Customize

EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Sponge, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

As I said, no problem as long as it does not interfere with "best practice". That is not the case with "Study Teh". It is crap and you know it.

I can be very tolerant with belief systems, even outlandish ones, as long as it does not harm others. Miseducating children is not acceptable, IMHO.
  2. OTBT Member

Maybe the Smith's believed scientology's exaggerated claims about "Study Tech", like these scilon claims:

http://www.exposescientology.com/visadox/071005_Oct052007_02D4101.pdf

3. CoastalAnon Member

Does 'numerous' function as newspeak for 'two?'
  4. nonnonanon Member

The National Enquirer is always down for anybody with an IP that suggests they're in the UK.

The National Enquirer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In early March 2007 the paper blocked access to its website for British and Irish readers because a story about the actress Cameron Diaz that they had published in 2005 and for which she received an apology had appeared on the site. The apology concerned a story it had run in 2005 entitled “Cameron Caught Cheating” which turned out to be false – an accompanying picture was just an innocent goodbye hug to a friend, not evidence of an affair. Although only 279 British web addresses had looked at the story, it was deemed to have therefore been published in the United Kingdom. British libel laws are more plaintiff friendly and it is not necessary to prove actual malice for the plaintiff to win. As of March 2009, UK and Irish visitors are still presented with a blank page reading 'Page unavailable/under construction' when visiting the website. The magazine continues to be sold in Irish supermarkets.
  5. OTBT Member

Thanks for the info.
  6. CoastalAnon Member

Hey, Herro...
    She's a 'principal,' not a 'principle.'

Maybe you should check up on your MU.
  7. Optimisticate Member

8. TinyDancer Member

9. Optimisticate Member

TYVM I had seen that too. Odd isn't it? Both articles appear to have been edited recently as update times are within the last hour.
  10. RHill Member

Being a private school does not excuse fraud/misrepresentation. Selling "study tech" as secular is plain and simple fraud/misrepresentation.
  11. LRonAnon Member

Shame really, I like Will Smith.

Maybe, someday I will watch another of his movies.
  12. TinyDancer Member

13. RHill Member

Duh, that's easy, that's what the Church of Scientology itself said: The purpose of Applied Scholastics (the promoter of "study tech") is to recruit new people into Scientology:

CSI to IRS, circa 1992: "Division 6C, Field Control Division [Scientology secular fronts], encourages Scientologists to be active in attracting new members"

Scientology fronts: "Division 6C"

Incidentally, this brings to memory a good 1997 article on Study Tech, excerpt:

14. Anonymous Member

15. Django Member

12f719dfd393deb133618bd5466b7cb64g.jpg
  16. Anonymous Member

Daily Express (UK print equivalent to Faux) covers Woll Smoth school story

Schools not quite closed yet.

It's a small piece, but very important due to the readership of this paper.
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

You are exactly right! I was trying to explain why her firing wouldn't fall under religious discrimination. Now, fraud and misrepresentation to parents/students? That's another story.
  19. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Read this all over the place. Good for Ms./Mrs.? Oliver for not wanting to promote that Study Tech Faggotry. She "didn't feel comfortable" doing it. Congrats Ms./Mrs.? Oliver, you will continue to have a succesful, INTEGRITY filled career.
  20. Herro Member

Well,

Seems pretty direct.

Yes, the primary use of study tech by scientology is for the infiltration of the education system. However, thus far, as used by the Smith's school, study tech is divorced from the religious, scientology aspect. The Smith's are using it to stress hands on experience, learning gradually, and looking up misunderstood words in a dictionary. As of now, that really is a secular use. Could it change? Sure. But until that happens you can't make the claim that this is a scientology school and you most certainly can't make the claim that the Smiths are scientologists. I think the correct way to look at this is that the Smiths are being played.

Again, as the Smiths are using it, it's secular. That could change, but as of now there's nothing really to suggest that it's being used as a tool of religious indoctrination.

I agree that it's crap. And i agree that schools shouldn't use it because it is crap. However that doesn't mean that using it necessarily makes one a scientologist.

I forgot that old trick. Remember it's spelled principal because the principal is your pal!

Not really. What's intrinsically religious about hands on experience, learning gradually, and looking up words? It matters how it's actually used, not how it's intended to be used.

That's a bit extreme. Whatever.

Again, it matters how it is actually being used. Not how it is intended to be used.

Oh I'm quite serious.
  21. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Welcome back Herro...
  22. Antagone Member

But I wouldn't count Scientologists amongst them. Given the way the cult abuses children, anyone involved in it should never be allowed into a position where they have contact or control over minors.
  23. Herro Member

And we've officially crossed the line into bigotry.
  24. Anonymous Member

Ok, Herro, I'll play. We'll pretend Smiths aren't Scientologists and/or aren't trying to push the fake-ass cult on anyone. Then, why adopt shitty curricula with no research to back it up when investing the kind of money they did to build and run the school?

Don't give me the BS about hands-on learning, either. There are MANY experts out there with good solutions. Howard Gardner is one. Spencer Kagan is another, as is Jeff Howard. It isn't a new idea, and all the school districts I've worked in have used that for YEARS.

Using a dictionary to look up words is fine in some situations, but it isn't anything unique to have to use a specific tech (word clear lol). And they don't even do THAT right. All it is is rote BS. NO CRITICAL THINKING ALLOWED.

Their assessments are pieces of crap. Their curricula is garbage. The majority of their teachers aren't educated, let alone licensed, in important things like child development, critical thinking, brain-based learning, etc.

If they AREN'T trying to promote Scientology, why would they fire an administrator who had concerns about the tech? Neither Will nor Jada is a licensed educator or has an education background.

Strictly on the basis of study tech alone - the school is a scam.
  25. LRonAnon Member

I'm dAnGeRoUs like that!
  26. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Not so. Co$ has a history of shadey views and practices regarding minors/adolescence. ESPECIALLY if any of these kids required prescription medication. It's not a unfounded conclusion to state that you don't think people affiliated with such a organization, where they are trained to view children as "SMALL ADULTS" shouldn't be allowed to work in a field that assists in sed childs emotional and intellectual and hell maybe even physical well being.
  27. fitch2000 Member

STFU

j/k

kinda
  28. Anonymous Member

If study tech is secular, why is it tax free when you do it in the "churches" classrooms?
  29. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Not only that but any dedicated scientologist in such a position is going to KSW and certainly not be overt about it "for the good of mankind".
  30. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the crap that Applied Scholastics tries to push into public and private schools isn't exactly the same as doing a Purif or doing the L Rundown.

Yes, same source. Same nutbar cult. But same materials? As the damn kids would say these days, "nuh uh."

Critical thinking is hard.
  31. Vir Member

- Study tech is a fundamental part of Scientology
    - All schools using study tech pay licensing fees to Scientology through ABLE
    - New Village Leadership Academy's staff has a high number of Scientologists
    - They've fired a non-Scientologist leader and replaced her with a Scientologist, because the previous leader couldn't agree with Study Tech says a RadarOnline source

I think all of this has already been pointed out in this thread, so it would be great if you could read it.

This could have been possible, but with this latest development it's looking less like they're being played and more like they're either willingly doing this or being pressured.

Assumes facts not in evidence. Study tech is as secular as Scientology is secular.

Study tech is rote learning of doctrines by default. Do you know anything about the subject?

What makes study tech into study tech is that it is the Scientology method of learning, and introduces a poisoned version of education where good principles are perverted into a method of mind control. Hands on experience, learning gradually, and looking up words is how I learned too - that doesn't make it Study Tech.

If this was a case of them looking at Study Tech as a source of inspiration for their educational method, that would be one thing, but this is Scientology Study Tech going to be applied 100% KSW by Scientology teachers, with a paid license, and the parents might not have been aware of that.

I doubt that. This is just an exercise in re-stating the obvious to pass the time.

You know that Study Tech isn't just part of Scientology, but used in Narconon etc. too?

The only difference in materials is the removal of references to "Scientology". Rest is the same.
  32. Herro Member

Pretty simple answer- they've been convinced that study tech is great teaching methodology.

Good question. That's why I think that tax exemption is bullshit.

Rationalized bigotry is still bigotry.
  33. Anonymous Member

This means this school finances a Scientology front group via licenses, thereby financing Scientology. A school that pays fees to Scientology may rightly be called a "Scientology school" IMHO. Even if you don't agree with that expression, how about this statement: The Smiths set up a school that pays fees to a Scientology front group. They are helping fund an "empire" of a dictatorial guy who beats his subordinates. That's regardless of intent or whether they themselves are Scientologists.

If it can be shown this happens at the school it is even more easier to make the point of it being a "Scientology school".
  34. Antagone Member

Have we really Herro? Well do explain why since you're the one usually demanding people back up their statements.

I stand by what I say Herro. Anyone actively involved in supporting a cult which abuses children should not be allowed to hold a position where they can influence or exert control over children.

Now you can snipe about that all you want if it keeps you happy but you're not going to change my view on the matter.
  35. Herro Member

Again here's the problem. From what we know about how study tech is being used in this school- it's not religious. It does not matter why it was created or how scientologists like to use it. Like you said, learning hands on, looking up words, and learning gradually didn't make your education study tech- and this use of study tech doesn't make it scientology. When divorced from the other teachings of LRH, study tech is just a bullshit study methodology.
  36. RHill Member

37. Vir Member

You forgot to answer, so I'll do it for you: You were wrong.

That depends on whether the rationalization is valid or not. I mean, I could be seen as being bigoted for not wanting pedophiles and nazis being schoolteachers but there are very good reasons for not allowing them.
  38. Anonymous Member

Apply your comments to the Catholic Church and its vast network of schools, and see if they still don't sound bigoted to you.

^
  39. Ann O'Nymous Member

And why are the Smiths willing to pay fees for a "tech" LRH decided it was his own. Does not add up, IMHO.

Added to other actions taken by the Smiths, I am satisfied that they are scientologists. Full stop.
  40. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

*facepalm*

(I'm not a Scientologist, but...) I'm not defending study tech. I'm simply saying that it's in a different packaging and extremely watered down - it's not even really on the same level of the indoctrination that Narconon/Criminon.

Before you get all kneejerky up in my grill, I agree that it is indoctrination.

However, I find it very difficult to compare obsessive dictionary use to "MAN AND JESUS RAN AROUND WITH THE DIINOOSAURS 4000 YEARS AGO DAWW SHUCKS AIN'T OUR ONE TWU GOD SWELL?!!" That's a bit of the apples and oranges, to me.

Inb4Herro's socking.