Customize

Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by MongoLloyd, Aug 2, 2009.

1. MongoLloyd Member

Let's just recall this screencap for posterity..
    2hhit7k.jpg

Oh that suppressive person!
  2. Sponge Member

Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Nah.
    Poor resolution is poor.

Maybe start a new thread? There is potential for massive tinfoil and armchair shoop experts getting in the way of the current fapping in this thread.
  3. LarryBren Member

Here is the tip of the iceberg about just that, from my blog.

FWIW

A series of postings called “The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies and Misdirection”:
    Posting #1 - October 7, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - “The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #2 - October 7, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - “The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #3 - October 7, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - “The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #4 - October 10, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #5 - October 11, 2008 Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #6 - October 13, 2008 Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #7 - October 18, 2008 Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #8 - October 24,2008 Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #9 - October 30, 2008 Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #10 - November 11, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #11 - November 18, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies
    Posting #12 - November 26, 2008: Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - The Miscavige Legal Statements – a study in Perjury, Lies

IMHO Miscavige will be gotten on the stands in different cases (or they will just settle/lose the cases) and this time he will NOT get away with lying.
  4. charlie Member

the pics in the mag of the smaller ideal orgs are not the best quality so went down to the one in "underland" to get some better pics LOL. fortunately for me I new its not in sunderland but gateshead .
    also sent them to the sptimes

underland. I take they mean sunderland. problem is its not in sunderland its the supposed ideal org
    in GATESHEAD LOL 11 miles away.
    dsc00126t.jpg

Its not a very good picture so I decided to help with some better pictures.

dsc00122s.jpg

dsc00125sns.jpg

View attachment dsc00123srj.jpg

dsc00124wkj.jpg

old one from last year. there's a few more broken windows but its basically unchanged

dsc00128qw3.jpg
  5. qwertyuiop1 Member

Has anyone else noticed the confetti coming from nowhere? there is no one on the roof to throw it and none of the windows seem open. did this stuff just appear in the air? This whole thing is just killing me.
  6. Anonymous Member

cover up the repeat pattern of people.

cycles.png

poorly done but you get the general idea
  7. amaX Member

lulz
    looks like one of those confetti cannons.

Hey! Look through the second window of the walkway that goes across Ft. Harrison Ave.

You can clearly see through that window that there are NO people standing in what would be an ideal spot to watch the festivities. You can even see the red carpet through the window, but no homo vovuses---novii?
  8. RHill Member

I like how it is emphasized that David Miscavige didn't "just repackaged"...

[COLOR="Red"]2009: "100 percent unadulterated SOURCE"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]1991: "...gotten fully on-source"[/COLOR]
    LOL
  9. Anonymous Member

If you look at the pics of Nashville CC opening they have large tarps that release the confetti out of frame.
  10. Anonymous Member

Even if shooped, the crowd in the photo doesn't appear to number much more than around 400, maybe 500 people tops. The stage appears to be just off to the left side of the photo so there wouldn't be much point in any crowd gathering beyond that boundary. The sidewalks are more or less clear of people. If there were as many as a hundred more people that didn't manage to fit in the photo it would be surprising.

As was the case in Nashville, the space is pretty much of a walled canyon with little to no room for a crowd to spread out beyond the confines of the street itself.
    I'd guess the crowd (even if shooped) to be at most, 10% of what was claimed.
  11. qwertyuiop1 Member

Yeah but the area this confetti is coming from has no delivery system. the only place this could have come from is the roof. A confetti canon does make sense though. I didnt think of that. but with what we know about the crowd below its still possible the confetti is shooped.
  12. Sponge Member

I think the cult have largely learned their lesson from shooping the audience after Arnie Lerma exposed them (although nothing would surprise me anymore).

Yeah, if the cult is claiming that there were ovar 9000 people attending an event then you can be certain, with all that "scientology is expanding" rhetoric, that they would really want to show that in their publicity material. In the Fort Homicde example, where they have penty of room, DM would never allow the cropping out of the crowd and you can be sure that DM would want all of them outside for the photo-op. So, with the cults own photos and with what clearwater anons have reported, one can be pretty confident that the extraordinary attendance claims are a lie or perhaps, if one was beng kind, partly extrapolated from attendance over a period of days of an event rather than the actual number of people in front of the podium at the time.
  13. Sponge Member

They may well use high res source but when you scan photos in most magazines and books you get an interference or "moire" pattern due to the printing process they use (mostly offset press, typically at 150 - 200 lpi). Some shooping programs have a specific feature to remove moire patterns but, if not, sometimes you can just blur them, preferably a Gaussian Blur of a hi res scan of the mag which preserves more of the detail than ordinary blur. I tried it and it works. So, if someone can scan the required pictures at epic-mega-resolution (600dpi should be more than enough) in compressed TIFF (which is not lossy like JPG is) then, after fixing the moire problem, you may have something better than the cult's online source. You don't get something for nothing though but at least it won't have the JPEG compression artefacts. Note that the scan resolution is optical resolution, not interpolated resolution which is a shitty software way to give higher resolution from cheap low res scanner optics.

Have I lost you yet? LOL.
    This probably needs another thread.
  14. auchraw Member

I'm about 200 pages behind but Iva Ryggestahl has something to do with the new org in Malmo, Sweden. Opened April this year.

Scientology opens prominent new church in Arlöv - Church of Scientology European Office for Public Affairs and Human Rights
  15. MongoLloyd Member

Yuck, endorsements. Needs 'pooning.

Anyway, it appears she's with Folkpartiet (liberals) and is elected as an 'ersättare' ('replacement', i.e. a kind of "vice-member") for the Skåne region's board of culture, and as a member of the "regional comittee on growth and health in southwestern Skåne".

IOW: A second-rate local politician who probably isn't even a name among her own electorate. Not that she gave much in the way of an endorsement to begin with, it seems. (wonder what she now, after her local paper's big exposé?)

"Professor" Bertil Persson is apparently some kind of fringe church leader. He's got his own webpage and a (presumably vanity-edited) wikipedia page. Neither actually mentions what he's supposedly a professor of or where. (as if it were a title rather than a job) In any case he's not a professor of any Swedish university.

The "Dr" Adly Abu Hajar (who doesn't seem to be referred to as such in any Swedish media reports) is a Malmö imam and member of Moderaterna (conservative-moderate), which apparently makes him a "local politician" even though he's doesn't seem to be holding any public office ATM. (someone should perhaps inform the dear imam about Hubbard's views of islam.

But in short: A big fat load of nobodys. Oh and I loved the new pics on that link from the inauguration.. Israeli flags! WTF! They brought folks in from Israel to fill out the numbers! That's not even on the same continent!
  16. Vir Member

Hey there are Israelis in the Eurovision Song Contest and at the Anonymous European Megaraid in London, so I think we'll let that pass.

It's worse that Scientology considers Pakistan and India part of the United Kingdom.
  17. Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Iva Ryggestahl Owner, IPR Juristbyra AB

Malmö Area, Sweden

Current•Owner at IPR Juristbyra AB
    Connections 1 connection Industry Law Practice
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iva Ryggestahl’s Experience
    Owner
    IPR Juristbyra AB
    (Law Practice industry)

Currently holds this position

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/iva-ryggestahl/9/bb7/716
  18. MongoLloyd Member

Yeah she apparently runs her own law firm. Not doing too well since her total revenue for last year was just 210k SEK. Apparently the Scilons got the "Dr" thing from her claiming to have a Juris Doctor from Poland. Not that that degree (or any other foreign law degree) is worth the paper it's written on in Sweden.

I forgot the third guy, Gunnar Bramstång - who's the only bona-fide academic of the bunch, although he's really old at 77. He's been paid as a consulting lawyer for the cult in lawsuits before, so I guess there's no surprise he's willing to shill for them. (it raises the question of whether Ryggeståhl has also lawyered for the cult. Can't say since I can't get Malmö court records from here)
  19. charlie Member

20. basil Member

Is it just me, or do the flags in both pictures not match up?

In the bottom picture there are loads of yellow and blue flags; you can't see them where they ought to be in the top picture.

I see at least 3 Israeli flags (why?) in the top picture but no sign of them in the bottom picture.

Also, bottom picture there's a big round thing to the above right of the Scientology cross; no sign of it it in top picture.

Finally, in the bottom picture there's a hanging blue drape on the first brick column to the right of the cross. In the top picture, it's yellow and hanging over the second brick column over a completely different window?

Anyone else see this?
  21. Anonymous Member

Please calm down.

I say they do match. The photographer has moved closer to the stage in the second photo. Near the stage are only people with Swedish flags. The decorations match.
    I'm not sure if the aspect ratio is slightly different in the two photos.
    Photos of the Freewinds often have the wrong aspect ratio, in order to make it more like a cruise ship and less like a car ferry.
  22. charlie Member

look guys I saw auchaws post the with the link and the images did not look right
    so I blew it up 300% and it not right as far as I am concerned .
    the scilons alway shoop pics so as there was a dicusion about shooping in this thread already I did not think there would be any problems .
    BTW are you a mod HF or do you just have a mod fetish
  23. TinyDancer Member

There's a very nice post on ESMB by Axiom142 that reads:

24. chrisanon Member

Re: Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

Could we have the posts from the other thread that revealed who all of the Swedes really are?

Like that Vice-Deputy Parliament person who's really some sort of substitute dog-catcher?
  25. A.Non Hubbard Member

Chrisanon is right, that's a good one to check out.

Same with the 234 countries claim.
  26. TinyDancer Member

They're coming. It takes time! :)
  27. TinyDancer Member

Any more posts to be copied over - you'll need to tell me the post # in that thread.

Just storing some potential evidence of Rinder's role as at 14 May 2007. Don't know if his role is in a subtitle in the vid or not as yet.

alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

Rewriting history is a difficult art...
  29. Anonymous Member

I thought Americans were experts at that?
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

It would be nice to quote the page of the document.
  31. Ann O'Nymous Member

P. 12:
  32. Ann O'Nymous Member

P. 35:
  33. Ann O'Nymous Member

P. 37:
  34. Ann O'Nymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

36. Ann O'Nymous Member

37. A.Non Hubbard Member

mythbustedd.jpg
  38. PagAnon Member

Here's something I noticed on page 50 51.

it says "The most famous incident came in
    January 2004 when inexplicably, out of
    nowhere, no forewarning, [Kingpin]
    leapt onto [Fact-Checker], tackled
    him to the ground, straddled him at
    the chest, grabbed him at the throat,
    choked him while banging his head
    into the Roor, screaming at him, asking
    him a question repeatedly to the
    point that he was turning purple and
    requiring him to be peeled off by five
    grown men, none of whom is shorter
    than 6 feet tall, some of whom are as
    much as 6 foot 4."

and in the very next example given:
    "Shortly thereafter another gentleman
    saw [Kingpin] walking by muttering
    something about [Fact-Checker]' He
    thought it was kind of strange. He
    followed [Kingpin]. At which point
    [Kingpin] found [Fact-Checker] again,
    threw him to the ground, punched
    him repeatedly. This individual pulled
    [Kingpin] off[Fact-Checker] and [Fact-Checker] stood up again."

How is it that earlier that day it took 5 very large scilons to pull him off, when later it took only one?
  39. Ann O'Nymous Member

The latter one should have been 30 feet tall...