Customize

EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Sponge, Aug 5, 2009.

1. AnotherMrPink Member

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

I usually back Herro, usually Herro is logical.

But as all things have been proven before numerous times, any Hubbard Tech = Scientology, or funds it, or opens the door to it. Business Tech, Study Tech, Applied Scholastics, etc. Don't deny Study Tech = Scientology.
  2. Anonymous Member

Oh God. LOL! You can't make this up.

New Village Leadership Academy Curriculum NVLA Program Overview

STUDY TEC WERKS!
  3. Kilia Member

Hey Scientology!
    In the words of Sarah Palin:

"QUIT MAKIN' THINGS UP!!"
  4. RHill Member

Did you know that Hollywood Education and Literacy Project (Los Angeles)'s purpose is to "To improve lituracy/education level." [pdf]

And that World Literacy Crusade of Florida, Inc.'s purpose is to "serve underprivaledge yout" [pdf]
  5. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

Ifter goin ta New Village Leadership Academy uh nose house ta skreak inkrish reel gute!

stoodi tackwereks
  6. whosit Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjbf-dHjW0"]YouTube - What is a Yoot?[/ame]
  7. Hicks Member

Herro,

I hate to say it, but you're being a fag right now.

Everyone else,

You are all acting like special ed students that just stomped a beehive.

That being said, will smith by this move imo just confirmed what we all thought.
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

TL;DR Everbody - except Herro - agrees on the main points. Let it to its nitpicking and move on.

EDIT Hoops. Parallel thinking.
  9. Herro Member

[SPOILER=tl;dr: Scientology is not Scientology]
    Sometimes an outside perspective can be helpful.

Rationalize it all you want but you've constructed all scientologists as monsters that are likely to abuse children. That's bigotry.

I'm well aware of all that. But they aren't teaching any of those religious aspects. Read the curriculum again. The kids aren't learning that they got a bad grade on the test because of ARC breaks- they're learning that there's an aspect of the material they haven't mastered yet. They aren't learning that hands on learning is useful because of the relation between physical and mental energy- they're learning that hands on learning is useful experience. Seperated from the religious teachings in this way nobody is being instructed in scientology doctrines. By your logic any time a child is encouraged to look up a word in a dictionary they are doing scientology.

Again, it's only scientology if the educational methodology is put within the religious context of scientology. That is not happening here. The justification for the use of study tech is secular in nature. Regardless of the intent the outcome is that students are not receiving scientology teaching.

Removing the word scientology doesn't change anything but removing the teachings of scientology changes everything.

You're right, what it's called is irrelevant- what matters is the actual content. And so, being called study tech doesn't necessarily mean it's being used as a part of scientology. Study tech is not intrinsically religious. It can be. But it can also be used as a (worthless) secular pedagogy.

No it doesn't because what matters is how it's used.

If scientology isn't part of the cirriculum, and there's no evidence that it is, then it doesn't matter how devoted they are because they aren't going to be teaching about scientology.

The set of codified beliefs and ritualistic practices that make up the lived experience of Scientology by believers. As used here, study tech does not fit into that understanding of the religious aspects of scientology.
    [/QUOTE]

Read the approach to teaching of the school again. How is it training children like dogs to comply with out question?

I think my questions are perfectly relevant.

Your comparison would only have been accurate if daily meditation was a part of the school and was done without instruction in Buddhist teachings.

Why are you so hung up on that troll?

Lol no debbie.

Study tech can = scientology, but it doesn't have to = scientology. As it's being used here it's not scientology.[/SPOILER]
  10. Re: EXCLUSIVE: Will and Jada Fire Head of Their School

I think this horse is good and dead, it's time to move on.
  11. Herro Member

Fair enough.
  12. Anonymous Member

Great Walls Of China! was that half a page back there?
    Oh, and I'll just leave this here...

blsmithhooked.jpg
  13. theLastAnon Member

Best part of this thread.
  14. Herro Member

I agree.
  15. Anonymous Member

Poor Snake, look what you did to his shoop.
  16. Snake Member

As the creator of the original shoop I am going to have to ask you to die in a fire.
  17. theLastAnon Member

I have not seen the original...please share it.
  18. Snake Member

schoolsclosedul4.jpg

This needs an updated version. I dont like the choice in brushes I used.
  19. theLastAnon Member

Snake, my apologies. Of course I'd seen that. I simply did not recognize it. It was Epic then and is Epic now.

Just saying, "Hubbonics" was lulzy.
  20. muldrake Member

Study Tech is just ordinary introductory Scientology doctrine repackaged. Under the legal position adopted by Scientology, any LRH tech is "scripture," period. It doesn't turn into secular material just by slapping a new label on it, any more than the Bible would become secular if you just said it was and taught it in a school; or for that matter that creationism becomes secular when you call it "intelligent design" and teach it in a school as "science."

Scientology's Study Technology - Essay - Dr. David Touretzky

Selling study tech as secular education is simply fraud, as it is nothing of the sort. The idea that Scientologists, teaching Scientology scriptures in a Scientology school, is somehow secular, is nonsense. It is not optional to try to recruit people into Scientology in a situation like this. It is mandatory. Any Scientologist who failed to do so would end up declared. Any wog who refused to go along with it would end up fired, exactly what has just happened.
  21. Snake Member

I'm suprised that shoop hasn't been put on his ED page...

....*wink wink*
  22. Anonymous Member

23. mrfyde Member

Well you seemed to cherry pick your answers -

But you don't explain what the codified beliefs are, but if I was to accept your half-assed definition (and I don't) you still show no difference between the practices of the study tech and Scientology because they are compatible.

I have read and re-read (prior to your suggestion) parts of the study tech. And used the analogy of dog training to show the false system of logic present in both Scientology as well as in the study tech. When a dog is trained to go thru a course of actions the end goal is one chosen by the trainer. If he does "it" right he gets a reward, if he doesn't he needs to do it over and over until he does (and is punished in some cases) the same is true with KSW and study tech, word clearing is not just one word and looking it up. It takes weeks to word clear KSW in a LRH approved dictionary filled with "loaded language" (see R.J. Lifton) I could also argue that word clearing the way it is taught has the same effect as touching spots on the wall, or 8C in Scientology. (Hubbard in a lecture talked about wall touching being an 8C control although 8C is often considered a more of a non verbal thing.) The idea that a MU is the reason for not advancing is that false system of logic, as well as the reward/punishment system, controlling of time, and rewriting behavior paterns that define what a cult is. (See Singer)

I have to say that once again you seem to answer all questions in a way that would suggest you have not done your homework unless you are going out of your way to imply that other than word clearing you are unaware of what study tech is.

Please tell us how you are even familiar with study tech and point to the parts that do not reflect Scientology (other than you have heard it is NOT Scientology.)

(sorry wrote this after the retarded beehive comment and before the spoiler box was added.)
  24. themadhair Member

I have study tech books in front of me right now. I can cross reference the ideas directly to Hubbard P/L’s almost for every page. Just because the curriculum doesn’t mention things like the Tone Scale doesn’t mean that the ideas based upon them aren’t religions.

To use the ID analogy which really is quite apt here, the definition of creation given by the pre-1987 version of Panda’s is:
    Creation means that the various forms of life began abruptly through the agency of an intelligent creator with their distinctive features already intact. Fish with fins and scales, birds with feathers, beaks, and wings, etc.
    Post 1987 this became:
    Intelligent design means that various forms of life began abruptly through an intelligent agency, with their distinctive features already intact. Fish with fins and scales, birds with feathers, beaks, wings, etc.
    Since this doesn’t mention the word ‘creation’ it mustn’t be creationism according to your logic. In studytech the idea that an m/u can cause the student to go ‘spinny’ and is the only reason to give up study is squarely based upon Hubbard’s concept of the ARC triangle and the Tone Scale – just because those concepts are not mentioned expressly in no way renders the ideas based on them any less Scientological.

This doesn’t even make sense. Have you read any studytech materials or books? The reason I ask is because the above comment doesn’t represent it.

But they aren’t separated Herro. Wordclearing is a ritualised practice within the classroom. If a student yawned when reading it must be due to an m/u or too steep a gradient according to studytech. The resulting forcing of the student to do ritualised wordclearing, demo kitting, etc. is very definitely doing Scientology.

We aren’t talking about simply looking up words in a dictionary are we? We are talking about a specific educational methodology that turns such actions into a ritual that pressures a student into accepting the material as opposed to actually understanding it. Maybe you should take the advice you give above and actually read the books used in studytech? Because what you seem to be defending is not what studytech is.
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

No there aren't.
  27. Anonymous Member

^ that post is all the proof I need.
  28. TinyDancer Member

This is the key issue.

Herro, ITT you over-simplified study tech.

Study tech teaches the individual that their thoughts and questions and doubts are not to be trusted. Rather, the dictionary (an authority) is always right. (Query whether study tech utilises dictionaries written by Hubbard, thereby positing him as the authority.)

For some reason, Herro thinks this is not scientology. It is the ESSENCE of scientology.

EDIT: Apologies. Dead horse, etc.
  29. Anonynamefag Member

Now to re-rail the thread...

I really, really want to believe that Will Smith is not a Scientologist, as he claims. However this, coupled with his big donation to Co$, makes it very hard to believe.
  30. anon555 Member

not sure if this was mentioned anywhere (or if anyone is interested):

Private Schools - School Identification (CA Dept of Education)

(see line 974 in excel doc) For the 2008-2009 school year, New Village had total enrollment of 48, with the biggest class size of 11 for 5th grade. no wonder they're combining grades. It is listed as religious, with no church affiliation. but to be honest, all the schools on the list were listed as religious, so maybe its some sort of tax thing. List was updated as of June 2009, it still has "Dr. Olivia' listed as head.
  31. churchlady Member

Thanks triple 5 for getting this back on track. I am currently doing covert research. Has anyone found out if Piano even graduated from college?
  32. Anonymous Member

I have found no record of her being state-licensed in education. This doesn't mean she doesn't have a college degree, and some states won't provide the info I've been looking at w/o the person's SSN. Just wanted to provide what little info I had.

Also, read your last sentence aloud. My eyes are crossing, so I read it aloud and hearing the word "Piano" as a first name made me lol. :D
  33. anon555 Member

cant find anything on that woman. google keeps giving me piano teachers and her:
    L125GPXL.jpg
  34. Anonymous Member

L. Ron had a doctorate in philosophy.
    Even if you can find any backup for Piano's qualifications, a sheepskin is dubious at best.
    I think I'd trust Saxophone Samantha or Blues Harp Bill more than Piano, particularly in light of the current situation.
    In fact, Saxo-Sam has my vote...
  35. Anonymous Member

The bolded part has been debunked in many, many sources...
    Lafayette Ron Hubbard never earned a college degree (the one he got was fake)...Also Scilon are starting the takeover of Will Smith' school..I wonder how they convinced Willy to get rid of that lady and hire that Scilon lady?
  36. Anonymous Member

Yes there is.
  37. churchlady Member

Has anyone looked at the names named in my post #86? By the way, I would trust our families piano teacher to run a school, or the world. She's Catholic, not a scilon.

There may be some connection with FASE that we are just learning about. What do you find for them?

I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.
  38. Anonymous Member

Yes, I have been looking into it, it will take me some time as I have other things I need to do....Anyone else?
  39. Anonymous Member

40. Anonymous Member

LOL@this Australian headline for the BANG article:

Will Smith fires Scientology teacher

A casual reading of the headline could suggest that the teacher was fired for being a Scientologist, when the opposite is what the article says.