Customize

FALL FESTIVAL OF FLUNK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skeptic2girl, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeptic2girl Member

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...mento-new-year-lovefest-sacramento-ca.107223/
    ^^^ SO happy rickybobby posted this (I've mistyped and written *rickbooby* now more than once... it's catching, lady m!) -- and I thought I'd cross-post it here, since it's geographically relevant.

moog, maybe I could give you a lift, and possibly you could catch a ride home with rickbobby, and take BART home from Rickybobby Land to your destination?

I want to stay a few days to see a friend there.

But we so so so so so need a DJ.

ps: luna and tulu are going to try and make it to the santacon raid. At least we're in touch.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Could you ask them to bring a stack of my signs that they have. I miss them.

20jrepy.jpg

sghksm.jpg

2ch71q1.jpg

2zs2yhw.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Darth Xander Member

S2G kept nagging and nagging me (like only a chick can) for a video from my visit out to San Fransisco. I didn't have enough for a proper raid video (and besides, the other hardcore put together much better videos of the raids than I could ever do), but I did have enough to put together this paean to the indefatigable protester that is Skeptic2Girl.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. skeptic2girl Member

This was kind of you -- but I do have to point out that there are many more indefatigable (EDIT: indefatigabler ;) ) protestors than I -- you have a ton more videos to make -- GET ON IT!! ;)

PS: I was happy you got the chalk tech on film -- it started raining hard, and it all got messy fast.
    That was a good night, with the newbs, and the pizza -- and you upped the fun quotient, despite your jackassery. Thanks! <3
  5. Darth Xander Member

More indefatigable? Uh, yeah.
  6. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll actually make it. :( They have transportation issues.
    In addition to yours, they have some other signs of moog's I think, and maybe some other misc. stuff -- I've found that in general, for protests anywhere on earth, I need to only lend someone to someone if I never need it back again.

iow, try to see if you can write those signs off, for tax purposes, as "gifts."
  7. rickybobby Member

Yes, Ma'am. And I am going to the party store today to look for extra Christmas cheer. Ad, be prepared to wear a Santa hat if I find them! promise I won't make you wear reindeer ears or anything goofy....
  8. rickybobby Member

Moog, pm me and we can work out details. or we can work them out on Caturday.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. skeptic2girl Member

yeah, I assume we're going to dinner after -- and now that Xander's back in Chicago, we can branch out from pizza...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. rickybobby Member

I answer to RickyBooby just fine.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. rickybobby Member

Any new Anons out there want to come protest with us, please feel free to PM me or Skeptic2girl and we can hook you up. Don't be shy, it'll be fun. I promise. It'll help get you into the Christmas spirit, and out in the great city of San Francisco at holiday time.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MOOG Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Chipshotz Member

From all corners of the country, you do have a way with the ladies DX.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. skeptic2girl Member

I got an email about various candlelight vigils around the country Saturday night, around 5pm. I am going to bring the Lisa M candles to our raid so we can light them by our entheta altar.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  15. skeptic2girl Member

See you guys at 5. Or, let's face it - a bit after 5.
  16. skeptic2girl Member

Great raid, guys!! No excitement to match the hose tech of last month, but just super good vibes, and a fun time was had by all, including all the SF Santas at Santacon! Bonus points goes to someone dressed up as the most fabulous tree, complete with flashing colored lights.

Footage to follow, but sightings were had of Pippi (gf was soooooo MAD), BookBoy, Bill Crawford... who else? Oh, Reading Rainbow -- but that wasn't on camera -- Lady M and I bumped into him as we were walking to the org -- he told us the usual stuff about how we were losers and then repeated his idiotic mantra: "Read a book!"

Oooh, and we saw Goofy and got some good hugs in -- he had to go drinking, though, with the rest of the Santas and couldn't stay to raid. (Based on evidence tonight at Santacon, Santa is gonna get a DUI come
    December 24th :()

It was a night of Gifts -- I consider our cell a gift, and the wonderful people in it. <3
    ***oh my gosh, and guess what I'm wearing to the next raid -- my lovely, sunshine-yellow, Volunteer SP shirt! At last! It was delivered to me personally.
    THANK YOU Born2Shop!! xoxoxoxoxo
    Also had a most unexpected gift from someone I've been in contact with who had talked of dropping by a protest, but we could never quite coordinate our dates.

I had off-handedly mentioned something about my camera and how everyone complains about my video quality, and he/she said, "I have an extra camera I'm not using, if you would like it!"

He/she stopped by tonight, and gave me this generous gift. Thank you, New Friend -- next time be sure and have dinner with us. <3<3<3

Everyone's working on footage. brb...
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

For Sandy Hook...
    Love and Prayers from San Francisco:
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  18. skeptic2girl Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Darth Xander Member

Good job all! And hey, something better than 240 video from S2G. Can't wait to see it!
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Santacon raid needs to be an annual thing
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. rickybobby Member

Gosh! That was fast! I just barely got home!

I think the big fabulousness of the night was both the unexpectedly mild weather and SANTACON barcrawlers. Lots of Santas out, LOTS, including the slutty ones. And for some reason, they loved the GF masks. Lady M had a creepy drunk dude try and get it off her face, I had a passerby that wanted to buy it so he could wear it out to the bars.

The org itself was under some kind of renovation or repair, or maybe it was just getting new carpet. I thought this Idle Org was relatively new..... whutsup with that. Anyway, we had to gather at the side door. The bad part of that= we were less visible to the public. The good part of that= all the Scifolks were funneled into our group to get out of the building, so we got to get up close and personal will all the good little boys and girls who were there for their Christmas cheer. As they came out the door, they ran smack into our signs and Moog's awesome Disco Ball Light Show, complete with music. BTW, the new mix is awesome, and I enjoyed watching Lady M dance to it.

I think they were having some sort of Christmas party, though you sure wouldn't know it by the somber looks on their faces. A dozen or so came tumbling out of the org, a couple carrying Santa hats, but none of them looked festive at all. As a matter of fact, they looked kind of miserable, mostly. I missed Reading Rainbow calling us losers (again) and trying to get us to read a book (again). Don't know why he's so hot to get US to read a book, when he can't think of anything more creative to call us than losers, but maybe a thesaurus is not in his apparently extensive book collection....

Dinner was delicious and welcome, seeing as I had been looking forward to chicken tikka all day long. Skeptic2Girl brought us some festive and delicious lemon bars and cookies that capped it all of perfectly, so thanks for that!

Tl;dr: It ended up being a great raid despite the rain delay, good time had by all, RickyBobby grateful for the good fun, good company and good food.
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  22. rickybobby Member

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  23. rickybobby Member

OMFG! I FORGET TO REPORT A MOST IMPORTANT DETAIL!!!!

There were more Femanons than Mananons. GOOOOO FEMANONS! WOOTWOOT

You'd better get out in front of the Orgs here, boys, or WE FEMS ARE GONNA TAKE THIS TOWN!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. Don't forget Rollerskate Santa, who partied with us for a bit.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Ogsonofgroo Member

&lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3 Femanons and All!

You guys are fucking AWESOME!

black_forest_cake_to_vasai.jpg

Rock on Anons! Havin' fun and getting stuffs done!
    • Like Like x 2
  26. MOOG Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. MOOG Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. rickybobby Member

It was soooo funny that those two guys got locked out. They acted like we were going to bite them. They were stuck right out there with us for a good 3 to 4 minutes worth of ENTHETA. Oooooooohhhhh yes, they got an earful.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  30. skeptic2girl Member

Here's footage of Lady M and me at the beginning of the raid. My brave girl took a solo stroll to check out the Renovations in Progress, and I didn't accompany her, she's so self-sufficent; but then I look up and some drunk jerk is touching her mask. I hate drunk people.

I'm posting this in the hopes that his mom sees it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  32. skeptic2girl Member

Had the happy coincidence (and it really was coincidence) of encountering Pippi at Santacon.
    Not partying with the jolly Santas, though -- just stopping by the org.
    Not sure how well it got on camera, but the girl who was with her kept on jumping pointlessly to get a glimpse into the org window which is at least 12 feet off the ground.

• Winner Winner x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

That reminds me - is there any official term to delineate male Anons from female Anons? As in, femanons are femmes, and plain old "Anons" could be m or f, but if you're referring specifically to a male anon, then...??
  34. rickybobby Member

Peens?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. I figure it's like the term 'man' and 'woman', there's 'Anons' and 'femanons', even though we are all 'Anons' under the umbrella.
    Double-alaskan-rainbow.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  36. skeptic2girl Member

Here's the last video I have, where the kid behind the desk accidentally locks out a guy from Golden Era Productions. (D'oh!)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 2
  38. Um so basically we must raid during these specific times.
    I can't make it to the 22nd but for now I'm free for the other events.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. rickybobby Member

the 5th is Sacramento.

And who the heck would go to a Postulates Seminar on New Year's Day? They deserve trolling if they are there. Both of them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.