Customize

Fair Game: Waterloo for an Outdated Strategy

Discussion in 'Protest Planning' started by chrisanon, Feb 6, 2010.

1. chrisanon Member

Fair Game: Waterloo for an Outdated Strategy

Aaron Saxton is being Fair Gamed. With 2 AVOs in such a short space of time, the release of personal info to the public, and all the other shenanigans they've pulled on Aaron, I have no doubt about it.

Fair game was conceived in the 50s by a man whose mentality was formed in the 20s. It is meant to isolate, shame, and terrify its victims. Aaron ain't isolated, there's people from all over the world in this thread talking about him. And there's no reason to feel terrified or ashamed, either.

For the Scilons to fair game someone in 2010 is like the French thinking they can win WWII by digging trenches.

Oh wait. The French did think that. And the Germans took France in 6 weeks, because --oops-- trenches don't work that well when the other army has planes and tanks.

In this 21st century environment, Fair Game can't work unless bystanders let it work. It's a trench, and Anon has planes.

I don't feel PA'd here. If this stupid, evil cult really thinks they can do this to someone with so many people watching, I would like to show them that they actually can't.

I mean, really, just how dumb do they think people are? Someone who's gone out of his way to expose their misdeeds, who's been instrumental in getting his country's government to consider opening an investigation...they're going to FAIR GAME HIM?

THAT sounds like a plan to these morons? This is the great and terrible OSA? Who does their strategy for them, Elmer Fudd?

I am heavily in favor of backing Aaron up 100% whether he returns to the fight or not.

ETA:
    Oh, and since crazy Scilons are crazy, the war imagery IS A METAPHOR. We don't have real armaments. At least I don't. This is a non-violent protest movement. So FUCK OFF. And that's a metaphor, too, because no one around here is interested in your BT infested genitalia.

(Post adapted from one I wrote in another thread.)
  2. Mark Cabian Member

Re: Fair Game: Waterloo for an Outdated Strategy

It is a war for humanity, and the cult has thrown down the gauntlet. I'm ready. And to use another metaphor, you have my sword.
  3. Anonymous Member

The French didn't dig trenches in WWII. Hubbard issued the Fair Game HCOPL on March 1st 1965.
  4. chrisanon Member

I think it's fair enough to call the Maginot line a trench, broadly defined. Especially because the principles that guided its conception and design were firmly based in thinking that had its roots in the trench warfare of WWI. Besides, it's more poetic in context. One doesn't have always to be mundane.

And just because the Fair Game policy itself was announced in the 60s doesn't mean it wasn't conceived in the 50s. In fact, the following dates from 1955:

Wow, the only thing you got out of my post were things you think are errors to quibble with. What are you going to do to end fair game? Or are you just trying to derail this thread?
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

Fair game works and it helps people see that Scientology sucks.
  6. Mark Cabian Member

We need to give support - yes, $ - to Aaron ASAP as they are bringing ruin to his life. He has a PayPal account that people have just started using. Email him.

Expect Us means we run this, in every way imaginable. The cult will not silence the critics anymore. Enough is enough.

I encourage everyone to give a dime, a dollar, or whatever they can. If you're geographically close to him, show support in other ways too.

Summary: figure out what you're going to do about this and follow through.
  7. Anonymous Member

Thinking of Waterloo...

I found the scientology media blitz about Haiti very disturbing and was thinking this could be some turning point in terms of the effectiveness of scientology propaganda that might turn the tide for them. Now, I am thinking that this round of scientology propaganda may be their waterloo because it will be hilarious when Cobert and Jon Stewart get hold of these propaganda pieces - I can't wait.
  8. Shinythings Member

As far as I have read, fair game worked pretty well with Bob Minton, and is working fine so far with Aaron (hey, we're making donations because he can't face the legal harassment alone!). If we can get more media coverage for this we might still win, but I'm afraid making donations for Aaron's legal fund might be not sustainable in the long run.

So I don't know. Fair game is Fail Game when you're anon, but not so much if not.

Bottom line, protect your anonymity!
  9. Shinythings Member

...If they do. Some harpoons might be in order!
  10. Mark Cabian Member

Good idea. Contact them now, please!
  11. hotdog57 Member

I have been watching people geting Fair Gamed my intire life,
    For Scientology it must be legel and authorized by the U S Goverment mental torture techniques and so on... The SOB know how to drive you insane,
    And most of the Goverment sit on their ass unconscious..
    I lost my dad from disconnection in 2008 because of they sick Scientology head games.
  12. ObamAnon Member

Hubbard did not see the Internet coming. Proof that he was not super human.

Miscavige still does not see (understand the power of) the Internet. Proof of incompetence.

/facepalm Jeez....
  13. Anonynamefag Member

We need to take this Fair Game attempt and put it directly into the spotlight. This is a golden opportunity to prove that what Xenophon said about the cult attempting to silence their critics is true. In a world where information is transmitted at the speed of light and where even the tiniest of mistakes can be seen worldwide at forty camera angles, Fair Game will be the cult's undoing. They are bound to and by the tech; due to the fact that they can't change, Fair Game can be used as a weakness.

I say we shout this Fair Game attempt on a federal informant from the rooftops. Turn this attempt at silencing a critic into confirmation of Xenophon's accusations. The cult has just single-handedly proven that everything he was saying was spot-on. Let's use that.
  14. chrisanon Member

To think I wrote all that when I could have just said ^THIS^^!!1!!1!
  15. chrisanon Member

Exactly. Fair game isn't just about Aaron. He's just the latest victim. I want him to be the last victim.

And I'm not quite sure yet how to make that happen, even though I'm sure it's possible.

Anyone, everyone, ideas?
  16. Anonymous Member

Required: tl;dr of exactly HOW scientology is getting failgamey with aaron.

What are they doing to him? I know what fair game is, so I don't need a definition. Just facts.

kthx.

(oh marc - you best be trollin with the 'arron needs our jewgoldz nao' shit)
  17. Anonynamefag Member

Previously when the cult started their Fair Game bullshit, Anonymous was able to turn it into a media shitstorm for the Cult. Remember Gregg's charges? We were able to get it into the newspapers, and IIRC the charges were dropped. Same with Epic Nose Guy. Remember the Complex? Same thing - the cult tried to censor the book, and the Associated Press picked it up, and Amazon was forced to make a statement, and Scientology's attempts to censor a book were exposed worldwide.

We need to do the same thing here. We need to take what the cult is doing and turn it against them. I say we prepare a press release. I know I say that a lot, but considering the fact that Saxton is a key witness and that Scientology is blatantly trying to intimidate him into silence, this is the perfect opportunity to nail them to the wall by proving that Xenophon was telling the truth. Get the dox, and publish it.

It's time we put this Fair Game bullshit to bed.
  18. meccaanon Member

Sustain and enhance. The only way fair game can work is if we stay silent. Also; you get the most flack when right over target. Remember also, DM calls ALL the shots here. Fight this and you are bitch slapping the dwarf.
  19. chrisanon Member

This is as good a place to start as any.

Outline:
    • define/describe CoS really simply
    • define Fair Game really simply for people who've never heard of it
    • Give a few past examples- Paulette, Gerry, Graham, exOT8Michael, whoever
    • Sentence about Fair Game is the reason Anon protests are masked
    • Give Aaron's details-- This is the focus, he gets the most space

Look, these are just off the top of my head, so don't rip my head off, just give feedback and make it better.
  20. Anonynamefag Member

Let's not forget that Scientology tried to claim that Fair Game was a "core religious practice of Scientology and is therefore constitutionally protected" during the Wollserheim case.

The Church of Scientology appealed this decision twice to the United StateSupreme Court
  21. Anonymous Member

^^THIS^^

ITT we use this.

Suggestions on the table - send Aaron $$$ (some will, some won't); make press release (doable)...

A central point to punch up would be that Aaron knew this was coming and knew exactly what it would entail. We can use this too. eg. proof of ballz-o-steel, what exes are willing to knowingly risk...
  22. stc Member

Watch this for background: [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/9203576]Today Tonight - Scientology AVO on Vimeo[/ame]

^ Bryan Seymour is fucking brilliant

Stuff has happened since the video. Read more.

It gives context. Also, the report is hilarious and really exposes how creepy the cult is. It also underlines why Germany relies on an intelligence agency to watch them.
  23. Anonymous Member

24. stc Member

tl;dr They're behaving like cunts, like they have always done, but now it's becoming more difficult for them to hide it.

Free speech & the flow of information is their biggest enemy.

They thrive on secrecy; their morale is tied to how well they can gaurd it. Hope people continue to chip away at it.
  25. Mark Cabian Member