio Member

Woo!!!

Change_for_Iran still breathes. He might be a bit beat up, and he had to get the #$%& out of Tehran, but he's still alive. Thank goodness.
  17. skollie-IRAN Member

That's great news.

Absolutely.
  18. midrashist Member

israelis post on saturday

israelis overall are NOT particularly religious. the truly observant are a (noisy) minority. A left-leaning Israeli would be very likely to post on Saturday.
  19. jessicakorman RT @judyrey: NOTE: Persiankiwi's arrest is confirmed by @iranbaan who is a journalist. It is not a rumor. #IranElection #gr88 half a minute ago from twhirl
  20. He's only got one source for this info. Could still be wrong.

From IB:

I'm so sorry. I recive the [PK] arrest news from a honest source but I hope it's been incorrect. 9 minutes ago from web

21. That is being worked on , on another thread by many, it is almost impossible to take down. However, they keep trying !
  22. Please let PK be safe

Here I sit in my home and though I am far away from the protests.. I cry to think another life lost or worse. I have family with roots in Iran.. There needs to be more anger and outrage in all countries... We who are not there risking our lives or our children must take a stand to help them. I only knew this person form their tweet and I cry for what maybe true. All people outside of Iran need to Unite and help our sisters and brothers. I pray they are all safe, but I know they are not.... May My God watch You and Yours protect you,
    Let Freedom Ring
  23. Several weeks ago I set up an anonymous tweeting service so those in Iran that didn't want their twitter usernames to be tracked could still get information out. It was initially spammed, so I shut it down for a while. Given the recent rumors about tweeters in Iran getting arrested, I've decided to open up the anonymous service again. Here's the URL:
    http://bit.ly/Gzd6L
    Anything entered will be retweeted under the username "irananontweet" with the #iranelection tag already added. I've also added some code to help protect against spam...not perfect but should cut it down. Please help spread the word to those that might need this service.
  24. Jaymax Moderator

To other mods and generally - Should we desticky this now? Twitter seems to have largely done it's dash, and we've got 'Tweets'.
  25. 1 tweets thread best

I think it is best to have just one sticky tweets thread. Easier to read/follow/catch-up.

Thanks.
  26. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them. I tweet like tweets. We tweet everyday. Last time I tweeted was a famous tweet. When I tweet my friends tweet too. Usually tweeting is fun. However I rarely tweet with a fun tweeter. Because I want to challenge non fun tweets to feel fun tweets. Once they feel fun tweeting I stop tweeting with them.
  27. Tweeting right!