Customize

Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by AnonyFag, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Anoninlon Member

Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

Update

I've just emailed the UK's major newspapers; tried to cover both the print and online versions of the news, foreign affairs, features and editorial desks. Phew!

Again, for the benefit of other Britfags here's a list so you don't have to:
    Guardian/Observer, Times, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Sun, Mirror, Independent and News of the World.

I've also emailed Richard Behar, the journalist who wrote the first full-length criticism of Co$ for Time Magazine in 1991. I know he had a lot of problems with Co$ after his article was published, but thought it only fair to let him know what was going on, seeing as I was letting everyone else know!

Again, I'll let you know if anything comes of all this.
  2. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

Attn anons: don't let this stop you from doing the same. More people sending it = more incentive for the press to run with it. Plus (and I hate to sound rude, Anoninlon) I'm kind of a tinfoil hat guy, and it probably isn't good to not act because one anonymous poster said they have already done something.

Again, sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk. I just think when dealing with the kind of people we're dealing with, a little paranoia and precaution is in order.
  3. monamia Member

you are not a jerk. i worked on a project in hawaii (golf) with all these mainland sportsfags. we did a glossary of defs and pronunciations of local hawaiian/pidgeon words. this is a GREAT idea. A straight, concise defs. language is a PROBlem since LRon understood the advantages of isolation, confusion via a unique language/dialect (sometimes paranoid schizophrenia can look smart). to be effective, anons must define terms and not let scientology define words. [NOT wikipedia.] PR 101---

STAndard-ness and consistency is really important here.
    so, for example, in a press release, it would read sort of like this:

"We are not SP's (suppressive persons; perceived by the Scientology corporations as enemies of scientology believers); we are believers in choice and independence."

bad sentence, but you get the drift. This is a book-ish project for the wordsmiths withe participation of former inside experts---. Must be perfect in spelling and grammar.

Also a short paragraph citing Hubbard's ideas about the isolation of a contrived language--could be played off the bizarromundo tom cruise video.
  4. Anoninlon Member

Isn't good to do what? No offense taken, as I don't quite understand what you were saying there! If you mean protecting my anonymity, I've opened up a new email address solely for contacting media. I've not given any name or contact details at all. I've also just listed the latest developments, i.e. Jason Beghe and Wikileaks, without discussing Anonymous or anything else like that at all...

Hope I've got the right end of the stick!

EDIT: Now I understand - no, I'd encourage others to contact any media they can, but I wanted everyone to know what bases have been covered. It also took me some time to get all the contact details together, and just wanted to let others know the UK media have been approached. I don't have any qualms about other people repeating what I've done at all. I just hope that telling them how 'hot' this issue is right now will encourage them to do a full-length piece on it!
  5. Skeptic1337 Member

Yeah I forwarded this Vid to a few people who have no clue what "clear" is or actually scientology period.

The feedback was pretty mixed from them alot of "is this what happens when you become a scientologist? he sounds just like tom cruise". They have no clue what he's talking about.

Which is fine, I think the impact on this video is not for the general public but all the celebculties and rondriods out there.

Perhaps WBM could add a little fadeout blurb basically explaining what Clear and OT are to the genpop.
  6. Scythe Member

Wow the video has almost as many views as the original ``XENU TV Speaks to Anonymous`` video already.
  7. Consensus Member

I think all he means is that some OSA may have gotten the idea that making posts like yours (claiming to have already sent e-mails or letters to relevant people) will discourage anons from sending important correspondences. Of course, such an agent would be mistaken in their belief. But the poster has a very good point. He phrased it like that (apologetically) because he didn't want to imply that he thought you were OSA, merely that he's afraid they might use such a tactic.

I have to agree, and I don't think there's anything offensive about his suggestion. Send those letters!
  8. Anoninlon Member

Of course! Thanks for clearing that up. Well, it is an open forum, and anyone could post! He has every right to be suspicious! Well, I've listed the major press and media in the UK, so at least it's of some use to others.

Kind of on that note, although it's a bit off topic: There's an online petition to the UK Government, requesting the Co$'s request to be seen as a religion - i was too scared to sign as the website publishes petitioners' e-signatures as well as stores their addresses. Eek!
  9. Succubus Member

Holy Shit, definitely some Enturb- going on! lol

Another Note of Interest is page 4 of the article. Jason brings up the Anti-Gay policies again. I'm glad they are getting that word out too! The whole idea of a "church" committing personality crafting, instead of moral structuring is just sick.
  10. anon1957 Member

DIGG!: Digg - Former Scientology Actor: 'I was Miscavige's favorite boy'
  11. AnonymIceland Member

Props to the Village Voice for being inb4the rest of the print media....

Wow....if that interview is just scratching the surface, I don't know what will happen when he tells all. That's a thermonuclear missile aimed straight at the heart of the CoS.
  12. anon91-19 Member

that thing is just oozing win!!!
  13. Skeptic1337 Member

14. AnonEFG12365 Member

Anyone want to make another go at iReport and see if CNN gives a flying fuck now? I swear CNN is going the 5 year old route, and is LALALALALALALALALALALAing it up right now.
  15. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

Holy crap this thing in Village Voice is good.
  16. monamia Member

print pushes electronic. that's how it goes. village voice is a big big hit. ny times and la times are major. i shit you not. once web stuff gets into print then it's herd-mentality time and that works for us. so even though fewer may respond to print, they are more influential.
    that's how the new yorker trickles down. seriously.
  17. MollyBloom Member

Jason, OMG freaking fantastic, thank you so much for speaking out.

WBM, you rock, I want to kiss you.

Tory, I want to come dance with you.

You have all made my day. (I am a bit late coming into this thread, been busy as hell lately)

anonymous I wish I could bake each and everyone of you a cake for working on getting this pushed out in the media and scrambling to do comments everywhere it's going. :mrgreen:

Our stats are so up.

CoS stats are so down.

brb, comments to make.
  18. spanish Member

this thing is like a magnet for scientologists.
    i caught this guy reading it, hes got lots of videos i havent seen before:
    YouTube - readdianetics's Channel
  19. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

is it just me or was that beautiful! mooooore more interviews and for the love of everything good, WBM release the rest of the video, it will be EPIC i cant wait to see it! :D
  20. A.Non Hubbard Member

21. AnonyFag Member

Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks

Jason blew only seven months ago after 12 years in.

22. AnonyMama Member

Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks

Well, technically, Mrs. Robinson = a Cougar (older woman who likes younger men). A MILF can be interested in a man of any legal age, as long as they still have <most> of their teeth. ;)

Magoo, you need to take a break from this Scientology stuff and watch some Lifetime TV so you can keep up on all the newer terms for we ladyfolk. :)
  23. A.Non Hubbard Member

Actually, according to the Village Voice article, he routed out and promised to keep his lips sealed. Heh ^_^
  24. holdemm Member

Add another gossip site to the mix:

IDontLikeYouInThatWay.com: Jason Beghe Hates Scientology

25. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks

What's wrong with that?
  26. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks

but I didn't think there were MANY of us girls on the internet...and anyhoo most of time there's WAY too much testosterone, nice to have some balance
  27. MissAnonymous Member

Epic win for all!

I remember you from Veronica Mars, Cormac Fitzpatrick/Jason Beghe! Congratulations on the best choice you ever made, deciding to blow Scientology.

I really hope Jason posts here -- I've been watching the YouTube teaser interview, and I can't wait to hear more from him.

Here's hoping my other favorite Veronica Mars actor (Jason Dohring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) decides to blow as well.
  28. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks

hello...
    <<< girl here!

lol anywho again Kudos to Jason. Cant wait for more and more interviews. go Jason!!!
  29. Eff Member

It just broke 1000 Diggs a minute ago.
  30. AnonyFag Member

Thanks, Mousey!
  31. docpaul Member

oh this is great - lets hope the first of many.

This was a triumph
    I’m making a note here: huge success
    It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction........

Anyway this cake is great
    It’s so delicious and moist
  32. $noware Member

If you read this Jason, when your agent is scouting acting parts for you, remember over 350,000 views as I write, and you have thousands of new anon fans that will pay to watch you in a movie.

We, of course, do not support the illegal downloading of United Artist films.
  33. AnonyFag Member

Also folks.... be aware that this is only a teaser of the interview. Some have pointed out that those who don't speak Scilon may be confused by the jargon, but I think that this is going to be, in the end, part of a delicious 20 layer Black Forest Caek of Epic and explosive proportions....

That said, I would think that WBM will have a good lead in and run up to what means what in ScilonLand Speak long before we get to the Jason segment in the full-on documentary video.
  34. A.Non Hubbard Member

It's now making an appearance in the "Top in all Topics" sidebar :D
  35. Re: Ex-Scilon Actor, Jason Beghe, Speaks NEWS MEGATHREAD

and my stepmom was German, so I've had one of those...

</died>
  36. A.Non Hubbard Member

[IMG]

Fuckin' right.
  37. AnonymIceland Member

Biggest downstat yet?

Quite possibly.
  38. anonhuff Member

Umm.

Has anyone brought up the possibility of suing them for a refund based on it being a fraud yet?

He said he estimates having spent a million dollars, the village voice article that I just read. He deserves that money back.
  39. winanon Member