Customize

EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Sponge, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Sponge Member

EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School | RadarOnline.com

[Mod edit. Here are some previous relevant threads about this situation, for reference:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...smith-director-security-school-faculty-28076/
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...ws-justifies-study-tech-result-9-8-nva-28466/
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...cilon-academy-has-cleansed-its-website-20622/

See also this tag: Why We Protest | Activism Forum - Threads Tagged with new village academy
    ]

snippet...
    I think we can call that a win, sort of.
    (for bringing this shit plopping back into the public limelight).

----

Edit:
    Other outlets carrying the story today....
    Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Celeb News :: Smith family teacher leaves school
    STAR Magazine: Hottest Celeb website :: Breaking News :: Smith family teacher leaves school
    Daily Express | Showbiz :: Smith family teacher leaves school
    new! Magazine: If it's hot, it's here :: Latest News :: Smith family teacher leaves school
    Smith family teacher leaves school at Hollywood.com
    Tonight - Will Smith fires teacher
    Will Smith - Smith Family Teacher Leaves School - Contactmusic News
    Will Smith - Will Smith Fires Teacher - Contactmusic News
    Will Smith Fires The Head Teacher Of His Scientology-Inspired School | AHN
    Will Smith fires teacher | The List
    Will Smith fires teacher at Calabasas school - Monsters and Critics
    Will Smith fires teacher
    NEWS SMITH FAMILY TEACHER LEAVES SCHOOL Music, movie & Entertainment News
    Will Smith fires Scientology teacher
    Will And Jada Fire The Headmaster Of Their School Over Scientology Curriculum | The Frisky
    What's up with the Smith's 'Totally not Scientology' school?
    Will Smith fires teacher
    Will Smith fires teacher over Scientology issues
    Will Smith fires teacher over Scientology issues - The Financial Express
    Will Smith fires teacher | Sympatico / MSN CelebEdge
    Will Smith fires teacher over Scientology issues warning: annoying pop-ups
    Will Smith Fires Teacher
    Will Smith Fires School Principal Over Scientology : LimeLife
    Will Smith News | Will Smith Family Teacher Leaves School
    Will Smith sacks headteacher of his Scientology-inspired school
    Showbiz - News - Smith 'fires head of Scientology school' - Digital Spy
    Will Smith sacks headteacher of his Scientology-inspired school - news.smashits.com

DIGG IT:
    Will Smith's School Goes All Scientology - Boots Dissenter

edit2: NEW ARTICLE Follow-ups from the previous Radar Online article:
    EXCLUSIVE: Will & Jada New School Head's Scientology Connection | RadarOnline.com

DIGG IT:
    Head of Will Smith's School Connected to Scientology

Edit 3
    New York Post, page six: WILL SMITH'S SCIENTOLOGY TIES- New York Post- 9th August 09
    In print, photo: http://i28.tinypic.com/snyumf.jpg

A spokesperson for Will Smith denies that Olivier was fired over disagreement about the curriculum.

[Mod note: I thought the earlier story was that Study Tech wasn't part of the curriculum, but just (one of) the teaching methods used. Hmm. --ARC]

Mentioned also in Huffington Post | Will Smith's Latest Scientology Tie

Epic article from Glosslip with tons of info...
    GlossLip - Will and Jada Smith Fire Principal From Their Scientology School - 11th August 09
  2. amaX Member

3. AnotherMrPink Member

4. amaX Member

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

ty mr. pink. i was just getting ready to do that.

piano is a $cifag.

they've fired the woman who didn't like study tech to hire a cultie who has no problem with it.
  5. Sponge Member

(added: "sort of" win)

It brings it back into the public limelight.
  6. AnotherMrPink Member

Ok, if we have learned anything about Scientology...if a Scilon is brought in, then it is a Scientologist school.

However, Foster only took one course according to the database....to me that says cult friend more than cultist. moar digging.
  7. amaX Member

GARG!

"Olivier 'thrashed-out' a severance package with the couple and 'it’s understood that she signed a confidentiality agreement with regard to her time at the school.'”

if Radar sources are correct it looks like she won't be talkin'.
  8. Sponge Member

Piano Foster - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Piano Foster BASIC STUDY MANUAL Celebrity 367 2005-07-01
  9. Snake Member

lol We told her Study Tech was bad.

I think its funny how we warned her that Scientology will try to put more and more influence.
  10. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Not necessarily. Anyone can opt-out of the course completion announcements, as many in Hollywood do to keep from being called a Scifag. *cough* Josh R. Thompson *cough*

Take the completions, or lack thereof, with a grain of salt.
  11. lokimotion Member

Of course it's secular school, but they'll fired the head of the school for having problems with LRH study-tech.
    [strike]Someone, please, check to see if Piano Foster, the person tapped to replace Jacqueline Olivier, has any connections to Co$.[/strike]
  12. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

You'll probably want to re-read this thread.
  13. AnotherMrPink Member

Do you read threads or just comment blindly?
  14. Anonymous Member

Not like we didn't suspect already.
  15. lokimotion Member

I think that entry wasn't posted when I started typing mine.
  16. AnotherMrPink Member

sorry to thread hog...but this really makes me mad.

The egos of the Smiths!!!

They start a school and hire someone, Olivier, who I assume is a great educator, which is why the Smith's hired her. So, as a professional life long educator Olivier sees that Study Tech is all crap and that since Hubbard made them up decades ago education methods today are actually better! So when the professional voices their opinion to the dumb celebrities instead of listening to the professional, the know it all celebs think they know more about education than the educator and fire them.

What fucking egos.
  17. Whanonstler Member

Studie Tek wurks and it helps peepul.
  18. Anonymous Member

It's a win for those of us who are presenting educators with info on study tech - they're obviously paying attention. Non-Scilons who are getting educated on it are beginning to see right through the bogus claims and fail instructional technique.

It could be a win for us if she found wwp and joined us.

It could be a win for us (and any of the kids) if any parents remove their students from that school based on the principal leaving and the reason she's gone.

But, most importantly - t's a loss for the kids who have to undergo the piss-poor education that is study tech.

Maybe it's time to visit the school again and welcome the students and parents on their first day?

Who names their kid "Piano"?
  19. happy feet Member

It is possible that she is just in the educational field, maybe worked for some Study Tech tutoring crap, or came from a job where they did study tech. She might have taken the Study courses so she could be a private tutor for rich and famous scilon babies...

It is possible she isn't a full blown cultie, but a fanboi of study tech. (which is to say she is soon to be encouraged to take more and more courses)

The important point is to get Gawker, etc to start blaring that this proves the school is a scientology operation, and get Jada to have to publicly deny it again.
    "Is it true you fired the school administrator because she disagreed with Scientology's 'Study Tech'??"
  20. Snake Member

Agreed. Gawker and the usual bunch should get wind of this.
  21. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

[STRIKE]LARRY FLYNT [/STRIKE]THE RED NAME FAG IS RIGHT.
  22. amaX Member

Many of the students at this school will attend on scholarships. Poor kids from poor neighborhoods on scholarship at a school started by Big Willie and run by $cifags who need slave labor.

We know the cult is having trouble getting that new slave labor and has started pushing for public $ci's to cough up their own kids.

This ouster of Olivier is disturbing.
  23. RHill Member

I'm not surprised. That she has been fired is sort-of expected, she was probably hired in the first place to help such fraudulent statement as "not a Scientology school" more 'swallowable' when the school was publicized back in 2007 (I couldn't link Jacqueline Olivier with Scientology.)

"Study Tech" has been described variously as 'awful,' 'woefully inadequate,' 'moronic,' etc. by experts in the field of education. Jacqueline Olivier was probably an expert, and she came to the same conclusion.
  24. LilDebbie Member

25. Sponge Member

No chance of getting any info out of the old head.
    Mind you, even without an NDA, I wouldn't think that a head of a school would go spouting off to the press about their previous employer. I wonder how NDA's work with regard to local education authority inspectors, should they take an interest?
  26. Sponge Member

27. Optimisticate Member

I guess the Smith's haven't gotten their copy of the Freedumb Footbullet?
  28. Anonymous Member

Because Socal couldn't disclose every piece of information at the time, and probably still can't do so. Patience.
  29. Anonymous Member

Dropped a tip to Gawker.
  30. Anonymous Member

There is no local education authority inspector, per se. The state Board of Education oversees public schools, but private schools are free to do whatever they want to as long as it doesn't break any laws, unfortunately.

As far as NDAs in education, administrators don't sign one but, as with any other employement situation, it's best not to bad-mouth your previous employer. Oftentimes, however, when administrators are fired, a deal is worked with the terminated administrator that if they leave without making a fuss, the former school district won't provide them with a negative letter of recommendation or do anything to prevent them from obtaining another job in education.

This NDA is different in that it is asking the employee not to discuss the school. IANAL, but without seeing the NDA, I would assume she couldn't discuss the school, the Smiths, or why she left.

HOWEVER, she couldn't be prevented from expressing concern about study tech itself, as it is an educational THEORY. She would also be able to discuss any research she conducted on her own in relationship to the tech.
  31. Anonymous Member

scilon school is scilon.
    Don't care what Smith says now, as far as I'm concerned he and his wife are yet more dumb pieces of fodder for the cult of fuckentology. It's not like people aren't trying to warn them or let them know. Either he's deaf and stupid, a scilon, or getting serious paybacks for all this, in which case he might as well be a scilon anyway.
  32. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Please rephrase your post in English and post again.

Good luck!
  33. Mutante Member

Wot no Will Smith shoops?
  34. amaX Member

yeah, i posted that earlier. it sucks.
  35. RHill Member

Geez... It is Scientology scriptures. Scientologists even receive a tax-exemption on the same materials when delivered as Scientology rather than 'Study Tech.'
  36. RHill Member

My understanding of a ND is that both sides get something. What does Jacqueline Olivier gets for not speaking up?
  37. Anonymous Member

If the NDA was written by the Smith's own attorneys (who one would presume are reasonably competent) your caveat probably applies.

If the NDA was written by Moxxy or his associated assclowns, I'd be less surprised if the agreement contained language that amounted to an unreasonable gag. There might be provisions untenable or unenforceable, but the document could be pretty broad.

It's hard to say.
    [munching tinfoil popcorn]
  38. Anonymous Member

^^^ probably that.
  39. fitch2000 Member

free from "fair game"
  40. LocalSP Member

Just because she signed a ND doesn't mean that she, as an educator, can not give her opinion on Hubbard's study tech. In fact it would be her duty as a respected educator to point out programs that, in her opinion, do not work and could keep children from actually learning.