Customize

ExOT8Michael book project.

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by exOT8Michael, Mar 18, 2011.

1. exOT8Michael Member

In order to "uncelebrate" the 100th anniversary (no "birthday", as he is extremely dead) of the fake guru Hubbard I am intending to write a book to debunk Scientology from a very new viewpoint.
    I think the world need to know what I have to say. Too many people have been scammed by Scientology, and the fraud continues. Anonymous has weakened the cult and that is "epic win", but more needs to be done.

I am just going to leave this here.

Details:

I had direct experience of being a Scientologist from 1973 to 1997. I went from "raw public" to OT8 and spent about half a million dollars to do it. I knew Hubbard's children and the top trained Scientologists and was a very top Scientologist "public" person.
    I was a staff member for almost 3 years, and a "Scientology celebrity" (with the same handlers and connections as all the other celebs in the cult) for over 15 years.
    I had close and frequent association and friendships with top Scientology executives, mostly in Clearwater as an OT7 and OT8.
    After a very costly and difficult six year internal fight against injustice I got from Scientology management from 1991 to 1997 I left Scientology and filed a major lawsuit against DM and all the relevant Scientology corporations. I knew I was putting myself at high risk but I decided to go ahead anyhow. Rather than lose the case in Court (as they surely would have) the Scientology cult litigation mob chose to abuse the Justice System, engage in illegal actions they could "get away with", as well as over-litigating to bankrupt both me and my attorney, Graham Berry. Due to being bankrupted I was forced to drop the case.
    The experiences I had in Scientology were unique, and insights I gained about the workings of this insidious cult have not yet been published, especially in a book. I have been "healing" from this bad experience since 1997, and part of that was to make notes of the insights I had about the cult and how it manipulates people. Those (large amount of) notes will be the book contents. Those insightful notes are fully ready to be written up.
    A main viewpoint of this book will be why Hubbard technology is a trap for innocent people, and how it does that. It will also contain examples of why the "tech" does not work in fact.

Here's why I post this here (and please feel free to cross post this in full to other sites).
    I can write the book but I need time to do it, and funds to make that time available. I work 3 jobs to make ends meet but have no extra money to make the time to write such a book as this.
    I am asking for help with this aspect of getting the book done.

People can help by donating, or abstain from helping, as they wish. I have never asked for anything on here before for my own interests, and that is not the aim here. I think this is of general interest and importance so is a wider social matter than just "all about me". I don't feel any need or desire to do anything all about me anyways.

I am asking for donations, but if folks want something for their cash in return I am willing to send art reproductions of my artworks (www.mpattinson.smugmug.com) in appropriate measure to give good value. The help I get will be very appreciated, and I respect anonymity of Anons totally (as I have since 2008).

I will create the book with the resources I may receive, so if I get big help = big book, small help = small book. LOL Time is money.
    It will be nice to get this info out.
    I can self publish this if no other publisher gets interested, so it will get done.
    I am sure we will come up with a great title.

Logistics;

PM; here on WWP as ExOT8Michael

My email : mpattinson@gmail.com

...which is my PayPal email account, so you can donate there if you want to.

My address (which has never been a secret) for money orders or travelers checks anonymously or personally sent, or for checks or whatever. Thanks !!! in advance for your generosity. Love U guise.

Michael Pattinson
    1320 Miller Drive, West Hollywood, California, USA 90069.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. peterstorm Member

Good luck on your book project.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Two points:

Firstly, between donating to WWP, Bunker, ponying up to keep various websites going, transport, stamps, printing costs, etc. I just cannot stretch any more. I suspect others are in the same boat.

Secondly, if you have the note available then why not release those? Community involvement might alleviate the need for money at all.
  4. exOT8Michael Member

Notes are bits of paper and reminders, not understandable text.
    They have to be unzipped, so to speak so they make sense to someone other than me.
    I know of the economic situation.
    Don't worry if you just can't do anything. No problem.
    Some, I hope, will be able to do something.
    :)
  5. Anonymous Member

6. exOT8Michael Member

7. Anonymous Member

Michael, you've made your story available as a downloadable book. Is what you're working on going to be different—say, more fleshed out, more details?
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

I could help with proofreading, if that's not already covered.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

I can do similar when the time comes.

Kickstarter might be useful for fund raising:

http://www.kickstarter.com/

Last year, when I was way more flush with ca$h, I donated a little money to a filmmaker trying to get his film finished.

The setup was interesting; donation amounts determined things like getting a DVD of the finished work; getting a mention in credits, etc.

It might work with a book.
  10. Good luck. It sounds like it will be one hell of a book.
  11. exOT8Michael Member

Yes, and it will be more focused on Scientology as a scam and not just my personal story.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. exOT8Michael Member

It will be if it gets done. :) Thanks.
  13. RightOn Member

much Luck with the book Mike!!!
    looking forward to it!
  14. CarterUSP Member

Exciting idea. I'd read it.
  15. exOT8Michael Member

I sure hope enough support comes through to make that happen.
  16. RightOn Member

Mike, if you are low on funds, the best way to go is to prolly self publish an "e" book. Self publishing has become quite popular. It is very inexpensive.
    I am sure people will help spread the word about your book once it's out.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

This quote is from the OP: "Here's why I post this here (and please feel free to cross post this in full to other sites).
    I can write the book but I need time to do it, and funds to make that time available. I work 3 jobs to make ends meet but have no extra money to make the time to write such a book as this.
    I am asking for help with this aspect of getting the book done."
    • Like Like x 1
  18. exOT8Michael Member

Yes, publishing isn't the problem Funds to take time to write it is, and that is where help is needed.
  19. RightOn Member

oh ok.. sorry
    but self publishing may be a good option to save you some dough. And "e" books are on the rise
  20. exOT8Michael Member

Totally got that, thanks.
  21. RightOn Member

<3
  22. exOT8Michael Member

Yes, the book would have stuff that has not been told before.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. exOT8Michael Member

Thanks Johnny! :)
  24. exOT8Michael Member

This has not gained support, so I guess i will have to shelve the idea until something changes.

If anyone sends me a reasonable amount of funds I will take the project up again.
  25. exOT8Michael Member

An Anon asked for prices and sizes of the art prints at

www.mpattinson.smugmug.com

so I just posted the infoz in the Bio section.
  26. Anonymous Member

Ask again when the national unemployment rate is not 12.3%.
  27. Anonymous Member

Ask again when people don’t feel queasy donating for a product that hasn’t started, from a man with no track record of producing in this area, on a product that there is no guarantee will be worth it and on a product that public won’t get to see unless they pay for it.

In terms of chanology this is an investment with no real worthwhile payoff. In wider terms it becomes easier – Mike needs to STFU and write the book already. If it were worth it you would make the time. As it stands this, to me, reeks.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

You should ask AGP to share some tips on how to get the public to fund your protest activities.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. I hope you write the book whether you get money or not. I know what you said in your original post about needing the time and the money to make the time but I hope somehow you will start on it anyway even if it takes you a week to write just one page with your 3 jobs and all.

I'd send you some money but all I could afford is about 20 bucks or even less. Well, it would at least help pay for your gas if you drive a car or maybe some paper but not much else.

I do believe one thing: If the need to write this is so great that you can't help it and it just has to come out; then this book will get written.

Good luck.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

Will Anons pay me to quit my job so I can haz a hobby?
  31. exOT8Michael Member

I could send you a cheezburger if ya want...
  32. Anonymous Member

Look, if you want money - Start a religion.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. exOT8Michael Member

This is not the case.
    I would love to leave the cult "yucky and painful experience" behind, and that may happen due to insufficient interest in the book, and that is fine with me as I have no "must write" or "has to come out" obsession/drive to write it. I am, however, willing to go back into the hell hole memories one last time to compile the learning experience (from the notes I have) and write up a book that could possibly help current cult members wake up to the scam they are hypnotized into and to give insight to the general population about how Scientology achieves its fraudulent ends, from an insider/celeb/trained OT8 point of view.

I have sacrificed a ton, or many tons, of personal well being, money, time, persistence and freedom to be a whistle blower against Scientology. I got my credit rating/score ruined when I personally sued Scientology back in 1998 due to abuse by the cult litigation mob. I am not interested in repairing it any more, so I will go it alone. Please don't send me suggestions of how to repair my credit, as I am not interested. Credit will not get this book written. I am not going to finance or fund this book myself as i feel I have already given enough personally.

I have helped a whole lot with Chanology since 2008, and it has been a total blast, but expensive in time and effort. If one, or some, anons want to sponsor the book then it will get written. If not, I am fine with that, and will go on my way to greater and less painful things. I just can't finance this effort any more myself. I am not asking for any more or any less than WBM or AGP got, and I am not interested in a hugfest, a bawwwwwfest or suggestionfest. For me, "suggestions" are what one gives after deciding to NOT give what the person is asking for, for whatever reason.

In short, I will see how this goes or does not go with equanimity and no obsession with an agenda on it. Hoping you understand.
    I know NYPA and all that, but this is not an army matter. It is a question of freedom of choice whether it happens or not, value of speech and whether to support the writing, and has a by product to piss off DM in his opulent criminal bunker. I would probably send him a copy. I will let Anonymous decide what happens with this, or does not happen. Trolling the thread will just add LULZ for me, so thanks in advance. :-P Having exposed the cult since 1997 has given me a thick skin, I guess.

Cool, just went over the 6000 ExOT8Michael posts count on WWP. :)

Love U guise, even though Anonymous is not my friend, but I know we all like cake.
  34. Thanks for the explanation and I guess it would take far more words to completely explain your case. I think I understand at least some of what you said. On the other hand, the fact that you started this thread in the first place makes me think that there is a book inside of you that has to come out. But it doesn't matter in the end if that is the case or not the case. I hope things work out for you even a little bit. Stay alive and stay safe.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. exOT8Michael Member

This is still "live".
    I welcome any support that does come on this.
  36. Zak McKracken Member

... so, if the project doesn't gel and the book never gets written,
    its all Anonymous' fault. Right? ;)

More seriously though,
    when WWP picks up new "credit repair" spammers, should we redirect them all to you?
    Or just the ones that sound legit?
  37. exOT8Michael Member

Only if they are gay and cute. :)
  38. exOT8Michael Member

L Ron, is that you? ;-P