Customize

Ex-Scientologist sues the cult for loss of girlfriend and business

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Re: Ex-Scientologist sues the cult for loss of girlfriend and business

Ok, like I said, I was not trying to be rude. It's just difficult to ascertain whether people are who they say they are in online settings.
  2. EyeOnSci Member

Re: Ex-Scientologist sues the cult for loss of girlfriend and business

Good luck David!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with this evil cult.
  3. david241160 Member

I understand .
  4. Random guy Member

Mr. Craig, be advised that the OSA do read these boards too, not just us Anonymous folks.

Good luck with the case!
  5. Anonynamefag Member

COST THE CULT MONEY. COST THE CULT MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHERS COST THE CULT MORE MONEY.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. _You_ Member

ROFL
  7. _You_ Member

All of this ^^^ & a shitload of shame.......wait......it Cult of Scam, they have no shame,nm, disregard, I suck cox :(

Good luck getting your life back together David, and powah to you in the just fight!
  8. Optimisticate Member

The shame will come in due time, and I'm sure many inside are feeling it and not admitting it.

Good luck to you, David. I'm glad you have your kid, that is what is most important.
  9. 3rdMan Member

and another added to the list of lawsuits. I wonder how much the cult pays for its lawyers?
  10. _You_ Member

Good luck, David!
  11. Smurf Member

Not as much as if they were private attorneys. I read somewhere that Moxon earned $60,000 last year, whereas, Elliot Ableson earned over $200K.

The different in income disparity is because Moxon is Sea Org.
  12. anonhuff Member

Moxon is so overworked he does 1200 weeks' worth of labor at Sea Org rates in a year.

more like cockson
  13. _You_ Member

That guy mongles something. I don't know what.
  14. Sponge Member

If it's Peter Hodkin on this one then it won't be much if anything.

Have you seen his letterhead "design"? Our window cleaner has better business stationery.
  15. _You_ Member

60k is still pretty good for sea org.
  16. Olrik Member

lol
  17. Olrik Member

Even too much but he certainly gives the money back thru 'courses' and shit so it's not lost.
  18. Lady.Nonymous Member

wait.. wat?! :confused:

Did I miss something?
  19. Olrik Member

AFAIR(emember), they refused to ban the cult. They moved to ban, but stopped the move.
  20. _You_ Member

No you didn't. They missed last year.
  21. Lady.Nonymous Member

Yes, that's the way it is. They are watching Scientology, but they haven't got proof that they have done such horrible things in Germany so they could ban them.. T_T° Might take quite alot to get them banned.. I mean, they haven't even banned the NPD yet (right-winged extremist party .. or however you call that in englisch ^^°).
  22. JohnnyRUClear Member

I said something very similar some time back. My idea was to create a tidal wave of lawsuits from exes by seeding a fund to help pay for the first one(s) upon the plaintiffs agreeing (contractually, if legally possible) to turn around and use their winnings to help fund the next one(s) -- and so on and so on and so on, until no more cult.

I still think it's a damn good idea, if it's doable.
  23. Olrik Member

One of the problems is that a trial takes a long time, especially with scilology...

...or...

They make financial agreements with people. The more people, the more cash to give away.

The second option is more efficient, but less lulzy and without PR efficiency...
  24. TehHerro Member

but still, this has win, why you ask? Because they have threatened to subvert the court system about child custody. A lot of people will be pissed on that count.
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

That is a good point. However, I think the days of the multi-decade lolsuits are about over for these twerps, now that they have thousands of masked buffoons chasing them all over the world, media ramping up their scrutiny, and staff blowing just about daily. They aren't going to be able to do their same old tricks any more.
  26. RightOn Member

Someone needs to do a vid for youtube in Italian
    Saying COS is not your goombas!
  27. Re: Ex-Scientologist sues the cult for loss of girlfriend and business

Maybe, but the cult hasn't run out of cash by a long way. If they chose to fight they can do so, and it won't be for any rational reason.

It is encouraging that this guy has a 'history' with the cult, and so is hopefully going into this eyes open. Others have not, as with Odhran Fortune's family who naively believed that they could shame the cult into returning their relative.

We shall see how Saint Hill reacts. So far they have led a charmed life, staying out of RPF despite their massive footbullets and inability to handle anything. This won't last forever!
  28. Olrik Member

I agree that 'we' have some effect, but not on the judicial system.
    The thing 'we' do pretty well is PR. Every move they make is publicized, as you say... but then if they avoid to sue because of bad PR, it won't cost them any bucks! We're in some sort of contradiction... ;)
  29. xenubarb Member

It's how the cult brought down the mighty IRS. Hundreds of nuisance lawsuits from individual Scientologists. Time that favor was repaid.
  30. TehHerro Member

the ironic death by a thousand cuts
    irony.jpg
  31. FUCK Member

^ Hehe.
  32. CarltonBANKS Member

I've only just discovered this. (I take loooong breaks from Chanology)

It's interesting
    • The person above, ITT, claiming to be David could be a trollol?
    • What is the name of the company?
    • Which city is this in?
    Did a little Googling, and found:

Code:
    David Craig
    Craig, David
    10 Princes Court
    Lyndhurst, Bournemouth 5043 7B5
    United Kingdom
    Tel. +44 238-028-2636
    Individual Professional

source: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/wise/wise_2004_directory.html
    However, the phone number doesn't work anymore. Must be old, out-of-date info.
  33. RightOn Member

this thread is two years old and is the story
  34. CarltonBANKS Member

yeah, I know dude.

I found the story first, then searched did this.

Wonder if this guys silence was bought, or if he was persuaded to keep his mouth shut.
  35. CarltonBANKS Member

Ex-Scientologist sues the cult for loss of girlfriend and business

A businessman is suing the Church of Scientology for hundreds of thousands of pounds, claiming that he lost his girlfriend and business after she became indoctrinated by the controversial self-styled church.

David Craig, who at one time joined the Scientologists, claims that he was persuaded to pay out more than £170,000 to the "spiritual cult" after his partner, Irina Glaser, was recruited by Scientologists. When, however, Mr Craig threatened to fight for custody of their infant son, he claims that Scientologists told him he would be expelled if he did not use their own judicial system to determine the case. The Scientologists did not wish to use what they referred to as "wog courts" (a derogatory term for the mainstream legal system), according to court documents seen by The Independent on Sunday.
    The 48-year-old, from Lyndhurst, Hampshire, eventually left the church in 2004, according to court papers. Now his impending High Court case threatens to expose the inner workings of the notoriously secretive organisation. Last week an Australian senator labelled Scientology a "criminal organisation", and Prime Minister Kevin Rudd hinted at his support for an inquiry into the organisation when he said: "I share some of those concerns."
    In France, Scientology is currently embroiled in a landmark case where it has been accused of ruining lives and illegally prescribing drugs. The German government has recently moved to ban the organisation.
    Founded by the science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard in 1954, Scientology now claims millions of supporters across the world, with the Hollywood stars Tom Cruise and John Travolta among famous devotees. Scientologists, who believe humans are descended from a race of aliens, claim that they can purify the human mind through a process called "auditing" or counselling.
    Mr Craig claims that Ms Glaser joined the Scientologists after she attended a psychic fair in December 1999. Ms Glaser, who allegedly had "mental health issues", was attracted by the organisation's claim that it could cure all mental illnesses and that conventional psychiatry did not work. For several days afterwards the pair were allegedly "inundated" with calls from the Scientology mission in Poole, Dorset, in order to "encourage them to join the cult". In January 2000 the couple attended the mission and, after a "personal efficiency test", were told that auditing would rid Ms Glaser of her illness. She then "followed their advice and instruction", giving up her medication and undertaking a series of expensive courses. During 2001 she "immersed" herself in the organisation, eventually joining the staff at its East Grinstead headquarters in Sussex. She cut off almost anyone she was unable to persuade to join the church.
    Mr Craig says he was "persuaded to give substantial sums of money to the cult" during 2001 and 2002 for Ms Glaser's treatment, his own auditing and the "work of the cult". But when he became "more concerned about the conduct of Irina Glaser" he told Scientologists at the Poole mission that he was prepared to go to court to fight for custody of their six-year-old son. Mr Craig was told by the Scientologists that he should use "the cult's own 'court'", the claim states.
    After leaving the church in 2004, Mr Craig was told that he was expelled from the organisation because he had involved it in court hearings about his son. It is understood the boy now lives with his father. Mr Craig, who declined to comment, is claiming compensation for the loss of earnings and also the loss of his business. The church had told him not to challenge the loss of his business franchises in 2002, which he claims were worth £750,000. He is also claiming for legal fees.
    The businessman claims that while he was "under the actual undue influence" of the church he also paid out £170,000 in fees and donations. Although £30,000 of this was repaid by the church, according to the court papers, he is now demanding the balance of £140,000.
    Ms Glaser is believed to be a member of the church still. No date has yet been set for the full hearing. Mr Craig's solicitor, Clare Kirby, declined to comment.
    A Church of Scientology spokeswoman said yesterday: "It is a nuisance, because it attempts to reopen something which was fully resolved in 2007. As far as we are concerned, it is in breach of the agreement Mr Craig made then. At a time when our church is enjoying unprecedented growth it is not unexpected that some disgruntled or self-serving individuals might seek to profit from our expansion, or for other reasons try to cause disruption."
  36. CarltonBANKS Member

37. wolfyrik Member

Yes indeed. It's an offense in UK trade law to claim that a product or service can improve physical or mental well-being.
  38. xenubarb Member

Who the hell is that grinning derpwad? He looks a lot like this derpwad:

surprisebuttsecks.jpg
  39. Sponge Member

The hairline/color, the lugholes, the penchant for pulling stupid faces when a camera appears, all indicate that it is the same person. Do you have a date and location for that pic?
  40. CarltonBANKS Member

Is that Ralph Angel in the background?