Customize

Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by MongoLloyd, Aug 2, 2009.

1. PagAnon Member

Re: Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

Exactly. Jesus Christ, scilons. If you're going to make up a story, BE CONSISTENT! But then again maybe that's against the tech. Who knows?
  2. crockhat Member

Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

That larger photo looks a little photoshopped to me. Naughty scilons.
    (view full size version for extra points http://www.scientology-europe.org/uploads/images/news/2009/04 - April/malmo_opening_03.jpg)

Check out the guy, bottom left, in the red tanktop and white shirt. Look at his head versus the folded over flag right next to it. Despite the flag being behind him, by the look of it, it appears to be "jutting" over his head in a strange way, like it's between his head and the camera. Not too sure about this one so we may have to let them off on that count.

But then: check out the red flag with white cross on it. Look at the arm holding it. Anything look strange? Like maybe the arm is far to big for where it is coming out of the crowd? Either scilons are doing arm expansion tech, or the cult is a bunch of lying shooping tardoids.

If communication is the universal solvent, then scilons are sniffing glue and harrassing you for change at the cash machine.
  3. DeathHamster Member

It also looks like the building acquired an extra floor between the pictures.... Now that's tricky!
  4. PagAnon Member

holy shit you're right, I never noticed that!
  5. Vir Member

I see nothing wrong with those Sweden pictures - as in there being any manipulation that is.
  6. basil Member

Now that is OT Superpowers in action!
  7. PagAnon Member

SOOPER SHOOP FTW

117391_Shoop_Da_Whoop_by_gaara345.jpg
  8. stuwyatt Member

Re: those who are thinking that the cult shopped an extra floor onto their Malmo ideal org, I present you with this:

l2092553cropgift640w.jpg

(one of the pics is of the left hand side of the building, one is of the right-hand side)
  9. happy feet Member

Wow, they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids~!~!!!

[IMG]

I pray this set of photos will put to rest all of the "zOMG shooped" claims. You can see a time lapse of events from enough angles that should satisfy the even most ardent troofers.
    Opening Of Church Of Scientology In Malmo
  10. firebug Member

This photo should explain the extra floor
    35118939.jpg
  11. stuwyatt Member

I posted this in the other thread:
    l2092553cropgift640w.jpg

The left [strike]right[/strike] hand side of the building has one extra floor than the right [strike]left[/strike] hand side. Mystery solved.

[Edit] ^^^ Holy fuck, beaten twice, and badly lol
  12. happy feet Member

lol.. i <3 you people that can google.

Also Stu gets credit for first if you count the other thread.
  13. Zak McKracken Member

/r/ closeup of the LRH portrait.

He looks like one of the Bump-Forehead aliens from Star Trek
    but I can't quite tell which species.
  14. TinyDancer Member

Lol. Nice work, guys.
  15. AnotherMrPink Member

Looking at all three pictures it does seem like the flags don't match. Where are all the swedish flags from the one in the other 2? Also, in pic one, the way the red flag with white cross and jew flag meet, it seriously looks like they are cutting each other off.

However, I looked for obvious pixelization around flags to show diff, but of course, these not being the originals it didnt help me. In all three picks, none of the flags match up. However, in 1 and 3 the arm holding the red with white cross is huge. That is one tall man.

Building is not shooped at all.
  16. stuwyatt Member

If anyone has a print-copy and access to a scanner, could they please scan the images of the org-openings at 600dpi and upload them?
  17. Vir Member

The guy with the Swiss flag isn't huge - it's rather that he's a bit short.

Most of the Swedish flags there are small paper ones held by the audience. But most of the Swedish flags in the small picture are being held by a group of youngsters who are not part of the audience. Think:
    14wvviv.jpg

The explanation is simple: The photos were taken at slightly different stages of the ceremony.

After being caught by Arnie Lerma back in the day, I doubt they're doing crowd enhancement anymore. They still prettyfy the Freewinds and their building photos - but I think the days of the headlesss man is over.
  18. happy feet Member

Here's a hint posted before: Opening Of Church Of Scientology In Malmo
  19. firebug Member

20. auchraw Member

Having passed fifteen minutes that will never return looking at the three shots from Malmo, they certainly don't match. One shows a lot of sober Swedes sitting on chairs. One shows the same gathering with lots of Swedish flags added. One shows a different event with people standing and no round yellow thing above the cross. An oddity if you look behind the man in the red tank top and white shirt is that there are tiny people in the distance but no-one filling the space.

There is a Norwegian and a Swiss flag to show international solidarity but there are also five Israeli flags and a lot of arms upthrust. I think they have been borrowed from an Israeli protest photo I have seen around somewhere, probably in WWP threads. This is very odd in Sweden.

Edit: all probably can be explained in rational terms. Flags are cheap, after all.
  21. A.Non Hubbard Member

Ugh... why is the concept of time so difficult for people to understand? You travel through it at a regular pace every single day.

Set up a shot. Take a picture. Set up another shot. Take a picture. Another shot. Another picture.

This could take anywhere from 10 seconds to 50 hours to forever.
  22. A.Non Hubbard Member

Sorry, I find the extremely convoluted and unlikely scenario that they just did something -- exactly what, we'll never know -- in photoshop. For what reason? Doesn't matter. They just did it. I know they did it, from looking at the pixels. And from having seen many shoops in my time.
  23. PagAnon Member

Why'd you have to ruin our fun?
  24. Herro Member

So, speculation and your belief that &quot;they always shoop pics&quot; is your evidence that these pictures have been altered? Postulating your own reality I see.

Wow, intelligent social animals gathering in an ordered manner. That never happens.

Maybe it was all blown out of DM's ass. In all seriousness though there's plenty of places the confetti could have come from. Why the hell would they feel the need to shoop in confetti? In the words of Christian Bale: &quot;THINK, for one fucking second.&quot;

Sigh.

Now what the hell would be the point of shooping in a longer arm?

ZOMG! YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND!

But they're bad people! And I want it to be true! Therefore it must be true!

Reality can be a real bitch huh?
  25. PagAnon Member

No, reality can be quite amusing.
  26. DeathHamster Member

FIFY.

They've always done IRL techniques like having everyone bunch up for the photos, then crop the images so that there's no empty space. When they opened the (now gone) East Toronto Mission, their photos gave the impression of a crowded throng, with a long line extending out of the photo. Comparing with SP photos, it's obvious that they carefully picked the angle of the shot exactly to give that impression and they had only as many people as appeared in the photo and no more.
  27. AnotherMrPink Member

with new pics added I see all photos in Sweden being possible.
  28. firebug Member

Silons being sneaky and using real people and flags
  29. DeathHamster Member

There is a Klingon proverb: One man can carry many flags in a single day.
  30. Vir Member

It's the same event. Learn2perspective.
  31. firebug Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmU_q5xrnto"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  32. Vir Member

Oh, I don't dispute that. Also that they frequently lie about numbers. I just think they stay away from the clone tool these days.
  33. Ann O'Nymous Member

Back to business ?
  34. Anonymous Member

Not saying this is impossible, but some people look awfully young, from p.70...

so1x.png

Some of them look younger then 50 (even if we assume they joined SO at age 10)...
  35. PagAnon Member

Either way you put it, Scientology is full of fail and the fact that one of the pics is missing the bow thingingy from the building is intruiging.
  36. A.Non Hubbard Member

You forgot Miscavige (which makes 12).
  37. Ann O'Nymous Member

38. themadhair Member

Those pics may not represent the entirety of the execs they are referring to. Just saying.
  39. Ann O'Nymous Member

470/12=39.17...
    Looks stupid anyway.
  40. charlie Member

whoops