Customize

Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by MongoLloyd, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Vir Member

Re: Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

It's not missing. It's off to the left. Three dimensional space.
  2. Anonymous Member

Once and for all there is nothing wrong with the photos. Different times of the day different angles. I've been in the photo business for 30 years and I know a shooped photo when I see one and so far I haven't seen one in this group.
  3. firebug Member

ffgk.jpg

4. Ann O'Nymous Member

More wins in the text, IMHO.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

Jenny De Vocht Linson:

did she marry John Richard Linson 40 years old, son of Barbara Lil Danto Linson 65 years old (OT8) and Arthur "Art" L. Linson 67 years old (who produced the movie Fight Club)? Only Linson mentioned on Kristi's list...

John Linson (John Linson)
    Fixer-uppers and fishy deals (Fight Club producer)
    Movie (John & Art Linson, producers)
    Operation Clambake present: Alt.Religion.Scientology Week In Review (Art Linson)
    Scientology library: “Jennifer Linson”
  7. Re: Fact-Checking the Freedom and SPT Articles

Very conspicuously absent are Heber Jentzsch and Ken Hoden. So where are they? In iron masks under Bonnie View getting the Medieval Rundown?
  8. AnotherMrPink Member

So that whole fastest growing religion thing....

Isnt the real fastest growing religion in the world Bah'ia or however you spell it?
  9. Ogsonofgroo Member

Holy March of de Long-Faces!
    :D

As expected, lots of fun with scilon's can't math 'tech', but I guess when you're dealing with millions and billions of years its insignificant discrepancies :rolleyes:

I was wondering if the lack of namage was due to not wanting to expose members to the entheta caused by mentioning SP's/criminals names? Whatevah, its all so warped and twisted anyway lolol.
    Good Gravey Batbrat!
    1903610497thebatboyt.jpg
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]Wheeee![/COLOR][/SIZE]

:)
  10. OHSHI Member

Haha they want to have the RIGHT to be the fastest growing religion, even thought that is impossible.

I think Life of Brian already covered this:

1:49
  11. basil Member

Seems like "ex-Scientologists" is the fastest growing thing at the moment.
  12. Anonymous Member

Are you saying it isn't?
  13. Ima Nonymous Member

Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

35118939.jpg
    The crosed out cross id about five meters in front of the main building where the bunting and yellow thing are mounted.
    The yellow thing is clearly visible in this photo in the extreme upper left hand corner.
    [IMG]

Same event. Perspective shift.
  14. NCSP Member

Here's something: in the litany of "stats" toward the beginning of the mag (and I'm not going to subject myself to rereading it right now, thank you very much) I seem to recall that they claim a lot of stuff doubled. Seems really unlikely (and lazy!) to claim that all these different stats expanded at exactly the same rate. (Page 3 alone shows 6 of the 16 stats "doubling" over the same period of time.)
  15. MongoLloyd Member

I don't think the Scilons shooped the Malmö pix. They already faked it by shipping in people from all over the place. Germany, Denmark, Hungary, Israel (apparently).

Before becoming an Ideal Org, Malmö had about 20 active members. Obviously COB needed a bigger crowd than that for his big empty building.

Besides, they don't need shooped pix from Malmö to fail.. Here's an answer to that OCMB thread on where all the RPF-produced shit is going:
    2ir5j0i.jpg

What-the-I-don't-even-know... Epic grammar fail. At least the umlauts were in the right place.
    The sign doesn't make any sense. I can't even tell what it's supposed to mean by translating it back to English.. Something like "Public theory" or "General theory".. it's nonsensical.
    (Easier to explain to Germanfags: In German it'd be the exact same as saying Allgemeinheit Theorie)

Well, there you have it. The most efficient organization on the planet, light-years ahead of everyone else. But apparently not capable of making a quick phone call to a Swedish scilon to find out what their signs should read before spending god-knows how many hours making them.
  16. PagAnon Member

yeah and I can see a tiny piece of bow in the corner. btw I'm told it's Wicca that's the fastest growing religion. What's funny is that it came around at about the same time as scientology, yet it seems to be a polar opposite to it. Most wiccans I know are very engaging and friendly, though not necessarily open about their religion (i mean open as in telling everyone about it, not that they're close minded). It's said it will be the third largest religion in the united states by 2012.
  17. blownforgood Member

1. Jenny Linson is the daughter of Art Linson. She also was married to Tom Devocht. And yes, Art is a movie producer and produced Fight Club and a host of other great movies, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Heat, Lords of Dogtown etc.

2. Pictures of SP hall people are old Only pic in the bunch which seems at all current is one of Angie Blankenship. She is in her mid 30's. (she is semi hot IRL) All other pix look top be old and were done at least 10 years ago as part of picture that were done for entire base. I have a picture against that same backdrop from years ago! They all would look like they were in their 60's at least and Angie would have split ends and bags under here eyes from David Miscavige's constant torture.

Fun facts about SP Hall People -

a. Dave Bloomberg's wife divorced him in order to stay in RTC. No one in RTC was allowed to be married to anybody outside of RTC for fear of infiltration and leaks. (All of RTC had to watch the movies Internal Affairs and No Way Out several times as well.)

b. Marc Yager's wife divorced him when Davis Miscavige told her that she was married to an SP and if she stayed married she would be an SP too. At least she got the car.

c. Mark Ingber's wife has been battling cancer for years and almost died due to mistreatment. Mark Ingber has been getting in trouble with David Miscavige for at least 15 years nonstop.

d. Norman Starkey's wife never gets to see him as she works directly for Dave Miscavige and since Norman is an SP, she has to be a hard ass with him when they do meet up and they are both miserable.

e. Ray Mithoff has been an SP for the longest at the Int Base and has been being treated like a dog for so long, Clifford is his hero. He can only wish that he was big enough to pop and squat and bury DM in a steamy pile of SP.

f. Greg Wilhere divorced his last wife Sandy to get the younger bustier Sue as his wife. Sandy then got MS and was moved to PAC so she could die off the Int Base. Greg's son Darius Wilhere was offloaded from the Int Base and moved to a Sea Org installation in Mexico where he was in a car accident and died. He was revived 11 minutes later by paramedics (where the hell was Tom Cruise) and is currently living in Mexico in constant pain due to sever back injuries and face lacerations. (Greg is also the guy that found Katie Holmes for Tom Cruise)

g. Angie Blankenship was a hot shit executive at Flag before arriving to the Int Base in 2003. It took her only a matter of months to become one of the Int Base SPs. Now she has a long celibate future to look forward to or she could marry one of the other old guys in the picture.

h. Guiliume Leserve has been ED Int for years. He cannot take a breath without David Miscavige telling him how he did it wrong. His wife Vanella was offloaded from the Int base years ago and lives in Europe. His children were also offloaded from the Int Base and not only never see him, but don't think they will ever again. He does not write them or call and has not been part of their life at all.

i. Lyman Spurlock has had to put up with David Miscavige's bullshit for years and is one of the few people at the Int Base that has mouthed off to him on occasion. Lyman just likes to be able to spend a few minutes with his wife Carol every once in awhile and the last time they had a few days off with each other was over 20 years ago.

j. Russ Bellin was brought to the Int Base by David Miscavige after Russ had overseen the building of the underground vaults in California and New Mexico. Russ's wife is still posted at CST and he rarely if ever sees her due to him being locked up at the Int Base as an INT SP.

So if you wondering why they are so happy in the pictures, it is the things above that fill them with overwhelming happiness! (Or they know David Miscavige is about to have a cell mate named Bubba.)

3. They love to add up years and say how much experience people have combined. "470 years of lying and cheating." These same people have over 100 years combined experience at being designated "Suppressive Persons" by David Miscavige! That is over 700 in SP dog years.

4. Stats are total bullshit and in most cases unverifiable. They say that stats doubled or tripled in effort to leave out the numbers so that they cannot be verified. They used to show the numbers and people started to catch on that the stats were going down not up, so they stopped doing that. Also doubling a stat is a easyt thing to fudge. You have one guy start a course last year. You get the same guy and his friend to start a course this year and they might not even finish or join anonymous a week later and you still have DOUBLE the course starts as last year! Hurray!!!

Until next time...
    BFG
  18. Anonymous Member

Here in Norway even the Mormon missionaries who come from America speak better Norwegian than the Norwegian Scientology spokesman who has been here for ... what ... 20 years? And their books are riddled with strange word constructions.

The type of problems illustrated in a non-Scientology context:
    YouTube - Matering Swedish - Lesson 2
  19. NCSP Member

Heh, they speak such easy-to-understand English too.
  20. Anonymous Member

Miscarriage leader for 25 years. 2009 - 25 = 1984 Hubbard died Jan. 24,1986
  21. DeathHamster Member

They have strange word constructions in any language!

They're just duplicating Source.
  22. MongoLloyd Member

Yes but it's no secret Miscaviage was running things by then. He was certainly formally the COB of RTC before then.

First he got rid of Mary-Sue Hubbard (~1981). Then he got rid of David Mayo and consolidated his power with the infamous Mission Holder's Conference. (~1982) and after Hubbard died (1986) he got rid of the Broekers.

So yeah, Miscavage was de facto running the show by around 1984 it seems.
  23. Anonymous Member

Am I the only one who finds that ironic/eerie?
  24. DeathHamster Member

I believe that, on paper, he was holding down the head position at Author Services Inc, and some flunky was in the seat at RTC until the late 80s.

I can't find the dox right now, it might be in here:
    Stewart Lamont - Religion Inc. Chapter 5 Gamekeepers and Poachers
  25. Anonymous Member

confetti.jpg

The confetti is real. End of discussion about it.
  26. Anonymous Member

I am going to play Devil's Advocate - and not because Herro's banned for a week.

If I was a die-hard Scientologist, and bought into it for whatever reason (true believer, mentally ill, brainwashed, etc.) I don't think it would open my eyes. If they believe that we have thetans stuck to us, they can easily believe that bad journalists are spreading lies about the cult.

Now, if I was already having some doubts or was a newer member (so not so invested and vested in it), it might cause me to go "hmmm." I think it is also a death blow of any hope they have of gaining new members in the geographical locations where the magazine was sent.

Remember when the sex scandals in the Catholic Church first came to light - there was a HUGE uproar among members who refused to believe that anything like that could happen in THEIR religion/diocese/church. It took years, even with court cases, eyewitnesses, victims coming forward, etc. for most parishoners to face the truth.

I may be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But, we need to be at least a bit realistic.

/my 2 cents
  27. Anonymous Member

But the thing is, the die-hard OTs are MORE likely to know some of these blown exes than the fresh meat are.

To compare it with your sex abuse example, it's a bit like if one of the people who said he had been abused were the bishop himself.

In addition to this, even if they believe in the tech 100%, they probably have some negative thoughts about current management.
  28. Anonymous Member

You make good points. However, I don't know of any Catholic friends who left the church because they didn't like the way the priest ran the parish. Yes, they left if they didn't believe in the tenets of the religion, but not if they didn't like what was done with the offering $.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.
  29. anyjane Member

FWIW I think a lot of the completely indoctrinated are going to go with what is printed in Freedom over SPT. Even if they knew the ones who left and are speaking out now. So, pretty much what poster #106,#108 said.
  30. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  31. Anonymous Member

Compared to Scientology, even the Catholic church is like the pinnacle of democracy. Also Catholics put much weight on being in communion with the Holy See/Vatican/the Pope. Catholics can choose to change their affiliations within the Catholic church, join religious orders etc.

Also Catholics are free to protest fiercly against misdeeds inside their churches without being excommunicated for it. And even those who become excommunicated for other reasons aren't disconnected from their families. They can even come to Mass, but have to refuse communion.

In many non-Catholic churches there is even true church democracy, where the member elect their representatives - perhaps to assemblies mixed between appointed and elected representatives etc. etc.
  32. Anonymous Member

Super lulzy fact checking that Anons can do. We have cells wherever the pics of all the new orgs opened.

Anons in each town go and take pics of the exact same buildings from the exact same angles, plus closer ones to show how the great looking buildings in the pics are really just big empty shells.

Super Power for sure, as well as other I bet. Something like heres what they say it looks like, heres what it really looks like.
  33. Uncle Bruce Member

Going into much detail to fact check a scilon publication is like analyzing chicken shit.

Q: What is the whit stuff in chicken shit?
    A: It's chicken shit!
  34. themadhair Member

^ This is actually a really really good idea. I'll start a thread.
  35. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Good lord, IT'S NOT EVEN THE SAME BUILDING...

Look at the space above the "cross". One whole story difference.
  36. Ann O'Nymous Member

Lurk moar.
  37. Obi-Wan-anon Member

My bad.
  38. PagAnon Member

possibly taken at different times.
    again possibly different times
    yes there is. look at the very top left corner.
    idk. looks the same to me.
  39. Anonymous Member

ok, where do they get off saying that 6,000 people showed up for the Fail Harrison Jail reopening?Anyone know how many people actually went?
  40. Uncle Bruce Member

1,326- Now who wants to bet some yahoo will actually count them to prove me wrong?